Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-22, 06:05 PM   #6886
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

I've got an idea and it isn't exactly a new one-Russia have used this before.

Heard in a yt clip the reason why Ukraine seek membership in Nato is they want protection.

This is also understandable.

When I heard this I came up with this idea and I remembered Russia has used it too.

Nato has said no boots on the ground-Why not send them anyway-but unofficially-Without their country emblem.

Should some of them be caught-They are there as volunteers to fight the Russian among their Ukrainian friends.

Russia used this tactic in East Ukraine-Luhansk and Donbas area from 2015 and up.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 10-01-22, 01:21 AM   #6887
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
i'm sure it is but personally i would let Ukraine finish the fight and make no offers as long has a ruskie is in their countryi'm sure putin will go right back at them so why give them time to rebuild Afterall you don't kill a rattlesnake by chopping off the tail you do it by chopping the head off
So think I, but many people over here are incredibly concerned about Russia loosing "too harshly" this war. Also, many want to continue business with Russia after this is over. We still buy Russian oil via India - at higher costs. Gas is not sanctioned at all.
Old 10-01-22, 02:36 AM   #6888
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

President Joe Biden has warned Russia that the United States will not be intimidated by reckless threats after Vladimir Putin declared the annexation of four occupied regions of Ukraine.

On Friday, President Putin appeared to make a veiled threat to use nuclear weapons to defend those regions.

He said they would "forever" be Russian - but Ukraine vowed to liberate them.

Nato chief Jens Stoltenberg said the Russian move was "the most serious escalation since the start of the war".

In a speech in Moscow, the Russian leader claimed citizens in Ukraine's eastern Donetsk and Luhansk regions, as well as in Kherson and Zaporizhzhia in the south had voted to be "with their people, their motherland".

He was referring to so-called referendums held in the regions in recent days, but Ukraine and Western governments have condemned the votes as a sham.

Much of Mr Putin's speech was used to rail at the West.

He said the US had created a "precedent" by using nuclear weapons against Japan at the end of World War Two, in an apparent threat.

Mr Putin last week said his country had "various weapons of destruction" and would "use all the means available to us", adding: "I'm not bluffing."

The Kremlin has made clear that any attack on the regions claimed by Russia would be seen as an attack on Russian soil, signalling an escalation in the war.

Russia does not fully control any of the four regions, and in his speech Mr Putin did not clear define the borders.

President Biden called out his Russian counterpart's "reckless words and threats", but added that Mr Putin was "not going to scare us".

"America and its allies are not going to be intimidated," President Biden said at the White House.

He then addressed the Russian president directly, pointing his finger into the camera.

"America's fully prepared, with our Nato allies, to defend every single inch of Nato territory," he said, in reference to the Western security bloc.

"Mr Putin, don't misunderstand what I'm saying: every inch."

Shortly after, Mr Biden's top national security official said while there was a chance of Moscow resorting to nuclear weapons, there did not appear to be an imminent threat.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63098651

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 10-01-22, 02:38 AM   #6889
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-01-22, 02:41 AM   #6890
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-01-22, 02:49 AM   #6891
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Total combat losses of Russia since beginning of war - about 59,610 people, 264 planes, 226 helicopters, 2,354 tanks, 1,397 artillery systems, 4,949 armored vehicles

The Russian occupiers, who invaded the territory of Ukraine, continue to suffer losses. As of the morning of October 1, the loss of enemy personnel are approximately 59,610.

As reported by Censor.NET, this was reported by the press center of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

As noted, the total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 01.10 are approximately:

personnel - about 59,610 (+530) people were liquidated
tanks ‒ 2354 (+16) units,
armored fighting vehicles ‒ 4949 (+17) units,
artillery systems - 1397 (+6) units,
MLRS – 336 (+3) units,
air defense equipment ‒ 176 (+0) units,
aircraft – 264 (+0) units,
helicopters – 226 (+1) units,
UAVs of the operational-tactical level - 1009 (+6),
cruise missiles ‒ 246 (+0),
ships/boats ‒ 15 (+0) units,
automotive equipment and tank trucks – 3786 (+18) units,
special equipment ‒ 131 (+0). Source: https://censor.net/en/n3370821

Old 10-01-22, 02:51 AM   #6892
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

More than 5,000 Russian soldiers ended up in "Lyman Cauldron", - Haidai

The AFU blocked almost all the ways of leaving and transporting ammunition to Russians.

Serhii Haidai, the head of the Luhansk RMA, writes about this on Telegram, Censor.NET reports.

"The Russian military, based in Lyman, appealed to their leadership with a request to leave but were refused. They are surrounded by more than 5,000 Russian militaries," he wrote.

Haidai noted that they have no way to leave or get ammunition.

"They will try to break through or surrender," the head of the RMA assumes.

As reported, in the Donetsk region, Ukrainian troops have been encircling the city of Lyman, which was captured by Russia in May, and is located east of the Siversky Donets river. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3370832

Old 10-01-22, 07:38 AM   #6893
Skybird
Soaring

Rumours turn into reports that the Russians decided to give up Lyman. The attempted withdrawing should have already started. I think they can withdraw only under fire - and whether the attempt translates into a success is open.

The Ukrainians will press the best way they can to take the Russians all prisoners or kill them so that any way they cannot be used on other parts of the front. Plenty of equiment to be gained also.

Several military analysts say if Lyman falls, the whole Russian front in that region sooner or later will collapse.

The rain season is about to begin, making Ukrainian access to tracked vehicles even more important. Send tanks and tracked IFVs NOW! Wheeled technicals and pickups and rovers will get bogged down in the mud. Both rain and availability of tracked transport will decide on whether and for how long the Ukrainian offensive can be pressed on.

I think after yesterday we - Western nations, including of course the US and Germany - should also remove all limits from weapon deliveries, regarding range, type, callibre and so forth. Also, the Ukraine should immediately get the weapons needed to reach and strike the Kerch bridge NOW. The US probably even already mulls this. Germany however will stand with both feet on the brake and just days ago it was reported again that the Spanish plan to deliver German-made tanks, was once again vetoed by Bubble Olaf.

The Russians fight on the best way they can: another massacre on fleeing civilians is reported. Russians really excel in massacring civilians, its their military key competence.

Poland has signed a very extensive defnce contract for tanks, fighterplanes, weaponry, and more. Not one item with Germany, all from South Korea instead. And this while Rheinmetall had just introduced its completely new KF-51 Panter MBT - the Leopard-2-killer, so to speak - a few weeks ago! I could imagine that others will boycott Germany as well in the future.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-01-22 at 09:13 AM.
Skybird is online  
Old 10-01-22, 09:23 AM   #6894
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I've got an idea and it isn't exactly a new one-Russia have used this before.

Heard in a yt clip the reason why Ukraine seek membership in Nato is they want protection.

This is also understandable.

When I heard this I came up with this idea and I remembered Russia has used it too.

Nato has said no boots on the ground-Why not send them anyway-but unofficially-Without their country emblem.

Should some of them be caught-They are there as volunteers to fight the Russian among their Ukrainian friends.

Russia used this tactic in East Ukraine-Luhansk and Donbas area from 2015 and up.

Markus
Zelensky about applying for NATO membership:
"We are de facto allies already," he said. "De facto, we have already proven compatibility with Alliance standards." "Ukraine is applying to confirm it de jure," Zelensky said, "by an expedited procedure." https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/...51538886852609

Think this is true, Ukraine already has the military budget received in 9 months that Russia spent in a year. NATO member states assist Ukraine to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area. The whole NATO not NATO is politics, politicians are afraid by nature for their own job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 10-01-22, 09:46 AM   #6895
Dargo
Admiral

Russian source on situation of Ukrainian advances "Now the front is moving closer to Kremennaya, the enemy is entering the highway to Svatovo and is trying to capture Kremennaya." https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/...51538886852609

This is bigger than only Lyman could see another collapse of the front like in Kharkiv oblast 3 weeks ago.

Russia says its troops quit key eastern town Lyman: Russia's defence ministry says it has withdrawn Russian troops from the strategic town of Lyman in eastern Ukraine. "Because of the threat of encirclement, the allied troops have been withdrawn from Krasnyi Lyman to better positions," it says, quoted by Russian state news agencies. Krasnyi (Red) Lyman was the old Soviet name for Lyman, which Ukrainian forces say they have entered. Russia calls its troops "allied" with local Moscow-backed fighters. https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-...ost_type=share

Ramzan Kadyrov blamed Colonel General Oleksandr Lapin, who commanded the defense of this section of the front, for the loss of Lyman. The head of Chechnya claims that the colonel-general "posted mobilized fighters from the "LPR" and other units at all the frontiers of the Lyman direction, but did not provide them with the necessary communication, interaction and transportation of ammunition." Kadyrov also accused Lapin of moving his headquarters to Starobilsk, "a hundred kilometers from his subordinates" - and of the fact that the military leader himself was "sitting in Luhansk." https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/st...13027862761472

Kadirov complaining from the safety of his bunker

Quote:

Last edited by Dargo; 10-01-22 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-01-22, 09:48 AM   #6896
Skybird
Soaring

Ukraine would be a heavyweight if joining NATO, or the EU, for that matter. Big population. Big size. Both matter especially within powerstructures of the EU. In NATO, it would be the most war-experienced military of all. Even the US military has not seen this ammount of most intense combat.

Some nations will not be happy to have this huge player in the team. It would come at the cvost of their opwn influenc ein the alliance. France. Germany. Italy. Turkey.

And then there is Bulgaria, Hungary.

At the beginning of the war I was against NATO membership. Since yesterday at the latest, I am for it, for various reasons, not all having to do with the Ukraine'S interests directly, but more with Russia, and hesitent actors inside NATO.
Old 10-01-22, 09:54 AM   #6897
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 360

^ I think you may be looking at things the wrong way, Sky. If you have a " player " on your team with recent combat experience and understands the Russian Military as they do, they would be a huge asset and one other NATO members could learn from. It's not a competition.

You also forget that the U.S military has it's own recent combat experience although it's impossible to argue with the skill and determination that the Ukrainian forces have shown.
Old 10-01-22, 09:58 AM   #6898
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Rumours turn into reports that the Russians decided to give up Lyman. The attempted withdrawing should have already started. I think they can withdraw only under fire - and whether the attempt translates into a success is open.

The Ukrainians will press the best way they can to take the Russians all prisoners or kill them so that any way they cannot be used on other parts of the front. Plenty of equiment to be gained also.

Several military analysts say if Lyman falls, the whole Russian front in that region sooner or later will collapse.

The rain season is about to begin, making Ukrainian access to tracked vehicles even more important. Send tanks and tracked IFVs NOW! Wheeled technicals and pickups and rovers will get bogged down in the mud. Both rain and availability of tracked transport will decide on whether and for how long the Ukrainian offensive can be pressed on.

I think after yesterday we - Western nations, including of course the US and Germany - should also remove all limits from weapon deliveries, regarding range, type, callibre and so forth. Also, the Ukraine should immediately get the weapons needed to reach and strike the Kerch bridge NOW. The US probably even already mulls this. Germany however will stand with both feet on the brake and just days ago it was reported again that the Spanish plan to deliver German-made tanks, was once again vetoed by Bubble Olaf.

The Russians fight on the best way they can: another massacre on fleeing civilians is reported. Russians really excel in massacring civilians, its their military key competence.

Poland has signed a very extensive defnce contract for tanks, fighterplanes, weaponry, and more. Not one item with Germany, all from South Korea instead. And this while Rheinmetall had just introduced its completely new KF-51 Panter MBT - the Leopard-2-killer, so to speak - a few weeks ago! I could imagine that others will boycott Germany as well in the future.
i read somewhere that the US might be sending some old m1s over there the Marines just retired a bunch
Old 10-01-22, 10:04 AM   #6899
Dargo
Admiral

Default The turning points in Russia’s invasion of Ukraine

Seven months into the invasion, Russia controls less land than it did in the initial days of the war. See how the advances stalled. The Ukrainian military’s sudden and successful counter-attack in the Kharkiv region this month has left Russian forces controlling less Ukrainian land than they did after their first thrust into the country in February, 2022, according to a CNN analysis of exclusive data from the Institute for the Study of War (ISW).

Russia’s first massive push, which began on the night of February 23, allowed it to secure or advance on one fifth of Ukrainian territory, or about 119,000 square kilometers (46,000 square miles) of the total 603,500 square kilometers Ukraine claims and considers “temporarily occupied,” the analysis shows.

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/...aine-shift-dg/

Quote:
Old 10-01-22, 10:06 AM   #6900
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
i read somewhere that the US might be sending some old m1s over there the Marines just retired a bunch
Some in the Pentagon said tanks are discussed so on the table to be sent to Ukraine weeks ago.

Quote:
Closed Thread