SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-15-10, 08:06 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Compulisve Tweakers Syndrome

Learning S3D and also made some changes via notepade when installing Sofu Gan for RSRD and changing torpedo renown for Mark 16, gotta say I believe I have been infected with CTS.S3D is a wonderful program.

How would I give US air dropped torpedos wakes as well as IJN torpedos.Noticed they are wakeless and should not be.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-10, 08:51 PM   #2
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

It's a Disorder, not a syndrome. I ought to know, i coined the term. I wasn't just a member, i was the CTD president!
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-10, 09:23 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
It's a Disorder, not a syndrome. I ought to know, i coined the term. I wasn't just a member, i was the CTD president!

lol nice, well I am def a member now.
Old 11-15-10, 09:50 PM   #4
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

I hope you weren't expecting to play SH4 then. Cause, if you really have picked up CTD, your days of playing are over.

In all the time SH4 has been in existence, i have just ONE "real" career game, with 4 patrols. Spotted by some "throw away" career games for testing purposes. I probably have the most time spent in single missions testing out individual tweaks.

Enjoy S3D, it really is a great program.
Old 11-16-10, 12:29 AM   #5
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8

Hehehe.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-10, 01:49 AM   #6
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
I hope you weren't expecting to play SH4 then. Cause, if you really have picked up CTD, your days of playing are over.

In all the time SH4 has been in existence, i have just ONE "real" career game, with 4 patrols. Spotted by some "throw away" career games for testing purposes. I probably have the most time spent in single missions testing out individual tweaks.

Enjoy S3D, it really is a great program.

Going to try and not let it get that bad but I have used the hour or so I could play tonight to "try" and adjust Mark 14 and 18 torpedo problems to reflect history a little more.Had the changes just right then it wouldnt let me save them(posted in mods thread).Time for bed here soon, more tweak tomorrow I suppose.

Duci, any ideas why the rank insignia for officers is all goofy in the beta patch? The Ensigns aboard are wearing LT bars where as my XO , the LT is wearing a butter bar.I would like to fix this. Immersion thing, kind of annoying.
Old 11-16-10, 04:49 AM   #7
WarlordATF
Frogman

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0

The bad thing is the more you figure out the less playtime you will actually have. I developed this disorder modding flightsims and it has carried over to almost every game i own. Now if i see something that i think is not right i can spend the entire night trying to track it down and fix it.

Case in point, I docked my sub and took a break. I reloaded MS Flight Simulator 2004 and have spend the past week recreating my hometown and surrounding areas. Some of it was easy, just download the mod and install. However then i made the mistake of going outside and comparing the real skyline with the one in FS, i had several major buildings to add that have been constructed since the author made the mod. Tweak,Tweak,Tweak, then play test and tweak some more.

I did the same thing with SH4, Download the mods, take em apart, figure out what i wanted to use and Tweak,Play Test,Tweak some more!

I swear this disorder is terminal! LOL!
Old 11-16-10, 04:39 PM   #8
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Going to try and not let it get that bad but I have used the hour or so I could play tonight to "try" and adjust Mark 14 and 18 torpedo problems to reflect history a little more
I eagerly await the moment you figure out how the game handles duds depending on which pistol your using. It'll confuse you for a little at first when you go to test against static targets. Once you figure it out, you'll probably think its retarded. I know i did.

Quote:
Duci, any ideas why the rank insignia for officers is all goofy in the beta patch?
Yeah, i know exactly why. D/L Winmerge and compare the crew3d.upc file from the beta patch to the the one in TMO 2.0. I forget the exact filename and path, but its something like
/data/UPCData/CrewData/Crew3d.upc

or something like that.Examine the files, Run the file comparison and examine the graphic files being referenced. Why, will become clear as day.

IMO, it would be best to remove all rank insignia from uniforms.

Quote:
The bad thing is the more you figure out the less playtime you will actually have.
Yup. The more the "magic" leaves the game too. By the time you finally get the game dialed into just how you want it, you probably won't want to play it anymore. At least i don't.
Old 11-16-10, 07:36 PM   #9
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
I eagerly await the moment you figure out how the game handles duds depending on which pistol your using. It'll confuse you for a little at first when you go to test against static targets. Once you figure it out, you'll probably think its retarded. I know i did.

Yeah, i know exactly why. D/L Winmerge and compare the crew3d.upc file from the beta patch to the the one in TMO 2.0. I forget the exact filename and path, but its something like

or something like that.Examine the files, Run the file comparison and examine the graphic files being referenced. Why, will become clear as day.

Yup. The more the "magic" leaves the game too. By the time you finally get the game dialed into just how you want it, you probably won't want to play it anymore. At least i don't.

Adjusting torpedos is not as easy as it appears? Looks pretty simple in S3D.All I am really changing is the dates, want duds to last until September 29, 1943 and prematures to end with deactivation of mag exploder on July 24 1943.I may make it wrhere mag is still around until 20 January 44 in case playing out of Fremantle.

Prob the pain for me so far is SH 4 uses metric system.I barely remember the metric system so its been a crash course lol.
Old 11-16-10, 08:52 PM   #10
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Adjusting torpedos is not as easy as it appears?
Yes and no.

It all depends on what pistol your using. As an experiment, set the dud rating on the magnetic pistol for the Mark fourteen to 100, and see how many dud's you actually get.
Old 11-16-10, 09:41 PM   #11
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:

Ill do that, would be cool if could get it to work, the insignia is an immersion thing.
Old 11-16-10, 10:10 PM   #12
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
the insignia is an immersion thing.
Yeah i know. It may not always show, but I do pay close attention to detail. Not much in TMO escapes my attention, i just don't talk about it much. If i do something about any given detail is a matter of priority level, time, or motivation level.
Old 11-17-10, 02:51 AM   #13
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

I officially apologize to you and all of your doctors!

I know I am glad I was able to finally stop at 0.9.9
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-10, 01:55 PM   #14
Fishie
Loader

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

I remember tweaking around with NSM vs the torpedoes and all the variables.

Mucho fun.

I remember messin with the impulse value (the value of how much force is applied to the victim of the torpedo explosion), and I accidentally thew a few extra 0's in there.

Test comprised of the Mogami torpedo practice- nailed him with a clean broadside hit.

It looked like somebody punted him right out of the water. He literally disappeared from view. I hit F11, then jumped to where he "was"- and that turned out to be at something like 25,000 feet. And falling.

So my little torpedo launched a huge cruiser into near earth orbit, and he came back down- right on top of my sub.

Splat.

Fishie, Commander SS-215
Fear the Growler!
Fishie is offline   Reply With Quote