Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-29-23, 11:02 AM   #541
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Speculations over the possibility of Taiwan joining the U.S. nuclear umbrella in the Indo-Pacific region have sounded alarm that the cross-strait tensions with China could lead to a nuclear conflict.

On May 22, Taiwanese Foreign Minister Joseph Wu confirmed the island conducted talks on whether the U.S. would include Taiwan under its nuclear umbrella. While the minister did not reveal further details and denied wanting to join the nuclear umbrella, analysts believe it would create a strong deterrent for Taiwan against Chinese attacks.

It would deter China only to not attack with nukes.

If one believes the US would risk the nuclearization of one or several of its metropoles and cities.

That is a very big "If". Already against China. Against a sub-developed nation like North Korea, the formula "an eye for an eye" does not work at all, since the destruction of Pyongyang does not compare to the destruction of L.A. or N.Y. He who is the wealthier and more developed, has far more to loose. Pulverizing the Korean industry, is one thing, and the globe hardly would note it. Pulverizing the American economy is a competely different ballgame. The risk lies with the US, not North Korea. The US would have everything to loose, North Korea practically nothing.
Old 05-29-23, 11:12 AM   #542
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
It would deter China only to not attack with nukes.

If one believes the US would risk the nuclearization of one or several of its metropoles and cities.

That is a very big "If". Already against China. Against a sub-developed nation like North Korea, the formula "an eye for an eye" does not work at all, since the destruction of Pyongyang does not compare to the destruction of L.A. or N.Y. He who is the wealthier and more developed, has far more to loose. Pulverizing the Korean industry, is one thing, and the globe hardly would note it. Pulverizing the American economy is a competely different ballgame. The risk lies with the US, not North Korea. The US would have everything to loose, North Korea practically nothing.
Miss read his comment...Sorry
Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-23, 06:23 AM   #543
Skybird
Soaring

Some months ago it was reported that british ex RAF pilots seem to train the Chinese air force. Well, the German are in it as well:

(...)
According to research by SPIEGEL and ZDF, a handful of former German fighter pilots are said to be employed as trainers in China. And this is probably at salaries that are otherwise only paid in professional sports or in management positions in corporations.

Security authorities in Germany believe it is highly likely that the pilots betrayed military expertise, passed on secret operational tactics and even practiced attack scenarios with their clients, such as an attack on Taiwan. All of this comes at a time when the tones between China and the West are growing harsher. (...)
The Bundestag's parliamentary control committee recently held several meetings to deal with the "gainful employment of members of the civil service after the end of active service." The secret service controllers fear that knowledge could fall into the wrong hands. They also discussed ex-Federal Army airmen in China. The Green Party chairman of the committee, Konstantin von Notz, speaks in this context of an "outrageous, outrageous and problematic event" that poses "an enormous security risk" if it is confirmed.
(...)

[Spiegel]

Should I be surprise? Yes, I rate this as treason. Of course I do, its nothing else than this: treason. But just few days ago I red about a Bundeswehr barrack where there are just two toilets for 160 soldiers and recruit, men and women. And one toilet only functioning. With all the bad stories being told about the Bundeswehr, its lacks and deficits, its bad leadership policy, its underfunded status - no, I am not surprised at all.

Damn, Führung (leadership) once was the quality that set the german armed forces apart from any other in the world and made the difference in WW2.
Old 06-03-23, 08:19 PM   #544
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

Meanwhile..

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-23, 04:42 AM   #545
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Only a matter of time before a spark ignites the powder keg.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 09:50 AM   #546
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I don't understand why the US has to be over there messing around with China, is it absolutely necessary to have an adversary all the time?

Quote:
Li said if the US and other foreign powers did not want confrontation, they should not send their military assets near China.

“Mind your own business,” Li said, adding, “Why did all these incidents happen in areas near China, not in areas near other countries?”
Yeah, imagine if China was running huge naval operations 50 miles outside of San Francisco Bay?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-65803311
Old 06-05-23, 10:33 AM   #547
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Yeah, imagine if China was running huge naval operations 50 miles outside of San Francisco Bay...
... because the US is threatening to bomb and retake China Town...?"

Nations and political regimes compete, there is no way around recognizing that. And the Chinese system is a very brutal and inhumane one.

Taiwan.

Naval merchant traffic.

South Chinese Sea.

China raised to take it all. They will not hold back if you give them for now what they want. They will come back and demand more.
Old 06-05-23, 11:32 AM   #548
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

The USN is there to keep the oceans open for trade.
They aren't sinking fishing boats or bombing non-aligned countries.

I've brought it up before, but China really doesn't know how to use their Navy.
I would be looking out for China to attack another non-peer Navy just so they can get some experience before they aim for Taiwan.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 11:43 AM   #549
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I don't understand why the US has to be over there messing around with China, is it absolutely necessary to have an adversary all the time?

Yeah, imagine if China was running huge naval operations 50 miles outside of San Francisco Bay?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-65803311
I agree. What with satellites and listening devices on our rusty but trusty LST Santa Maria, permanently aground in the South China Sea we should ensure and let S.Korea, Phillipines, Japan, and VietNam deal with it (with our 'proxy-style assistance')...with complete understanding that the narrow Bering Strait and the chinkadero concept of "right of innocent passge" is now equally cut off to Sino-intrusion in the Artic Ocean, the demense of US, Canada and Russia. The chinese are of course at liberty to approach by Hudson's Bay! I doubt Bejing will like a page from their own hegemony-playbook being used in return; thus exposing their double standard. I would bet that their 'eternal friendship' Russian partner would not object to one less competitor in its Artic 'backyard'.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 06:01 AM   #550
Skybird
Soaring

Germany fears ex-pilots share secrets with China

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-fears-...ina/a-65850899
Old 06-08-23, 07:14 AM   #551
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

If the Chinese persist with these provocations I fear something bad will happen.

Quote:
TAIPEI, June 8 (Reuters) - Taiwan activated its defence systems on Thursday after reporting 37 Chinese military aircraft flying into the island's air defence zone, some of which then flew into the western Pacific, in Beijing's latest mass air incursion.
https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-p...ce-2023-06-08/

Old 06-08-23, 12:00 PM   #552
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
... because the US is threatening to bomb and retake China Town...?"

Nations and political regimes compete, there is no way around recognizing that. And the Chinese system is a very brutal and inhumane one.

Taiwan.

Naval merchant traffic.

South Chinese Sea.

China raised to take it all. They will not hold back if you give them for now what they want. They will come back and demand more.
Here get the tit for the tat
https://archive.ph/8SOHm

Cuba to Host Secret Chinese Spy Base Focusing on U.S.
Beijing will pay Havana several billion dollars for eavesdropping facility

Quote:
The revelation about the planned site has sparked alarm within the Biden administration because of Cuba’s proximity to the U.S. mainland. Washington regards Beijing as its most significant economic and military rival. A Chinese base with advanced military and intelligence capabilities in the U.S.’s backyard could be an unprecedented new threat.
Ah, Biden administration is alarmed? The poor earpiece guy is gonna have a nervous breakdown.

Old 06-08-23, 03:31 PM   #553
Skybird
Soaring

^
Old 06-08-23, 09:14 PM   #554
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

That was so funny!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-23, 06:39 AM   #555
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Looks to me like the Chinese are desperate to spread their sphere of influence as far and wide as possible.

Quote:
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas will make a state visit to China next week after Beijing expressed readiness to help facilitate Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.

“At the invitation of President Xi Jinping, president of the state of Palestine Mahmoud Abbas will pay a state visit to China from June 13 to 16,” China’s foreign ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said on Friday.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...er/ar-AA1ckvyW