Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-22, 09:06 AM   #6796
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

EU privately calls on Kyiv to move away from "single news" format on television, - German Ambassador Feldhusen

German Ambassador Anka Feldhusen said that the EU is privately calling on Kyiv to move away from the "single marathon" format on television and give viewers a choice.

As Censor.NET informs, she said this in an interview with "European Truth".

She was asked what Berlin's position is regarding those steps that are criticized in Ukraine as anti-democratic, in particular, disconnection from the broadcasts of three TV channels.

"Maybe not publicly, but we talk about these things with the Ukrainian government all the time. We have a common goal: for Ukraine to remain democratic even during the war," answered Anka Feldgusen.

According to her, the EU understands that information warfare is a component of modern wars, and its partners understand why Ukraine banned pro-Russian channels, but since they were not the only ones affected by the restrictions, Kyiv has been repeatedly urged to move to a more open information space.

When asked whether it was a departure from the "single marathon", the ambassador said that this could be one of the examples of what should be done.

"People should have alternative sources of information. It seems to me that all your political forces are now patriotic. Everyone wants Ukraine to win. Maybe there are different views, but still everyone is a patriot. And people should be given the opportunity to choose what they want to watch," said Anka Feldgusen. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3370208

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-22, 09:11 AM   #6797
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

All threads of "Nord Streams" may fail forever, - Tagesspiegel

The intelligence services of Germany fear that all threads of "Nordic Stream" and "Nordic Stream - 2" will forever remain unusable.

As Censor.NET reports, Tagesspiegel writes about this with reference to government sources and German security services.

The publication notes that if they are not repaired quickly, a large amount of salt water will enter the pipelines and corrode them.

As a reminder, on September 26, the operating company Nord Stream announced that the throughput in both strands of the Nord Stream gas pipeline dropped to zero due to a sharp drop in pressure. They explained it as a hole in the pipe and noted that they do not know how long it will take to restore the gas pipelines.

Read more: Scholz is ready to open Germany to Source: https://censor.net/en/n3370199

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-22, 09:16 AM   #6798
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Fact or fiction?

Ukraine will receive air defense system that even Bundeswehr does not have, - Ambassador Feldhusen

The IRIS-T air defense systems are produced specifically for Ukraine and are not in service with the German army.

According to Censor.NЕТ, German Ambassador to Ukraine Anka Feldhusen said this in an interview with "European Truth".

"The Bundeswehr doesn't have them. I don't know if this is the right answer, but we are inside NATO and the air defense is like around us. When I was in Poland, I saw all these Patriot and others, in Germany I never saw them," Feldhusen said.

She said the first system will probably be delivered as early as October, the second by the end of the year, and two more as early as next year.

"They're being produced now and I really hope the second one will be by the end of the year and the rest next year. It doesn't depend on political will, the decision is clearly made there. These are the newest systems, but the supply chain for production is complicated," the ambassador explained.

The IRIS-T SLM system has a range of 40 kilometers and an altitude of up to 20 kilometers. With the help of IRIS-T SLM, it is possible to shoot down combat aircraft, helicopters, cruise missiles, jet artillery, drones, anti-radar missiles. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3370027

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-22, 09:27 AM   #6799
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-22, 09:28 AM   #6800
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

^ Further, another anti aircraft system is being added to the Ukrainian inventory.

Quote : The Pentagon will deliver the first two advanced NASAMS anti-aircraft systems to Ukraine in the next two months, providing Kyiv with a weapon that it has pressed for since earlier this year.

Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder told Pentagon reporters on Tuesday that six more of the Norwegian-developed weapons will be delivered in the future, as much as a year or two from now. Recent reports that some of the U.S.-provided NASAMS were already in Ukraine were not correct.
The NASAMS will provide medium- to long-range defense against Russian missile attacks.

Their impending delivery comes as Russia tries to rebound from recent combat losses and politically solidify gains by holding referendums in four occupied regions in the south and east.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/advanced-...211515529.html
Old 09-28-22, 09:54 AM   #6801
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-22, 10:25 AM   #6802
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Fact or fiction?

Ukraine will receive air defense system that even Bundeswehr does not have, - Ambassador Feldhusen

The IRIS-T air defense systems are produced specifically for Ukraine and are not in service with the German army.

According to Censor.NЕТ, German Ambassador to Ukraine Anka Feldhusen said this in an interview with "European Truth".

"The Bundeswehr doesn't have them. I don't know if this is the right answer, but we are inside NATO and the air defense is like around us. When I was in Poland, I saw all these Patriot and others, in Germany I never saw them," Feldhusen said.

She said the first system will probably be delivered as early as October, the second by the end of the year, and two more as early as next year.

"They're being produced now and I really hope the second one will be by the end of the year and the rest next year. It doesn't depend on political will, the decision is clearly made there. These are the newest systems, but the supply chain for production is complicated," the ambassador explained.

The IRIS-T SLM system has a range of 40 kilometers and an altitude of up to 20 kilometers. With the help of IRIS-T SLM, it is possible to shoot down combat aircraft, helicopters, cruise missiles, jet artillery, drones, anti-radar missiles. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3370027
Truth.

The system is not yet produced for the Bundeswehr, but one such system was promised to the Ukraine some months ago - for delivery not before late Decembre.
Old 09-28-22, 10:29 AM   #6803
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Truth.

The system is not yet produced for the Bundeswehr, but one such system was promised to the Ukraine some months ago - for delivery not before late Decembre.
The word IRIS T. Made me remember this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRIS-T

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 09-28-22, 10:34 AM   #6804
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
All threads of "Nord Streams" may fail forever, - Tagesspiegel

The intelligence services of Germany fear that all threads of "Nordic Stream" and "Nordic Stream - 2" will forever remain unusable.

As Censor.NET reports, Tagesspiegel writes about this with reference to government sources and German security services.

The publication notes that if they are not repaired quickly, a large amount of salt water will enter the pipelines and corrode them.

As a reminder, on September 26, the operating company Nord Stream announced that the throughput in both strands of the Nord Stream gas pipeline dropped to zero due to a sharp drop in pressure. They explained it as a hole in the pipe and noted that they do not know how long it will take to restore the gas pipelines.

Read more: Scholz is ready to open Germany to Source: https://censor.net/en/n3370199
Nord Stream 1 and 2 consist of two pipelines each. Three of them were hit, but one of Nord Stream 2's two pipelines is probably intact. The chance that all four pipelines would ever be used at the same time again was virtually nil before the explosion. Coming winter, Europe is likely to have enough gas even without Nord Stream, but unclear for the winter of 2023/2024. With the line remaining, Russia may try to renegotiate next year there is also the Yamal–Europe pipeline and Ukraine is full of pipelines Russia still thinking they can win this can then use these Nord Stream 1&2 are not needed to supply Europe with natural gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 09-28-22, 10:41 AM   #6805
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The Times refers to British defence sources when saying that evidence is mounting that Russia planned for the destruction of Nordstream 1 and 2 several weeks ahead by dropping a drone and explosives into the sea already back then. Russia attacked the pipeline at a locaitoin where the pipelines is in especially deep water (for baltic conditions) and thus is much harder to be reached and repaired.

I have the feeling that any ideas of repairing it are illusory.

Dear war, welcome to the Baltic. Dear Germany, stop sticking your head into the sand.
Old 09-28-22, 10:45 AM   #6806
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Truth.

Fair enough but I'll believe it when they arrive

Quote:
The Times refers to British defence sources when saying that evidence is mounting that Russia planned for the destruction of Nordstream 1 and 2 several weeks ahead by dropping explosives into the sea already back then.
The Baltic is going to see a level of NATO member naval ships never seen before.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-22, 10:48 AM   #6807
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Default Russian reservists sent to front without training and medicine

Moscow is in such a hurry with the mobilization declared last week that some called-up reservists without training are being sent straight to the front. Others are told to just bring their own supplies, such as medicine. Video footage circulating on independent Russian sites illustrates the chaotic course of the mobilization. At one assembly point, called-up reservists were told by an officer to arrange their own sleeping bags. 'You get a uniform and armor, nothing else,' the officer said. 'You have to bring your own stuff.' There also appears to be no medicine for diarrhea or pressure bandages (to stem bleeding) available. 'Just ask your wife or mother for pads and tampons,' is the advice. 'Do you know what to use a tampon for? Pushing it in when you have a gunshot wound, it swells up and stops the bleeding. I've known that since (the war in) Chechnya,' says the officer.

In another video, a called-up reservist says they have been told they will be sent to the front immediately. "No training, no shooting practice, no theory, nothing!" he observes with exasperation. A woman from Lipetsk told the news site Nastoyashche Vremya that her husband received a call at five in the morning last Thursday. At 7 a.m. he reported to the recruiting office, by 10:30 a.m. he was already on a bus to the border area, and on Sunday he was sent on to the front in the Donbas. The first brand-new reservists had reportedly already been taken prisoner of war by the Ukrainians. A Ukrainian site showed images of a 45-year-old man from Moscow sent to the front near Kupyansk, where he immediately fell into the hands of the Ukrainians.

The situation is reminiscent of the beginning of the war in Chechnya in the 1990s, when Moscow also sent barely trained soldiers to the front. Young Russian prisoners of war told that they had been in service for only a few weeks and had fired only a handful of bullets before being sent into the hell of Grozny. There, the first Russian troops, totally unprepared for urban warfare, were immediately pummeled. To prevent demoralized Russian reservists from heeding Ukrainian calls to lay down arms and surrender immediately, the Russian parliament last week introduced harsh penalties. Those who surrender without necessity could face 15 years in a penal camp. Refusal to serve is punishable by 10 years.

Still, military experts question whether Russia will succeed in filling the gaps left on the front lines by the heavy losses troops have suffered recently in Ukraine. 'You can't fight with flesh against iron,' says a Ukrainian military expert, who puts his faith in the Western weapons the Ukrainian army has received. According to independent Russian media, the Kremlin wants to call up more than 600 thousand troops over the next three months, on top of the first round of about 300 thousand reservists, but that seems unfeasible given the lack of equipment and widespread protests against mobilization.

Translated from https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-ach...ront~bec1dcfc/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 09-28-22, 10:50 AM   #6808
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

THIS JUST IN: All American citizens are being urged to leave Russia ASAP by limited air or land routes and not to rely on ambassadorial assistance. In Vladivostok, a Japanese ambassador was blindfolded and interrogated for allegedly buying classufied information on the effects of the war on eastern provinces of Russia. He has been declared 'persona non grata' and given 48 hours to leave the country...WWIII is well underway no imho about it.... I wonder when the 'Merican embassy will be closed-indicating WWIII is past "well under way."

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online  
Old 09-28-22, 10:52 AM   #6809
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-22, 10:55 AM   #6810
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Scholz held telephone conversation with Zelensky: Germany will never recognize "referendums" in occupied territories

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz had a conversation with President Volodymyr Zelensky.

As reported by Censor.NET with reference to Tagesschau, this was reported by the representative of the German government Stefan Gebestreit.

Scholz exchanged views with Zelensky on the military, political and economic situation in Ukraine, as well as on the possibilities of further support, including reconstruction.

The chancellor emphasized that Germany does not stop providing specific political, financial, and humanitarian support to Ukraine in the defense of its sovereignty and territorial integrity, including the supply of weapons.

Regarding the situation in the Russian-occupied Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia regions, the chancellor emphasized that Germany will never recognize the "results" of pseudo-referendums. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3370237

Jimbuna is online  
Closed Thread