SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-18-20, 02:39 PM   #751
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Whitley's not in TWoS (that must have been VLR Wellington), but I just tried to test Dauntless and it did drop bombs in second pass. If you can, try to reload the save and see what happens if you don't dive/shoot it down.
Did the test mission with the spitfire. It took 4 passes before it dropped 1 bomb. It did not drop its 2nd bomb after 10+ passes. :/

I was not doing any maneuvering. Just going straight ahead full.
Old 12-18-20, 03:55 PM   #752
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvadoreno View Post
Did the test mission with the spitfire. It took 4 passes before it dropped 1 bomb. It did not drop its 2nd bomb after 10+ passes. :/

I was not doing any maneuvering. Just going straight ahead full.
Yes, most of the time planes AI is quite dumb. not much can be done about ti unfortunately. They do know to bite quite hard occasionally... They will become much more lethal in 1943 when they get rockets, if they actually decide to attack you...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-20, 10:44 PM   #753
Drakken
Planesman

Downloads: 65

I'm now in early January 1940. When approaching my first mission objective I receive this coded message from BdU, dated from 5 October 1939.

The problem is, now that I'm in 1940 I cannot access any sheets or code book from 1939. This makes the message impossible to decipher.

Any solution to solve this? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BdU Message.jpg (31.1 KB, 20 views)
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-20, 05:09 AM   #754
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
I'm now in early January 1940. When approaching my first mission objective I receive this coded message from BdU, dated from 5 October 1939.

The problem is, now that I'm in 1940 I cannot access any sheets or code book from 1939. This makes the message impossible to decipher.

Any solution to solve this? Thanks!

Place your mouse here and scroll...

Old 12-23-20, 11:03 PM   #755
Drakken
Planesman

Downloads: 65

It works! Thank you very much.
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-20, 03:24 PM   #756
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Found a typo (unless it was done intentionally to solve something?):

In Zones.cfg, zone types:

MB_WingsFront
HB_WingsFront

are set to be non-destructible, resulting in aircraft using these zone types (medium and heavy bombers) to be unable to have their wings cut off by AA fire.

Edit: also HB_WingsBack, so heavy bombers can't lose tail as well.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 06:38 AM   #757
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Found a typo (unless it was done intentionally to solve something?):

In Zones.cfg, zone types:

MB_WingsFront
HB_WingsFront

are set to be non-destructible, resulting in aircraft using these zone types (medium and heavy bombers) to be unable to have their wings cut off by AA fire.

Edit: also HB_WingsBack, so heavy bombers can't lose tail as well.
Thank Kapuhy

Quote:
unless it was done intentionally to solve something?

This is the main question... maybe some developer or modder changed this in the past to avoid some strange planes behavior. We are aware that when plane losses some of it's parts, most of the time physics and aerodynamic goes out of the window right away.
Old 12-26-20, 03:56 PM   #758
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Hello

Could there be an issue with progressing from the VIIA to the VIIB? It's currently February of 1940, I have completed all of my missions and sunk the required tonnage, yet I still do not have the VIIB.
Weirdly enough, it's like my game thinks I have the VIIB. In the upgrades section when you go to "Camouflage Scheme", instead of a VIIA conning tower being there this is a VIIB conning tower, and below that is a VIIB boat!
That is my career stats at the moment, shouldn't that be enough to get me upgraded from a VIIA to a VIIB?

My modlist:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5\TWoS_Parts]

TWoS Env Settings - Brighter Nights
TWoS Harbors Chimney Smoke
TWoS Map Contacts Colors
TWoS Remove Map Plastic Cover
TWoS Ship Auto Recognition
TWoS Wooden Lifeboats
Green U-Marker
one ship, one torpedo v1.00
TWoS SM Interior_Food Stocks
gap - The SH5 EcoMod v0.2.1 - 1. Main mod
gap - The SH5 EcoMod v0.2.1 - 2.b 3x increased tree density
gap - The SH5 EcoMod v0.2.1 - 4.a Full resolution tree textures
gap - The SH5 EcoMod v0.2.1 - 5.a Full resolution detail masks
gap - The SH5 EcoMod v0.2.1 - Testing missions
English Voices
Change days in bunker

TIA

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 05:16 PM   #759
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Hello

Could there be an issue with progressing from the VIIA to the VIIB? It's currently February of 1940, I have completed all of my missions and sunk the required tonnage, yet I still do not have the VIIB.
Weirdly enough, it's like my game thinks I have the VIIB. In the upgrades section when you go to "Camouflage Scheme", instead of a VIIA conning tower being there this is a VIIB conning tower, and below that is a VIIB boat!
That is my career stats at the moment, shouldn't that be enough to get me upgraded from a VIIA to a VIIB?

My modlist:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5\TWoS_Parts]

TWoS Env Settings - Brighter Nights
TWoS Harbors Chimney Smoke
TWoS Map Contacts Colors
TWoS Remove Map Plastic Cover
TWoS Ship Auto Recognition
TWoS Wooden Lifeboats
Green U-Marker
one ship, one torpedo v1.00
TWoS SM Interior_Food Stocks
gap - The SH5 EcoMod v0.2.1 - 1. Main mod
gap - The SH5 EcoMod v0.2.1 - 2.b 3x increased tree density
gap - The SH5 EcoMod v0.2.1 - 4.a Full resolution tree textures
gap - The SH5 EcoMod v0.2.1 - 5.a Full resolution detail masks
gap - The SH5 EcoMod v0.2.1 - Testing missions
English Voices
Change days in bunker

TIA
In Wolves, VIIB will become available from 1st April 1940. Historically 2nd flotilla didn't use VIIB at all...
Old 12-26-20, 10:52 PM   #760
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
In Wolves, VIIB will become available from 1st April 1940. Historically 2nd flotilla didn't use VIIB at all...
Ah ok, it's not like I thought it was with stock/non-TWoS SH5 where you receive the VIIB after you complete the "Northern Approchases" mission.

Thanks!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Old 12-27-20, 12:57 PM   #761
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Ah ok, it's not like I thought it was with stock/non-TWoS SH5 where you receive the VIIB after you complete the "Northern Approchases" mission.

Thanks!
Hello Beast,

Asking about your additional mods, change days in bunker and U-marker? Where can i find those?

What is the U-marker add?
Old 12-27-20, 10:39 PM   #762
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvadoreno View Post
Hello Beast,

Asking about your additional mods, change days in bunker and U-marker? Where can i find those?

What is the U-marker add?
Some mega mods remove the U-marker which is the yellow triangle that is on the surface above your sub telling you where your boat is, but the U-marker adds the U-marker back and changes its color.
This is what I use:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloa...do=file&id=702

It is compatible with TWoS.

Change days in bunker changes the days spent in the base. I use it so I can time my patrol starts to be closer to when the mission begins.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...34&postcount=1

Follow the instructions in Trevally's thread and you'll get it to work. Make sure to make the changes before you dock in the base though!

TIA

Old 01-03-21, 02:56 PM   #763
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Default Destroyer Behavior

I am in Turning Point 1943 March

TWOS
Real Nav
BdU encrypted orders
SM Interior
Dark Wraith FX Update
Officer Icons
Bstanko6s AlarmClock
TWoS Remove Sub Flag
DBSM Speech 1.0.4

Inquiring about destroyer behaviors. I've had 2 attacks on 2 separate convoys now. 1st attack went for nearly 26 hours, 4 destroyers depth charged for 10 hours but then continued for the other hours just circling in the exact same patterns no matter how i changed directions. I finally saved and reloaded and the destroyers left after a few minutes.

2nd behavior is mirroring that exact same thing my first experience. I'm probably 10 hours in now, 3 destroyers, but they are still dropping depth chargers. Their patterns are still exactly the same as the last time no matter how much i change direction.

If i recall the destroyer of Sh3 behaviors varies, and you can shake them depending on your strategy. So far my experiences are exactly the same (prior games as well). Is there something hardcoded to make it more difficult?

Thanks!
Old 01-04-21, 12:04 PM   #764
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

Downloads: 262

Iam using a new Monitor (Acer Predator X (Predator X34P) 87 cm (34 Zoll) IPS Curved UWQHD 3440x1440) and have this view trough my binoculars with resolution 3440x1440 in SH5 TWoS. Iam using the 21/9 setting in GME too. Is this normal, that the top is cut and also not the numbers are not visibile from the binoculars!?? Also there is a huge fisheye view visible at the edges off both sides, is this because of the stretch of the resolution of stock SH5?

excel4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 01:20 PM   #765
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel4004 View Post
Iam using a new Monitor (Acer Predator X (Predator X34P) 87 cm (34 Zoll) IPS Curved UWQHD 3440x1440) and have this view trough my binoculars with resolution 3440x1440 in SH5 TWoS. Iam using the 21/9 setting in GME too. Is this normal, that the top is cut and also not the numbers are not visibile from the binoculars!?? Also there is a huge fisheye view visible at the edges off both sides, is this because of the stretch of the resolution of stock SH5?
Hi excel4004
I'm afraid that these "new" ultra wide resolutions will always pose an enigma for old games such as SH5. Not sure how to test this since my max resolution in game is 1680*1050.

Try Torpedo's binoculars and see what's going on with his textures...http://www.mediafire.com/file/n7kb2e...do_v1.zip/file