Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
So, still not sure.
Nor am I, I argued in likelihoods here:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=6745

The Russians are my main suspect, followed by the US and Ukraine, Poland, Germany, in order of falling likelihoods. I give it a rating of Russia 90%, USA 5%, Poland 2%, Germany 1%, and the remaining 2% for any other cause or actor.
Old 09-28-22, 06:34 AM   #6782
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 09-28-22, 06:45 AM   #6783
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 09-28-22, 07:34 AM   #6784
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 09-28-22, 07:34 AM   #6785
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Scholz on threat of nuclear attack: I want to clearly say to Russia - leave this idea behind!

Russia should not even think about using nuclear weapons against Ukraine.

This was stated by German Chancellor Olaf Scholz to the newspaper Neue Osnabrucker Zeitung, Censor.NET reports.

The Chancellor of Germany noted that no one can know for sure whether Vladimir Putin will use nuclear weapons.

"Who knows? However, like US President Joe Biden, I want to tell Russia clearly: leave this idea behind!" - he said.

The chancellor called the mobilization in Russia "an act of desperation and a somewhat panicked reaction to the failures of the Russian armed forces."

"Putin is making mistakes after mistakes. He could immediately end this war by withdrawing his troops and then start negotiations with Kyiv," Scholz said. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3370163

Old 09-28-22, 07:35 AM   #6786
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Scholz on refusal to supply tanks to Ukraine: "We never do anything alone"

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz, commenting on Germany’s refusal to supply Ukraine with Leopard battle tanks, said that he considers it "absolutely wise never to do anything alone."

He said this in an interview with The New York Times, Censor.NET reports with reference to LigaBusinessInform.

On September 13, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, Dmytro Kuleba, wrote on Twitter: "No rational argument why these weapons cannot be provided, only abstract fears and excuses. What is Berlin afraid of, and Kyiv is not?"

According to the NYT, Scholz "got angry" in response to this question.

"Leadership isn't about doing what you're asked to do. Leadership is about making the right decisions and being very strong. And that's what I'm doing. We're working together and doing that with our allies, and we've never we don't do anything alone," said the German chancellor.

He added that this is how allies respond "to a very dangerous war" and "it is absolutely wise never to do anything alone."

Also in the interview, Scholz rejected any suggestion that the US might welcome Germany's increased action and take the initiative to send battle tanks, which are difficult to transport, especially across the ocean. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3369723

Old 09-28-22, 07:40 AM   #6787
Skybird
Soaring

Someone please open the window, some lukewarm German fart is passing through the room again.
Old 09-28-22, 07:47 AM   #6788
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The bid on who's behind the sabotage is widely.

Most of them say it's Biden and they base their standpoint on what Biden should have said about these gas line some 7 month ago or so.

Then there is those who think the Danish government is behind-This should be to stay in power and postpone the Danish election which is very near. Next year.

Then there's of course those who, like me-Says it's a false flag operation.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 09-28-22, 07:52 AM   #6789
Skybird
Soaring

Washington calls on all American citizens to leave Russia immediately.

Merkel mused, on the occasion of a speech for the opening of Something, about how to rebuild relations with Russia.

Germany and America do not seem to be parts of the same planet.
Old 09-28-22, 08:05 AM   #6790
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

^ most likely Germany's proximity to Russia accounting for the difference in attitude.
Old 09-28-22, 08:12 AM   #6791
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
^ most likely Germany's proximity to Russia accounting for the difference in attitude.
And the Polish and Baltic people, are they not even closer and more exposed to Russia than Germany, and are confronted with Russian claims for their territory, and are in bigger danger of gettign struck first?
Old 09-28-22, 08:17 AM   #6792
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
And the Polish and Baltic people, are they not closer to Russia than Germany?

They are indeed as is Finland and Sweden but still part of the same " neighborhood." Other than Finland, Germany has a vast history with Russia having taken up arms against each other in various wars. Other countries that were part of the Soviet satellite system or vassals during the cold war have their own history as well.
Old 09-28-22, 08:20 AM   #6793
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Washington calls on all American citizens to leave Russia immediately.
Made a search to find more information on this subject.

Quote:
In a security alert published on its website, the US mission said Moscow may call people having dual Russian-US citizenship for military service.
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/russia-ukra...ountry/2696901

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 09-28-22, 08:36 AM   #6794
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

A plausible scenario:

Russia is under heavy pressure in Donbas and Luhansk areas. Putin sees no other way than use nuke-He gives the order to throw a little nuke bomb between Kramatorsk and Kharkiv.

USA who has said this would be crossing a red line-Will retaliate and send a Hiroshima bomb size nuke to an area near the Ural mountain Where there's not so many people living.

Putin sees this as an..............

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 09-28-22, 08:54 AM   #6795
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
They are indeed as is Finland and Sweden but still part of the same " neighborhood." Other than Finland, Germany has a vast history with Russia having taken up arms against each other in various wars. Other countries that were part of the Soviet satellite system or vassals during the cold war have their own history as well.
I know that, still Germans always "outclassed" the others in their desire to transfigure Russia. They alrerady did that durign the Bolshewist revolution and during the starvation haunting Russia at that time. Quite some auhtor and artist of German descent travelled Russia through those murderish troubling times, was confused by the mass dying he saw, ands still reported back home how great and wiodnerful Russia was, and oh the land, and oh the depth of the Russian soul, and how nature-connected. I often called the Ger,man hystericla romanticissts, since years I call them that and it is no offence, but a factual deception. Where Anglosaxon tradiiton "cold-heartedly" thinks and focus on ratio and realism, German tradition is to wallow in feeling the nature, feeling the devine, feeling this and feelign that and wallowing in sentimentalities of all kinds, until today (energy policy). Beuaiful arts and prose and painting sand music come form this. The darkest horrors and cold-hearted terrors also come form this. German sentimentality is merciless, and enforces its way with cruel determination to enforce its wellmeaningness on others. Its a deep-rooting receptivity for totalitarianism, disguised as collective solidarity - but this solidarity does not tolerate rejection and dissenters. The beginning of this self-deformation probably were the Prussian social order. I do not think Germans/y will ever be cured from this without eradicating "Germaness" from the history books. I also think the only thing the world can and should do is to indeed contain Germany, like political philosphers recommended already after WW1 and again after WW2. The looks of the crisdis in Europe today last but niot least have been fundamentally helped to shape up by Germany and its atottude to always knwo evertyhign better. "Am deutschen Wesen soll die Welt genesen" - thats a valid slogan, still. It has started to backfire against us. We have no right to complain over that.