SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-21-10, 09:30 PM   #2266
ShadowWolf Kell
Medic

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
>>Is it possible to make the CT refits automatic after certain dates?

I've already done all i can to force CT refits. I can't bypass hardcoded routines.
4 patrols with 1 patrol rated as "good" (600 renown) before your offered new command or refit. Game seems to default to new command. Decline, and you should get a refit after next patrol. At least in testing, thats what was happening.

>>Another bug I ran across while accepted a new command in a Gato was being assigned to a Balao with a late war CT

Theres only one CT model, the varience is the paint job. If your getting a black sub with a black CT, there is no problem. If your getting a black sub with a gray paint job, there is a problem.

Hmm, I seem to keep running into a new command prompt, then nothing for the next two patrols. Then I'm offered a new command again. I went so far as to try a Gato as soon as they became available and didn't receive any refit option before being offered a Balao.

As for the Balao, it starts out with the standard Measure 9 factory paint job, so no problem there then.

Dunno what else to do. I've run through 3 seperate games and not once been offered a refit. The only thing I can think of is perhaps I've been doing too well on my patrols. All 3 campaigns I've started out in Manila and only relocated in my latest when I took command of a Gato. It was pretty quiet until I was offered a Balao.

As far as mods go, I'm just running TMO and RSRDC with the latest patches.

I'm kind of at a loss here since I didn't have this trouble with TMO 1.6 which I also played with RSRDC. I wouldn't think RSRDC would interfere in that regard, though it does change how flotillas work.
ShadowWolf Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 09:51 PM   #2267
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

What boat are you starting in? What date is the first command offered? What is the first boat offered?
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 12:07 AM   #2268
ShadowWolf Kell
Medic

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
What boat are you starting in? What date is the first command offered? What is the first boat offered?
I've tried in a Sargo and a Porpoise (twice) thus far, based in Manila at the start of the war, so Dec. 7, 1941.

In all three instances, I'd returned from my 3rd patrol sometime in April of '42 and have been offered a Gato on each one. My current game is the only one where I actually decided to switch to see if it'd make a difference, which it didn't. Nothing offered until the Balao.

Of note, I did fiddle around a little with the Sargo campaign and transfered to Pearl. Rather than just the new command offers, they also basically gave me the choice of upgrading or retiring. I reverted back to an earlier save and never had that happen in Freemantle.

I'm wondering if it might treat SubPac a bit differently than the others for some reason.
ShadowWolf Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 08:34 AM   #2269
Iron Budokan
Sea Lord

Downloads: 32

I finally have a computer that can handle SH4 graphically and have been using TMO and RSRD. I want to say I am really enjoying TMO right now. It's a great mod and I want to thank all the people who worked so hard to give us this great mod.

Thank you, guys!

http://kennethmarkhoover.com
Iron Budokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 03:36 PM   #2270
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Back to SH4 and a start on TMO1.9

Career started Feb 16 1943 USS Skate Balao, completed the three training missions in Mare island then transferred to Midway on April 22 1943 with first assignment a Photo recon of Hiroshima Harbor I check the map to see its right inside Japan waters ... Your kidding right? I aint playing DiD so luckierly i saved often as i got SUNK often by the destroyers oh and one sinking was cause by the Merchants deck guns, I decided to surface and finish her off after hitting her with one torpedo but she was determined to do the same! Resulting in getting my ass kicked (Reload) Takes note: dont attack on the surface using the deck guns...Ever!. After playing cat and mouse with the bloody destroyers I finally found a way in by hugging the coastline on the right opposite Imazu Habour area as close as possible keeping in mind of any land bunkers while on the surface only to submerge when it got to hot for comfort.

Once inside the harbour it was all plain sailing took the photo and sunk a Hiryu Fleet carrier before leaving. On my way out i had to avoid all the destroyers for a second time sinking one (Wakatake destroyer) that i couldn't shake off and a Nippon Maru Merchant.

What took a whole Saturday afternoon to get in and then out, I finally ordered a course back to Midway when about 400miles out from Japan we got attacked by aircraft losing one of the gunner crew

All in all it was a damn excellent patrol. Im preparing myself for my next assignment - 'Drop agent of in Qingdao' !!!

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-10, 05:44 PM   #2271
Jurgens
Swabbie

Downloads: 66
Default suggestion

you should get with the makers of RSDC and implement the ships from his mod into your main mod, because with just 'fleet carrier' for american CV'S isnt acurate at all.
Jurgens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-10, 09:34 PM   #2272
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305

I'm playing a career out of Dutch Harbor in the Aleutian Campaign in TMO 1.9.

The date is October 6, 1942 and I am sailing in the S-45. I'm at the beginning of my forth patrol and when trying to start the patrol when setting the speed at standard I get a message saying "Cannot Comply".

Any ideas?

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-10, 08:46 AM   #2273
banjo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 55

Check to see if your crew is in Battle STations.
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-10, 07:57 PM   #2274
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
Check to see if your crew is in Battle STations.

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is at the very start of my forth patrol. So I know that battlestations has not been called.

Old 04-28-10, 08:01 PM   #2275
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but this is at the very start of my forth patrol. So I know that battlestations has not been called.
Does TMO make changes to Rank Structure?
If so, did you get a new Crew Member recently and place them at the Helm? If the Crew Member rank is wrong they will not function.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-10, 08:06 PM   #2276
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Does TMO make changes to Rank Structure?
If so, did you get a new Crew Member recently and place them at the Helm? If the Crew Member rank is wrong they will not function.

As far as I know there has been no additions or subtractions in the crew since I began this career in the Aleutians. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 04-29-10, 10:07 AM   #2277
banjo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 55

I seem to remember in TMO there is a mod you need to get if you are in a S model sub that enables the engines. Check under Ducumus' mods to fine it.
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 10:46 AM   #2278
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
I seem to remember in TMO there is a mod you need to get if you are in a S model sub that enables the engines. Check under Ducumus' mods to fine it.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Old 04-29-10, 01:47 PM   #2279
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145

but wasnt the S boat engine fix done years ago and included in a patch

Im running TMO1.9 and my trusty rusty sboat runs fine.... not very fast, not very far away and allways comes up to to the surface when ordered....

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 03:37 PM   #2280
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Hey, buddy. You wouldn't happen to have a link for the S-boat engine fix would you? I don't have it on my computer any more and i can't find it anywhere.