SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-16-09, 01:16 PM   #1
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1
Default America's Army online 3 - out...ahh soon...hopyfully

Been waiting for this. AAO 2.4 which i still play on a weekly basis was getting tiresome favourite maps Bridge crossing & Pipeline . AAO3 Should be out for dl today (17th June)... hopefully

We all get our ratings push back to zero - meaning no more some lvl 98 demanding the sniper rifle just cause he/she's higher lvl than you.

*Hey kiwi Hunter can i have sniper rifle please?

*Ahh no go away!

*Your a nub

*No your a nub!

*Ha! lvl 41 your the noob kiwi

*YOUR 98 & demanding the sniper rifle of me? - YOUR the nub!!!

*STFU! - "Captwhoop_ass has left the game"

*wat a noob!
- - - - - - - -

Seriously its not always like that. Great game great skills needed

Its free so what are ya waiting for!

http://www.mpogd.com/news/?ID=4575
Quote:
June 15, 2009America's Army 3 Ready for Release New Game Released via Deploy Client Exclusively on AOL’s Big Download.com

Westlake Village, CA - June 15, 2009 - Pragmatic Solutions announced today that the Army’s soon-to-be-released PC game America’s Army 3 (AA3) will be available exclusively on AOL’s Big Download.com, http://www.bigdownload.com a site offering fast and free PC game downloads and files. The Deploy Client was developed and powered by Pragmatic Solutions, an America’s Army Development partner. America’s Army 3 is the only action game that delivers an authentic and entertaining Army experience by reflecting the training, technology, actions and career advancement of a Soldier within an exciting free game experience. Beginning June 17, 2009 when the game is publicly released and running through June 21, 2009, users will be able to download the game via the Deploy Client exclusively on Big Download, and from Big Download and other partners listed on the America’s Army website thereafter.

Beginning June 11, 2009, America’s Army 3 players were able to pre-load the game from Big Download via the Deploy Client, which is a launching pad for America's Army, allowing you to connect to community forums and get direct access to support, information on the Army, or other content delivered dynamically to you.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

Last edited by kiwi_2005; 06-16-09 at 01:32 PM.
kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 10:53 PM   #2
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Steam downloaders...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/13140/

Old 06-17-09, 04:23 PM   #3
jumpy
Admiral

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

been watching this one for a while... but I must say... STUPID DEPLOY CLIENT!

SAW was my favourite tool for the job, especially on Interdiction, great bot blasting fun.
My old clan used to run the Boarder map which was always fun, especially with SF forceclass. Trouble was many of the good maps are lacking players... the usual map suspects being boarder, pipeline, bridge crossing and SF hospital attracted lots of players, but get awfully dull after a while. Also you don't stand a chance when people are using Teamspeak and you're not

when you’ve been so long in the desert, any water, no matter how brackish, looks like life

jumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-09, 09:06 PM   #4
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

One day after release, AA3 was so badly screwed up that the US Army has closed the development studio, fired most of the staff and taken full development to Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama.

There is a rumor that the person in charge of the Authentication Servers has been sent to Guantanamo.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/48...-Studio-Closed
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...y-After-Launch
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-09, 11:19 PM   #5
Zachstar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 13

Absolutely HORRID!

Seriously I cant even rate it because of hard easily it crashes. And if if it diddn't apparently it is hard as nails to get into multiplayer.

Zachstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 01:18 AM   #6
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

Oh it ran fine and never crashed on my PC, it was just net code issues. Lack of Auth server causing this:

Most amusing to fail at 100%

Getting rid of almost the whole dev team and closing the studio on Day 1 seems a bit harsh, but I guess with most games it is about $ which can be made up for the company, AA is all about PR and image, guess the people who paid for the PR didn't like the image.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 02:15 PM   #7
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Yeah i agree. I kept ctd, some maps wouldn't even log me in I see on AA website they have taken note and getting a patch out I read this the day after the DL was available don't know if the patch is out and working cause ive gone back to AAO 2 going to leave AAO3 till its properly fixed!

@ Jumpy don't use the deploy client its total crap for me too DL was running at 22kbps, on AA website you can choose another dL option it directed me to a server where DL speeds were spot on.

Old 06-22-09, 02:30 PM   #8
Zachstar
Sea Lord

Still absolutely horrid. I still cant run training so nogo for me.

Old 06-22-09, 03:06 PM   #9
Rilder
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

My processor is too crappy to play it.
Old 06-26-09, 09:10 PM   #10
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Hah! I just found out that this guy who plays in certain map in AAO2 i always play on and is really good i mean REALLY good I knew he wasn't using some aimbot or anything like that i would watch how he plays and I could see no reason to accuse him of cheating he was just a good player - until now that is. This guy who plays as a chick, female name but is acutally a dude you know what i mean heaps of players do it cuase theirs certain players in shooters who will go all weak at the knees if they know your a woman player and tell them their whole life story . He got to befriend this pro shooter where he told him cause hes the admin of the server what he does is turn on RADAR!!! hence he can see all enemy players.

Beware next time if you join an aussie server - Bridge Crossing map if you play on this map your know who im talking about.

Old 06-27-09, 11:17 AM   #11
jumpy
Admiral

Downloads: 22

Finally got this DL.
It's a bit clunky, ain't it?

Can't link to my old AA2 account, despite doing it on install. Retrained on weapons etc, it seems to have remembered my old medic training/mout(?) etc

Why is my SAW missing its bipod?! I like the m203 sights, much better, but I can see the coming frag fest with those
Not played online yet; gonna be different, that's for sure.

opinion - Comme ci, comme ça.

when you’ve been so long in the desert, any water, no matter how brackish, looks like life

jumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-09, 02:16 PM   #12
ajrimmer42
Royal Kinotropist

Downloads: 18

just downloaded it and, um, yeah it's buggy as *******. Shame cos it seems like it could be better than the last. Fingers crossed they patch it up soon...

Don't judge a ship by the number of it's guns, but by the skill of it's crew.
ajrimmer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-09, 09:28 PM   #13
Zachstar
Sea Lord

Another patch and what do you know it actually makes one image closer before it crashes!

What a POS! I can hardly believe they screwed up THIS bad.

Old 06-28-09, 06:32 PM   #14
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

yeah i haven't even bothered with AAO3 now, its a complete mess crikey they could of at least put it out in a playable form.

Old 06-28-09, 09:02 PM   #15
stabiz
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 14

I think this is strange. This is not a publisher that needs money NOW, and thus release some crappy 0.1 version to keep the wolfs from the door, its the freekin US Army! This is basically supposed to be a way to advertise life in the most high tech army in the world, and they cant get a game right. No wonder they fired the dev team, its a PR Hiroshima. But what about beta testers?

Strange indeed.