SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-28-19, 01:39 PM   #196
abzac
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Russian Windows?
Yes, but english localization and speech synthesis for Windows are downloaded as well(used in VoiceAttack).

EDIT: solved this issue by downloading (for informational purposes, of course) english version from torrents. Looks like I won't be able to play the version from my disk (buka), as it missing some english localization or something...

Last edited by abzac; 03-29-19 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Solved th issue
abzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 01:17 PM   #197
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by abzac View Post
Yes, but english localization and speech synthesis for Windows are downloaded as well(used in VoiceAttack).

EDIT: solved this issue by downloading (for informational purposes, of course) english version from torrents. Looks like I won't be able to play the version from my disk (buka), as it missing some english localization or something...
You have "Russian Fonts Patch" in the documentation folder...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-19, 02:03 PM   #198
Merboe
Swabbie

Downloads: 39

I wasn't able to get the external torpedos to be loaded inside, so I did a refit with U360 in the middle of the Atlantic. I was able to refit everything, then my ship slowed down to zero and the external torpedos were unloaded and loaded back into external slots, which took forever.

Now I can't move anymore.

I can static dive, but no matter what engines I try to use, the ship won't move. The engines run, the props turn, but no movement at all. Wether with or without a given course. Rudders turn as well. LI tells me we're going 10Knots, but we're not.

---
Using the latest TWOS with some customized textures (my own alberich) and sound files (custom engine sounds & grammophone).

Windows10 GER

Everything else works.

Maybe there is a bug where you are stuck in refit / harbor mode when doing a refit in the open sea? Game probably doesn't set you free.

Or is there something I need to do to be able to move again?
Merboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-19, 02:13 PM   #199
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

abzac!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-19, 03:09 PM   #200
Wolf1978
Nub

Downloads: 55
Default mIssing long and lat

Im not sure this is a bug or not....but on my nav map im missing the numbers for long and latt..also on my mini map......also in my configure nav map features...the boxes are uncheckable..there grey and cant click on them..Its prob my setting but i cant find the right setting to fix it...is this a bug...if not can someone help me set my settings right?....https://www.screencast.com/t/KW3Dco68min....https://www.screencast.com/t/igblgDKlUgGf.......https://www.screencast.com/t/tZszfQQmz5
Wolf1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-19, 03:58 PM   #201
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > abzac
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 07:44 AM   #202
Antiscamp
Nub

Downloads: 3

I am trying to install the modpack, but I get this error when trying to run the game. I've obviously done something wrong. I have the UPlay version of the game (bought from GamersGate many years ago, but now it's on UPlay), and Win10.

Error message is in Swedish, but I hope someone can make out what it means.

Antiscamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 09:57 AM   #203
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Antiscamp!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 12:44 PM   #204
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiscamp View Post
I am trying to install the modpack, but I get this error when trying to run the game. I've obviously done something wrong. I have the UPlay version of the game (bought from GamersGate many years ago, but now it's on UPlay), and Win10.

Error message is in Swedish, but I hope someone can make out what it means.

when u install the modpack did u selected the correct Sh5.exe location ????
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 01:30 PM   #205
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Antiscamp
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 02:31 PM   #206
Antiscamp
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
when u install the modpack did u selected the correct Sh5.exe location ????

Well, yeah! I even just now reinstalled it to make sure I had the right path. Same thing.
Old 04-06-19, 04:05 PM   #207
Antiscamp
Nub

I tried reinstalling the game from scratch. Now I can't even get in-game in vanilla before it crashes. I knew this game was a buggy mess, but I never expected this absolutely hellish experience lol

EDIT: OK, All uninstalled now and gone with the wind. Never touching Ubisoft/UPlay or their games again. Ima wait for UBoat instead for my WWII itch. I'm never touching this disaster area of a game again. Geez!

Thanks to you who tried to help me at least. Cheers.

Edit2: So I didn't give up after all. Because what would Churchill have said about that! I tried reinstalling it a third time. And now, all of a sudden it works like a charm. With Wolves of Steel and all. Never give up lol

Last edited by Antiscamp; 04-08-19 at 03:59 AM.
Old 04-08-19, 01:28 AM   #208
PCloadletter
Nub

Downloads: 77

Hello All,

I'm having an issue where my attack periscope and UZO will not zoom. Attack periscope is stuck in 1.5x zoom and UZO at 7x. Using the mouse wheel does nothing when using either of those two. The mouse wheel zoom works for the observation periscope and binos on the bridge, so I'm unsure why it won't zoom in with the attack scope and UZO. I've searched around and could not seem to find anyone with this issue.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Last edited by PCloadletter; 04-08-19 at 02:05 AM.
PCloadletter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 04:43 AM   #209
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiscamp View Post
I tried reinstalling the game from scratch. Now I can't even get in-game in vanilla before it crashes. I knew this game was a buggy mess, but I never expected this absolutely hellish experience lol

EDIT: OK, All uninstalled now and gone with the wind. Never touching Ubisoft/UPlay or their games again. Ima wait for UBoat instead for my WWII itch. I'm never touching this disaster area of a game again. Geez!

Thanks to you who tried to help me at least. Cheers.

Edit2: So I didn't give up after all. Because what would Churchill have said about that! I tried reinstalling it a third time. And now, all of a sudden it works like a charm. With Wolves of Steel and all. Never give up lol

And I guess you did everything exactly the same this time...Must be Gremlins, human factor is never the issue when it comes to modding. I learned so much by now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCloadletter View Post
Hello All,

I'm having an issue where my attack periscope and UZO will not zoom. Attack periscope is stuck in 1.5x zoom and UZO at 7x. Using the mouse wheel does nothing when using either of those two. The mouse wheel zoom works for the observation periscope and binos on the bridge, so I'm unsure why it won't zoom in with the attack scope and UZO. I've searched around and could not seem to find anyone with this issue.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.
The UZO is not zoom-able, but scopes should be...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 10:56 AM   #210
PCloadletter
Nub

Downloads: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
The UZO is not zoom-able, but scopes should be...
Ok, that explains the UZO, user error But I still have the issue with the attack periscope. I'm still not 100$ familiar with everything TWoS mod changes with regards to UI, but I compared my game with some Youtube videos to try and catch any issues. I noticed my periscope still has those green crosshairs in addition to the black ones. They overlap so I'm assuming they're not supposed to be there which leads me to believe there's an issue there that's causing my problem? I'll post screens of periscope and UI along with my mod list.

Additionally, should I have more depth/control options in the bottom left corner? Currently there's only "decks awash", "snorkle depth", and "dive" as quick options.

Attack Periscope and UI

Mod list:

Thank you for your help, cheers
PCloadletter is offline   Reply With Quote