Old 09-27-22, 03:40 PM   #6766
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
Ehm.... about that:
Yes, but that was right before the war started and wa sobvious (at least for some) to come.

When Biden took over from Trump, Trumps threats - supported both by Republicans and Democrats by majority! - of punishing sanctions against every company participating in the Nordsstream 2 construction were part of the heritage he took over. And he prevented the sanctions, who already were in flight to their targets, so to speak, to hit, instead called them back, he did not like it, but he did, in a bid to not risk serious diplomatic conflict with germany: that the US would have won, but at the cost of a grumbling Germany, and Biden thought it was better to have a better start with Germany at the beginning of his own term,m for the sake of cooperation. - But all that is history now.

My main argument against a US attack is what I already said one page earlier. If it were the US and it would become revealed, the diplomatic repurcussions would be immense. Even more so since it was not even tried to make this appear as an acicdent. Its obvious that it was an intended strike.

What if the EU would strike gas terminals in the US with explosives and destroy them to a degree that they cannot be sued again because many Europeans do not like fracking gas and want the Us to stop fracking? The US would not be amused, and the daily transatlantical small talk would know only one topic.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-27-22 at 03:53 PM.
Skybird is online  
Old 09-27-22, 04:27 PM   #6767
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Another problem with the sabotage of Nord Stream 1, 2 is that many gas in water has effect on buoyancy of shipping and there is seawater in the pipeline that will damage the pipeline more this is not easy to fix pipelines are not build for seawater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 09-27-22, 04:39 PM   #6768
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

We got them: We just love diving near underwater gas pipelines. Nord Stream 1 and 2 are famous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 09-27-22, 05:46 PM   #6769
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Hmm weren't these men behind the poison of the Russian in UK ?

Seems to recall their faces.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 09-27-22, 06:03 PM   #6770
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Frankfurter Rundschau writes:

-----------------

Russian men have attempted to surrender themselves to Ukrainian authorities. A spokesman for Ukrainian military intelligence said that the men being rounded up for the Ukraine war were trying to avoid the front lines by doing so.

Andriy Yusov, spokesman for the Intelligence Directorate of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry, said Monday, (Sept. 26), on state television that recently mobilized Russians had contacted a hotline set up by Ukrainian security services. They had asked to surrender, Ukrainska Pravda reported.
Russia: Putin announces compulsory military service on television

"Now there are many calls to the hotline from newly mobilized Russians or even those who have not yet been mobilized," Yuzov said during the broadcast, according to Pravda. "They call and ask, 'If I am mobilized, what should I do, what should I do, how should I surrender?'"

After Ukrainian forces successfully retook parts of the country in a counteroffensive this month, Vladimir Putin announced a partial draft in a televised address last week. He said the draft would apply to Russian citizens in the military reserve or those who have served in the armed forces and have "certain military specializations and relevant experience."

Yuzov said Russia has already exhausted all available conscripts in the Donetsk and Luhansk administrative districts. Russians were not motivated to fight in Ukraine, and those who had been mobilized or had yet to be mobilized were calling the Ukrainian hotline, Yuzov said. The British Ministry of Defense said Monday in its report on the war that the mobilized men are arriving at bases as Russia now faces an "administrative and logistical challenge to train the troops."

"The shortage of military trainers and the haste with which Russia has begun mobilization suggest that many of the drafted troops will go to the front lines with minimal preparation," the ministry said. "They are likely to suffer a high rate of attrition."
----------------
Old 09-27-22, 10:27 PM   #6771
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

since the US navy been able to pickup scrap off the seabeds 1960's tap cables since the late70's when johnny red walker sold out he gave them one tap location when ussr raise it up the tap had made in the US i have been in support of ukraine from day one but when i see blame the US bs makes me think we be better not sending the billions of dollars money and equipment over there that money can sure be use here it your backyard not mine i won't be looking at the sky wondering if i'm going be seeing bunch of land base nukes taking off all around me since i'm in the middle of US missle silo area
Old 09-27-22, 10:34 PM   #6772
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
since the US navy been able to pickup scrap off the seabeds 1960's tap cables since the late70's when johnny red walker sold out he gave them one tap location when ussr raise it up the tap had made in the US i have been in support of ukraine from day one but when i see blame the US bs makes me think we be better not sending the billions of dollars money and equipment over there that money can sure be use here it your backyard not mine i won't be looking at the sky wondering if i'm going be seeing bunch of land base nukes taking off all around me since i'm in the middle of US missle silo area

Actually, It was Ronald Pelton with the NSA who gave away the cable tapping operations to the Soviets. Johhny Walker Red, his brother and son and Jerry Whitworth compromised the communications system including the cipher lists used by the U.S Navy.
Old 09-27-22, 11:06 PM   #6773
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
This is of course right, point taken.
Thanks Commander Wallace, i was offline right after my post, you essentially made clear what i ran away from

I ran over this Mr. Peterson several times, and while he is good and routinely professional in speaking about all what he calls truth and honesty, it is often rhetorical rubbish. I especially clashed with his imho confused ideas about climate science. He also is no military man, but there a lot of non-military persons who have a better grasp on the situation.

re Gorpet, it is not me that has a "hate" against russians, it is about this invasion, with some of the russian soldiers obviously being poor devils. (though my sympathy is held in check, especially when i hear and read of russian voices supporting the aggressor).
I always was for Russia, for trading, making connections, criticizing the US for their policies after 1989 towards Russia if you read my older postings.
It was a bit hard but this invasion and what becomes known of Putin's cleptocracy and his openly imperial and fascist ideas changed my mind.
We have privately brought some stuff to help Ukraine via Poland to Lwiw, though not ammo or weapons, yet.
I also think chancellor bubble-Olaf Scholz has to go, he was a great admirer of Russia and the GDR in his youth, and he obviously has a lot of friendship left for Russia and Putin's régime, though Putin has nothing to do with communist ideas (though he certainly (ab)uses Rusia's "glorious" communist past to justify his war.) Funny how the far right and left suddenly agrees when it comes to imperial ideas.
Just what are Imperial ideas.Please explain,To this American if you don't mind.And now as you are Older you think there is no Kleptocracy? and fascist ideals? If they haven't took out of your library of books how did Benito come to power.And how are the present day Politicians promoting your future well being. A government and corporation in a marriage. Just look at what's going on in the UK now. Sir Sterma is about as fascist as you can get. The man's worth 11to20 million pounds. Ya know what when a politician starts telling me on my tax dollar has to back corps for my future.But the immigrants pay nothing. It's time, yes i know we owe we owe. And i'm getting tired of that crap.How many of your daughters children will you have to raise.? because we owe.

Last edited by Gorpet; 09-27-22 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-27-22, 11:26 PM   #6774
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Russia announces win in ‘sham’ Ukraine referendum vote:

https://www.afr.com/policy/foreign-a...0220928-p5blld

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 09-28-22, 12:15 AM   #6775
Gorpet
Still Searching

[QUOTE=Reece;2829626]Russia announces win in ‘sham’ Ukraine referendum vote:

https://www.afr.com/policy/foreign-a...0220928-p5blld[/QUOT

Do you really believe that crap anymore? Oh yea we can see on Youtube the Russians getting killed close up.All the time, If the Ukraines are doing so good why do they keep asking for more Money and Weapons? Hell the United States won shame elections around the world since and after 1945. And they lost every country.So This time the New World Order thinks they.Who are World politician's and their families. Think they can put the squeeze on Russia and their Politicians will be just as greedy and lust for money and power in the new world order. Ya know what the Russians may just want to keep their culture and be Russians.Every single country that opened their country's up to the woke and new world order immigration and welfare are now in the throes of disintegration.Which will eventually bring about a cleansing covid.The next will be the real killer.

Last edited by Gorpet; 09-28-22 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-28-22, 01:35 AM   #6776
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Russia to open war enlisting hub on Georgia border

Russia is to open an army enlisting centre on the border with Georgia, where massive queues have formed as Russian men try to flee the country to avoid being sent to fight in Ukraine.

Officers at the Verkhniy Lars crossing will be tasked with serving summons to "citizens of the mobilisation age", the authorities say.

Recent satellite images have shown queues going for miles from Russia.

All those crossing into Georgia look exhausted, a BBC correspondent says.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63050880
Jim,The US Politicians would have their entire Army running. The Democrats believe they have an Army of Immigrants and they will Fight.Why? should they? Life is good in America.The natural born middle class are throwing their selfs off bridges and highway overpasses to atone for their guilt.When America and the UK run out of weapons and money and no citizens to fight then.Our immigrants will demand an end and then it will stop.
Old 09-28-22, 02:25 AM   #6777
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Frankfurter Rundschau writes:

-----------------

Russian men have attempted to surrender themselves to Ukrainian authorities. A spokesman for Ukrainian military intelligence said that the men being rounded up for the Ukraine war were trying to avoid the front lines by doing so.

Andriy Yusov, spokesman for the Intelligence Directorate of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry, said Monday, (Sept. 26), on state television that recently mobilized Russians had contacted a hotline set up by Ukrainian security services. They had asked to surrender, Ukrainska Pravda reported.
Russia: Putin announces compulsory military service on television

"Now there are many calls to the hotline from newly mobilized Russians or even those who have not yet been mobilized," Yuzov said during the broadcast, according to Pravda. "They call and ask, 'If I am mobilized, what should I do, what should I do, how should I surrender?'"

After Ukrainian forces successfully retook parts of the country in a counteroffensive this month, Vladimir Putin announced a partial draft in a televised address last week. He said the draft would apply to Russian citizens in the military reserve or those who have served in the armed forces and have "certain military specializations and relevant experience."

Yuzov said Russia has already exhausted all available conscripts in the Donetsk and Luhansk administrative districts. Russians were not motivated to fight in Ukraine, and those who had been mobilized or had yet to be mobilized were calling the Ukrainian hotline, Yuzov said. The British Ministry of Defense said Monday in its report on the war that the mobilized men are arriving at bases as Russia now faces an "administrative and logistical challenge to train the troops."

"The shortage of military trainers and the haste with which Russia has begun mobilization suggest that many of the drafted troops will go to the front lines with minimal preparation," the ministry said. "They are likely to suffer a high rate of attrition."
----------------
It sucks when you rub up with a bear and lose all because of an immature 16 year old. By the way where is she? You know the Blah Blah girl. Yes where the hell is Greta Thunberg? Where is the champion of the planet.I bet you She will not have to worry about freezing.
And next summer NetFlix will have a series about Greta and how she lived with nothing but a windmill and a solar collector. And by the way, You better hope NATO calls up the Germans. I can't see you heading to the front lines in any direction. Don't worry you cannot escape the blast zone. Oh hell she is now in America, Why would she come to America? Why in the hell would Greta come to America ? Ah she is experiencing mushrooms with Amber Heard at the Ex Royals. Life is good and bird's of a feather will always flock together. Just like you at the train tracks looking for coal. There have been so many that have said.Elect a Politian a "Professional Liar" don't complain when they are eating lobster and yore fighting over the few catfish in the local lake..After all we elected these people for their brains didn't we?

Last edited by Gorpet; 09-28-22 at 03:13 AM.
Old 09-28-22, 03:46 AM   #6778
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

re Skybird:

If the russians destroyed Nordstream (may well be, just not sure), i do not foresee a long life for the new Norway-Poland pipeline.
If they did it once ...

edit:
on the other hand there is the USS Kearsarge that has been at the locations, switching off its AIS.

So, still not sure.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 09-28-22 at 04:18 AM.
Old 09-28-22, 05:30 AM   #6779
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The EU says there will be consequences for the organisers of so-called referendums in occupied parts of Ukraine.

Pro-Russia leaders in the four occupied regions say the votes show the vast majority of people support the annexation of the areas by Russia.

But the referendums have widely been condemned as illegitimate.

The BBC has been told that soldiers were going door to door to make people take part in the votes.

Meanwhile, several countries say ruptures to Russian gas pipelines under the Baltic Sea were caused deliberately, possibly by explosives.

Ukrainian military commanders on the southern frontline have told the BBC they're making limited progress in their counter-offensive against Russia's invasion force.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 09-28-22, 05:35 AM   #6780
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

'Stupid and absurd' to say Russia behind gas leaks - Kremlin

The Kremlin says it is "stupid and absurd" to conclude that Russia was behind gas leaks on the Nord Stream pipelines to Europe.

The European Union has said the leaks in the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines from Russia to Europe were caused by sabotage - but did not directly accuse Russia.

Ukraine has gone further, accusing Russia of a "terrorist attack".

"It's quite predictable and also predictably stupid to give voice to these kinds of narratives - predictably stupid and absurd," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters.

"This is a big problem for us because, firstly, both lines of Nord Stream 2 are filled with gas - the entire system is ready to pump gas and the gas is very expensive... Now the gas is flying off into the air," he said.

People should wait for findings from an investigation before drawing conclusions, Peskov added.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Closed Thread