SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-03-21, 12:58 PM   #1
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544
Uploads: 0

Hi again Niume, thanks a lot for the answer.

Okay, i got the message about explosions, I'll wait to see how they behave during missions.

Regarding the WP commands, they are present in the Commands.cfg file, the section that lists the WP commands. I remember they were useful in SH3, as a middle option between full manual targeting and automatic targeting (some sort of mild cheat when playing manual targeting, without activating the auto targeting). I also remember it had the respective buttons in the SH3 interface, but not 100% sure about that, as i haven't played SH3 in ages.

[Cmd344]
Name=WP_Solution_to_target
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F130003
Str=1074

[Cmd345]
Name=WP_Fire_torpedo
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F130004

[Cmd346]
Name=WP_Compute_solution
Ctxt=1
Str=1076

As for the sub damage model, do you think something can be done regarding the underwater collisions I mentioned earlier? Just indicate me the file to edit and i'll try to do it myself, don't want to bother you with this if you don't feel like it.

Thanks again, pal, and all the best
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 10:20 AM   #2
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Hi again Niume, thanks a lot for the answer.

Okay, i got the message about explosions, I'll wait to see how they behave during missions.

Regarding the WP commands, they are present in the Commands.cfg file, the section that lists the WP commands. I remember they were useful in SH3, as a middle option between full manual targeting and automatic targeting (some sort of mild cheat when playing manual targeting, without activating the auto targeting). I also remember it had the respective buttons in the SH3 interface, but not 100% sure about that, as i haven't played SH3 in ages.

[Cmd344]
Name=WP_Solution_to_target
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F130003
Str=1074

[Cmd345]
Name=WP_Fire_torpedo
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F130004

[Cmd346]
Name=WP_Compute_solution
Ctxt=1
Str=1076

As for the sub damage model, do you think something can be done regarding the underwater collisions I mentioned earlier? Just indicate me the file to edit and i'll try to do it myself, don't want to bother you with this if you don't feel like it.

Thanks again, pal, and all the best
I gave the mentioned commands hotkeys it doesn't work. Atleast from my testing the collision works fine.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 02:58 PM   #3
Niume
Sea Lord

If everything goes to according to plan patch 1.2 should be released this weekend or Monday.

Changelog
Reworked mission order flags
Reworked early war torpedo dud rates
More randomized ship routes
Bold decoys now appear earlier in the war, the twin flak gun will appear much later according to historical information 1942-10-01
Resupply ships and resupply uboats now are displayed on the map.
Changes to allied air bases
Snorkel smoke effect for non rwr snorkels(maybe in the future the RWR will be also included)
Improved blow ballast sound and crash dive
Wilhelmshaven port optimization
Tweaked airbases
Renamed VII to VIIA
bases in which flotillas are based in are showed in Campaign start screen

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Last edited by Niume; 11-18-21 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-25-21, 03:23 PM   #4
Niume
Sea Lord

The full game download link has been updated. It has all the latest patches.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 12-27-21, 04:55 PM   #5
marcospanik
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Default complete objective

Hello, I have similar problem that DEX had...I am in 7th Flotilla, Kiel, U-13 type IIB first patrol in aug/sept 1939...I am in operation area for few days and cannot complete the objective, I sunk one ship and I cannot sink more, because I spent all my torpedoes (2 were hits, 2 were duds, last one was miss or dud)...thank you for advice in forward.
marcospanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-21, 12:34 AM   #6
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15 Re: KSD II: Ace v1.2.1

Just dropped a download on the new version & have to say...

Mein Gott...

she is a beaut...

Just a few queries & I'll hope you'll not take them as criticisms... but, rather suggestions for just a bit of tweaking & improving the... experience.

For starters...

U boat diving, In SH3... when your sub begins its plunge beneath the water... is more... fluid &... natural feel & look.

Bow digs in deep & the stern is last to slip beneath/ It stays that way until it nears the ordered dive depth, where it dips a meter or so, deeper then levels & slowly on an even keel rises to level off at that depth.

If possible, see of some tweaking in that to do that... I would but have no idea where to even begin. Just a suggested improvement. Cam view (Interior, control room cam, that is... ), would also bene, from a bit of adjustment to follow the dive movement, as well.

Watched the whole dive while in the sub school: nav training... so wasn't able to observe doing a crash dive, but... probably wouldn't hurt to see if that, as well, couldn't be tweaked a bit, too.

Was used to the f9 taking 1, to the sonar/radio area on board the boat... but... when I tried that key out... instead of taking Me there, it slammed Me to being at the attack scope.

Any possible insight into, how to go about changing it to where you go to the sonar/radio instead...

Clicking on the area that led into the conning tower, used to take you into that area... yet won't now. As with the sonar/radio above... any insights into making it where you can again, there as well.

Did a new... intro (well, more of copy/dropping, really... ) the 1 from 1Alex's GWX mod set, a copy/drop of the back1 from GWX's das boot menu & the music master menu loop, into a jsgme ready folder & giving it a das boot feel with the menu. That jsgme ready mod folder, also includes the DBSM & fix set for SH4... with a few tweaks that I worked out, carefully combing through various sound mods & gene splicing til I was satisfied...

Still, have some others that I need to go through & see of if they are worth adding into the mix.

But, that parts for later on. Everything to do with the last, is for giving a "in depth, feel as though you're there" in Das Boot...

With the tweaks I did for the intro, back1 vid & master menu loop... loving the look & sound of it.

If any would like a more... in depth mapping of what I did for that part, will be glad to answer any questions on that aspect.

End query.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 12-28-21 at 04:19 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 10:31 AM   #7
Niume
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Just dropped a download on the new version & have to say...

Mein Gott...

she is a beaut...

Just a few queries & I'll hope you'll not take them as criticisms... but, rather suggestions for just a bit of tweaking & improving the... experience.

For starters...

U boat diving, In SH3... when your sub begins its plunge beneath the water... is more... fluid &... natural feel & look.

Bow digs in deep & the stern is last to slip beneath/ It stays that way until it nears the ordered dive depth, where it dips a meter or so, deeper then levels & slowly on an even keel rises to level off at that depth.

If possible, see of some tweaking in that to do that... I would but have no idea where to even begin. Just a suggested improvement. Cam view (Interior, control room cam, that is... ), would also bene, from a bit of adjustment to follow the dive movement, as well.

Watched the whole dive while in the sub school: nav training... so wasn't able to observe doing a crash dive, but... probably wouldn't hurt to see if that, as well, couldn't be tweaked a bit, too.

Was used to the f9 taking 1, to the sonar/radio area on board the boat... but... when I tried that key out... instead of taking Me there, it slammed Me to being at the attack scope.

Any possible insight into, how to go about changing it to where you go to the sonar/radio instead...

Clicking on the area that led into the conning tower, used to take you into that area... yet won't now. As with the sonar/radio above... any insights into making it where you can again, there as well.

Did a new... intro (well, more of copy/dropping, really... ) the 1 from 1Alex's GWX mod set, a copy/drop of the back1 from GWX's das boot menu & the music master menu loop, into a jsgme ready folder & giving it a das boot feel with the menu. That jsgme ready mod folder, also includes the DBSM & fix set for SH4... with a few tweaks that I worked out, carefully combing through various sound mods & gene splicing til I was satisfied...

Still, have some others that I need to go through & see of if they are worth adding into the mix.

But, that parts for later on. Everything to do with the last, is for giving a "in depth, feel as though you're there" in Das Boot...

With the tweaks I did for the intro, back1 vid & master menu loop... loving the look & sound of it.

If any would like a more... in depth mapping of what I did for that part, will be glad to answer any questions on that aspect.

End query.

M. M.
Thank you for your insights. Could you share your sound mod? Maybe I will integrate some of them.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 12-28-21, 04:02 AM   #8
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcospanik View Post
Hello, I have similar problem that DEX had...I am in 7th Flotilla, Kiel, U-13 type IIB first patrol in aug/sept 1939...I am in operation area for few days and cannot complete the objective, I sunk one ship and I cannot sink more, because I spent all my torpedoes (2 were hits, 2 were duds, last one was miss or dud)...thank you for advice in forward.

You can RTB, there should be no reprimands for not having passed the objective.
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-21, 05:34 AM   #9
marcospanik
Swabbie

Downloads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipersHunter View Post
You can RTB, there should be no reprimands for not having passed the objective.

thank you, will try that
marcospanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 07:42 AM   #10
Tinman
Swabbie

Downloads: 30
Support

Hello, Niume!
Just stumbled across this mod, downloaded and installed. I got into SH4 only recently so I'm a bit lost as to why the game would not start, at all. Tried some compatibility options but no success...
I'd be grateuful for any help and sorry if this has been asked before...
Regards, Jure
Old 02-08-22, 11:40 AM   #11
Niume
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Hello, Niume!
Just stumbled across this mod, downloaded and installed. I got into SH4 only recently so I'm a bit lost as to why the game would not start, at all. Tried some compatibility options but no success...
I'd be grateuful for any help and sorry if this has been asked before...
Regards, Jure
Hi, did you installed the mod into separate folder from your existing SH4 folder? The modpack doesn't need base game. It has everything included. So just point the installer where you want it to be for example

D:\KSDII_Ace_Edition

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Tags
ksd ii, u-boat