SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-05-21, 01:15 PM   #811
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel4004 View Post
Could you create a 3440x1440 43x18 Aspect Ratio Fix!?
43x18 should be pretty much the same as 21x9 (it's just divided by 2).

Unfortunately I can not help there because I can not select such resolutions on my computer.
You should try to open cameras.cam file with goblin editor and edit "AngularAngle" values for UZO and periscopes until your calculation are right.

Also note that rec.manual mast height and length values may not be always 100% correct and that may be the cause for errors in your calculations as well.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 07:31 AM   #812
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 583
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
The dates are hidden because it's quite dumb and unrealistic IMO that one Captain receives same medal multiple times (someone please correct me if im wrong). In-game award system is quite broken and I don't think that it can be repaired.

Just take a look at your example. It's not even 1940 yet and you have already been awarded with two iron croses 1st class.

Luckally, we have KSD commander and it's realistic medals/awards system...

I think I'll probably remove completely this menu from the game in some of the future updates...

I am not realy sure if KDS works realistic and use a correct award system, because in KDS if got other awards like ingame:

Or i am wrong about this?

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.

Last edited by GrenSo; 03-14-21 at 08:32 AM.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 08:37 AM   #813
PiedrA1650
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Stadimeter TDC dials problem

Hi there! First of all, thank you in advance for your help.
I am having this bug:
1. Operating System, System spec?
Windows 8 x64 (6.2, 9200)
2. Version of the game ? (DVD, Uplay download, Steam, other ?)
Uplay
3. Confirm that your game is updated to official v1.2.0 version and that the vanilla game works without problems.
When I open the game, at the top left corner it says "The Wolves of Steel v2.2.20" I hope that's the version...

4. If you use any non-TWoS custom mods, remove them, reinstall your game/TWoS completely according to install instruction, start new campaign and make sure that the issue still persist!
I don't have any other mods apart from WoS.

5. Confirm that the Generic Patcher is correctly activated and the snapshot is successfully restored (Install instructions, step 2).
I installed everything correctly, so I guess it's correctly activated. Anyways, I don't know how to check that...

6. Provide a screenshot of your main Silent Hunter 5 installation folder and it's content!
https://ibb.co/DKyn4KC https://ibb.co/GdwYZKP https://ibb.co/zrbrFxv https://ibb.co/P1wZWQ8
7. JSGME screenshot!
https://ibb.co/yh9DQxR
8. Make sure to provide as much details as possible when describing situation where problem/bug/CTD can be observed. What should we do in order to reproduce this issue?
So, I've seen another guy with the same problem as me in this very same thread, but the solution given to him doesn't seem to work with me.

My issue is that when on the TDC, I have all of my data already set up. Now imagine that I want to make sure I hit my target by doing a last moment distance check, or maybe I just want to change to a different target on a convoy: I need to adjust my distance as It's not going to be a 90AoB shot.

So, when I click on the stadimeter so I can select the new distance, all of my dials get messed up (speed, AoB, bearing), so It's impossible for me to make a last moment adjustement or to make several shots on a convoy as all of my data gets deleted and I have to input everything again.

A solution was given: try using the stadimeter while manual TDC is OFF. So I tried it, when that button is red, but it happens the same way as when it's on (gray button).
You can see everything I'm saying on the video I link below.

9. Upload several screenshots and gamesaves on which problem can be observed.

I've uploaded a one minute video on YouTube so you can clearly see the issue.
I just randomly found a DD, I locked it, and made a random firing solution, with random data. You can see that when I select what would be the new distance, all the dials get messed up.

Thank you SO MUCH for your help, I'm sure you will be able to help me!!!!
PiedrA1650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 02:16 PM   #814
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiedrA1650 View Post
I've uploaded a one minute video on YouTube so you can clearly see the issue.
I just randomly found a DD, I locked it, and made a random firing solution, with random data. You can see that when I select what would be the new distance, all the dials get messed up.

Thank you SO MUCH for your help, I'm sure you will be able to help me!!!!
Hi PiedrA1650,
TDC data aren't really resetting like that in correctly installed game/mod. I don't think you have performed step 2 from install instructions correctly... Update your mod to the latest version as well.

Last edited by vdr1981; 02-06-21 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-06-21, 05:47 PM   #815
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313

Small bug noted while playing the single mission about the test of German Jet engines ( Playable sub: Type VIIC/41 ). The flag displayed on the bow of the submarine instead of waving in the opposite direction in respect to the U-boat course, it waves in the same direction ( So in brief the flag is waving the wrong way )
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 05:59 PM   #816
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Quote:
The dates are hidden because it's quite dumb and unrealistic IMO that one Captain receives same medal multiple times (someone please correct me if im wrong). In-game award system is quite broken and I don't think that it can be repaired.
Totally agree with you. I'll try in the next incoming weeks to check if there's a way to fix this via scripts or game files.

For updates about it check the thread below ( So I'll don't mess with stuffs specific to this thread )

LINK: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=248048

Old 02-06-21, 06:18 PM   #817
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor_Prien View Post
Small bug noted while playing the single mission about the test of German Jet engines ( Playable sub: Type VIIC/41 ). The flag displayed on the bow of the submarine instead of waving in the opposite direction in respect to the U-boat course, it waves in the same direction ( So in brief the flag is waving the wrong way )
And if you turn the boat to the opposite direction?
Old 02-07-21, 08:13 AM   #818
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Quote:
And if you turn the boat to the opposite direction?
The flag seems to be affected only by the global wind direction set in the mission parameters and it doesn't take into account the U-boat direction/U-boat speed/U-boat air drag.
For example: You are heading South and the wind is blowing toward South too?
Even if you go South at flank speed your flag will always wave in a South direction ( even changing your heading to North ) while, instead, in a RL situation and considering an avarage wind force applied, the flag should wave North due to the U-boat movement/speed ( If you are heading south obviously ). As said you can test this very easily. Go to historical missions and load the one about the test of the German jet aircraft. Once spawned order ahead flak and after a bit order back emergency ( while in the meanwhile looking at the flag behaviour ). I'm sure you will notice it immediately
In brief: the flag waves correctly in respect to the wind direction but wrong in respect to the current U-boat direction/heading.
Said so and keeping the example made above if you are sailing South at flank speed ( and the wind is blowing South ) your flag instead of pointing in the opposite U-boat direction will always wave toward your conning tower. ( Even keeping a very open mindset and a "what if " scenario in mind, this could be eventually justified, only in case of gales/storms/very strong wind speeds but not surely in situations where the wind speed is inferior to the U-boat speed )

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 02-07-21 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-07-21, 08:33 AM   #819
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
In brief: the flag waves correctly in respect to the wind direction but wrong in respect to the current U-boat direction/heading.
Said so and keeping the example made above if you are sailing South at flank speed ( and the wind is blowing South ) your flag instead of pointing in the opposite U-boat direction will always wave toward your conning tower.

Yes, I did just that and as soon as I start moving the flag will start to wave in the correct direction. Note the uboat speed and course on the screenshots, the wind is blowing from south, 6m/s in this case...
Don't you have such behavior in your game?

Old 02-07-21, 08:40 AM   #820
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Added image above in my previous post . You must test this only in single missions, in the campaign ones it works as per normal. Note also that I have tested/noticed this only in the mission about the German jet fighter I have not yet checked if it happens only in this particular mission or only with this particular U-boat type.
Take in mind also that in single missions very often you get strange behaviours that instead in campaign missions do not show/doesn't seems to happen.

( No additional mods activated just TWoS " vanilla " )

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 02-07-21 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-07-21, 09:01 AM   #821
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

I've made also an additional test ( same single mission ). Once spawned ordered ahead flank then ordered a constant 25° turn to port and kept it for 10+ mins. The flag remains stuck/waves always in the same direction ( Like in the image I've posted above )

CROSS LINK: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=818

* Another odd behaviour of that single mission is that the crew never close the conning tower hatch if you order periscope depth.You have to close it manually otherwise you can make a bit of scuba diving

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 02-07-21 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-07-21, 09:12 AM   #822
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Added image above in my previous post . You must test this only in single missions, in the campaign ones it works as per normal. Note also that I have tested/noticed this only in the mission about the German jet fighter I have not yet checked if it happens only in this particular mission or only with this particular U-boat type.
Take in mind also that in single missions very often you get strange behaviours that instead in campaign missions do not show/doesn't seems to happen.

( No additional mods activated just TWoS " vanilla " )

Any single mission or the campaign , it's quite irrelevant...

Your screenshot doesn't look right and it doesn't correspond to the flag behavior in my game. Here is the picture from the same mission with the same wind/uboat position and course setup...

Note the flag? Since in this case we only have light wind (5-6m/s from north) , the flag should reorient it self as soon as you pick some speed.

IF this is not the case in your game (and from what I see on your screenshot it isn't) than something is wrong with your installation, probably the Generic Patcher part...
Old 02-07-21, 09:19 AM   #823
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Quote:

IF this is not the case in your game (and from what I see on your screenshot it isn't) than something is wrong with your installation, probably the Generic Patcher part...
I don't think so, everything should be ok in it ( In the patcher I have only edited the colours of the map markings everything else is TWoS vanilla ).
Probably we can set this bug in the category " Mistery of the faith " looking at the different behaviours of our game/PC.
Somehow nothing major the campaign runs absolutely fine and that's what, at least for me, is important!

( I use the single missions pratically only for quick tests )

Old 02-07-21, 09:33 AM   #824
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Probably we can set this bug in the category " Mistery of the faith " looking at the different behaviours of our game/PC.

Well, there shouldn't be any mysteries here IMO. If we have installed the game/mod correctly, our flags should behave exactly the same, which isn't the case here as far as I can tell. If nothing else, I learned so far that most of the "mysteries" are caused by faulty mod installation and/or incompatible mods...

Try to restore TWoS Generic Patcher snapshot again and observe if anything will change in your game...
Old 02-07-21, 09:51 AM   #825
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Quote:
Try to restore TWoS Generic Patcher snapshot again and observe if anything will change in your game...
Done. I've also reloaded the mission from backup. Unfortunately no changes, the flag continues to behave in the same way as before. ( I have not any mod enabled, TWoS only )

Can you upload your patcher snapshot so I'll try with it?