Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
It seems the West does anything it can, to provoke Russia
This.

@Kranz: I am still awaiting for the translation of key points in the 'Tornado' article.
Same goes for the article of russian captured equipment show in Kiev. What are they as per the article?

Surely you can name the pieces of equipment?
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-15, 04:50 PM   #2567
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ Hmm, and which signal do you think this could be ?

"Look here, i have the longest ?"
"You can do what you want, we will destroy you ?"

It seems the West does anything it can, to provoke Russia
Maybe you right I'm not really an expert in that area-I can only say- it does send a signal of some kind to Putin-How he interprets those signals I don't know

Maybe he got a good laugh

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-15, 05:18 PM   #2568
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

I have to agree with that point, it is a useless and stupid provocation parading U.S. army vehicles in Narva.

Narva is 135 KM or 84 miles from downtown St.Petersburg. If you ever want to hand Putin a ready made example of the dangers of NATO expansion, this is it.

Did'nt any of those geniuses at the Pentagon bother to google the battle of Narva, where 100,000 Soviet soldiers gave their lives battling the Nazis?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Narva_(1944)

maybe the Russians should park one of their Borei ballistic missile sub off of New York harbour and see how the U.S. military likes that.
Old 02-25-15, 07:12 PM   #2569
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
maybe the Russians should park one of their Borei ballistic missile sub off of New York harbour and see how the U.S. military likes that.
They could lishen to their rock and roll mushic, while conducting misshile drillsch.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-15, 07:50 PM   #2570
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
There's a very big difference between a handful of Light Attack Vehicles and a sub capable of wiping out all life in the target country within minutes.

In fact i'd equal those Strykers a lot more with the Russian bombers they keep sending over. Actually not equal since the Strykers can't carry and deploy nukes like the bombers can.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-15, 12:55 AM   #2571
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
I have to agree with that point, it is a useless and stupid provocation parading U.S. army vehicles in Narva.

Narva is 135 KM or 84 miles from downtown St.Petersburg. If you ever want to hand Putin a ready made example of the dangers of NATO expansion, this is it.

Did'nt any of those geniuses at the Pentagon bother to google the battle of Narva, where 100,000 Soviet soldiers gave their lives battling the Nazis?

Actually I was thinking about the Peter the Great/wars with Sweden when Narva was mentioned. Incidentally that was the point in history when Russia was determined to be the Great Power of Eastern Europe and not Poland or Sweden.
Old 02-26-15, 01:43 AM   #2572
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

On topic:
http://www.vz.ru/news/2015/2/25/731438.html
this article here claims that separatists have at least 336 tube artillery pieces and 58 multiple rocket launchers (context - this article talks about artillery already moved the proper distance from contact line as per agreement and artillery to be moved soon).
Old 02-26-15, 01:46 AM   #2573
antikristuseke
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 3

Quote:

It was our independance day parade where our allies participated.
Also your vision of history seems to be terribly simplistic if all you can think of is nazis vs commies. You should take a cold hard look at what actually happened to the baltic states from just before the war, during and after.
antikristuseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-15, 01:54 AM   #2574
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikristuseke View Post
It was our independance day parade where our allies participated.
Also your vision of history seems to be terribly simplistic if all you can think of is nazis vs commies. You should take a cold hard look at what actually happened to the baltic states from just before the war, during and after.
You mean the times you were not allowed to remove Jews and serve in SS?

Ahh, I guess Soviets had plans (which were carried out via death camps) for physical elimination of local people, per General Plan West?

P.S. I personally don't having anything against parades in other countries as far as they don't glorify NAZI regime or related criminal organisations such as the SS. As I don't remember any such activities at this specific parade, I find it (by itself) more amusing than threatening (a good argument in geopolitical negotiations but still).
Old 02-26-15, 02:22 AM   #2575
antikristuseke
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 3

The jews were removed, Estonia was declared judenfrei, a real black spot on our history, during the german occupation. But of course that was not the only attrocity commited here during those years. Not that one justifies another in any way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_...s_from_Estonia

Also, this Nazi glorification thin is a red herring at best and malicious trolling at worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Displaced Persons Commission in September 1950 declared

The Baltic Waffen-SS Units (Baltic Legions) are to be considered as separate and distinct in purpose, ideology, activities, and qualifications for membership from the German SS, and therefore the Commission holds them not to be a movement hostile to the Government of the United States.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcome of Nuremberg Trials
Tribunal declares to be criminal within the meaning of the Charter the group composed of those persons who had been officially accepted as members of the SS as enumerated in the preceding paragraph who became or remained members of the organization with knowledge that it was being used for the commission of acts declared criminal by Article 6 of the Charter or who were personally implicated as members of the organization in the commission of such crimes, excluding, however, those who were drafted into membership by the State in such a way as to give them no choice in the matter, and who had committed no such crimes.
You might also want to look up who stood guard over the trials.
There are a few who gloryfy nazis here in estonia, we call them a-holes.
Most just want to remember veterans of the war, who accoridng to hteir own memoires held no nazi sympathies but wanted to fight their percived communist threat with the means they had available in the hope of restoning Estonian independance after the war, something which did not come about until the collapse of the Soviet union. But actually looking deeper than SS=nazi takes effort, cant expect people to make that.
antikristuseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-15, 02:41 AM   #2576
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

US policy in the 50s was a bit anti Soviet biased share we say, but Nuremberg materials are fine

If you condemn actions by the SS (such as active participation in various forms of genocide), if your veterans were drafted by force into the SS they shouldn't march in their uniforms, nor should you try to defend those veterans who attempt to justify their participation in that criminal organisation (as thus they become volonteers and thus they become acomplices in the crimes SS committed).

Otherwise (by the same measure) we would also have to call UPA-UNSO a fine little organisation, that was trying to build an Ukrainian nation-state.
Old 02-26-15, 06:21 PM   #2577
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Uploads: 20

Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-15, 07:14 PM   #2578
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Ok gents thanks again for reminding me why NATO still exists.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-15, 07:57 PM   #2579
soopaman2
Der Alte

One death a tragedy, one million is a statistic.

-Putin-

Americans are always biased in matters of fighting for independence, so pardon me.

-Winston Churchill-

The most fascinating man in the world.
soopaman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-15, 08:11 PM   #2580
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopaman2 View Post
One death a tragedy, one million is a statistic.

-Putin-

Americans are always biased in matters of fighting for independence, so pardon me.

Wasn't it Stalin who said those famous words ?

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
nato, putin, ukraina, ukraine, ukrajna