SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-26-16, 10:53 AM   #61
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Nope, I'm teleported to the stern heavy flak when front flak is "clicked"...
Did you get same results?
After installing my patch?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-16, 10:58 AM   #62
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Yep. Tell me the which GR2 file, and exact bone name
I'm going to upload modified gr2 tower file with edited bones (A2 bone moved to the front, A1 in the middle, S2 removed ect) . Is that OK? Messing with M1 node is not necessary any longer , I think...

I was trying to rotate A2_FLAK_GUN bone, but I couldn't...

EDIT

Quote:
After installing my patch?
Yes...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-16, 11:06 AM   #63
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Yes...
And what about your own modifications? Do they work? I am afraid that if we can't get the game to handle two heavy Flaks, doing it with three of them could be even harder, even if we give up the light ones
Old 02-26-16, 11:13 AM   #64
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
And what about your own modifications? Do they work? I am afraid that if we can't get the game to handle two heavy Flaks, doing it with three of them could be even harder, even if we give up the light ones
I'ts early to tell... Take a look at this...

This is a new configuration and you can see the issues. I can man all three stations but I still can't operate two forward heavy flaks. I'll see what I can do...
Do you want me to upload the files?
Old 02-26-16, 11:26 AM   #65
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
...This is a new configuration and you can see the issues.
This is what I can see:

- Bow gun: there is only one gunner instead of two, and he is sitting on the wrong end of the gun;
- Wintergarte gun: there is only one gunner instead of two, and he is manning the gun as if it was a light Flak gun;
- Stern gun: as far as I can see from your screenshot, all seems okay.

Quote:
I can man all three stations but I still can't operate two forward heavy flaks. I'll see what I can do...
I don't get you: if you can man them, what prevents you from operating them? Don't they move/shot or what else?

Quote:
Do you want me to upload the files?
Yes, please. Don't forget to include any other file you might have modified besides the GR2 file
Old 02-26-16, 11:52 AM   #66
vdr1981
Navy Seal

OK, just give me some time... I have to go now, but later this evening I'll upload new files and then we'll see what we can do...
Old 02-26-16, 12:00 PM   #67
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
OK, just give me some time... I have to go now, but later this evening I'll upload new files and then we'll see what we can do...
No problem Vecko, take your time
Old 02-26-16, 04:58 PM   #68
vdr1981
Navy Seal

OK, this would be realistic (and very badass ) U-flak configuration, you will agree gap, right?

It's interesting that in this configuration all flak stations are working fine !?

However, If I add 2x 37mm instead of 2xQuads, then forward two stations will become inoperable (for player)...Strange...

Here is the new U-flak mod (complete)...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cd...+U-FlaK+II.rar
Old 02-26-16, 05:35 PM   #69
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Will this be incoporated into the next version of TWoS?
Old 02-26-16, 06:32 PM   #70
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
OK, this would be realistic (and very badass ) U-flak configuration, you will agree gap, right?

It's interesting that in this configuration all flak stations are working fine !?
Okay good. What about the manning crew? I have probably found why some guns had missing/flipped/wrong crew.

While I was waiting for your updates I tweaked a bit the conning tower to accomodate the new gun configuration (if you open the GR2 file you will understand what I am talking about). Talking on it, I am stil undecided wether to remove the flag staff or not...

Here are the files:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5y...Turm_Tweaks.7z

Quote:
However, If I add 2x 37mm instead of 2xQuads, then forward two stations will become inoperable (for player)...Strange...
The more I mess with playable guns, the more I get convinced that there are some hardcoded values preventing the usage of more than one 37mm Flak (and probably making the twin 37mm buggy). I hope to be wrong though
Old 02-26-16, 06:55 PM   #71
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Okay good. What about the manning crew? I have probably found why some guns had missing/flipped/wrong crew.
Please explain! My changes still have wrong/flipped crew (as you can see in my upload)

Quote:
While I was waiting for your updates I tweaked a bit the conning tower to accomodate the new gun configuration (if you open the GR2 file you will understand what I am talking about). Talking on it, I am stil undecided wether to remove the flag staff or not...
I like it, very nice! I think you should remove it because there is no any flag staff on U-flak pictures...

Quote:
The more I mess with playable guns, the more I get convinced that there are some hardcoded values preventing the usage of more than one 37mm Flak (and probably making the twin 37mm buggy). I hope to be wrong though
I dont think that anything is hard codded...It's just that we don't know how...
But, we are on good track...
Old 02-26-16, 07:48 PM   #72
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Please explain! My changes still have wrong/flipped crew (as you can see in my upload)
Okay, don't quote me on that, what follows is just my guessing, but I think that bones named WP_* are used for crew placement. There are two copies of them, one in the turm GR2 and the other in turm's waypoints GR2 file. Looking more closely at them, I suspect the first determine crew position, and the latter crew rotation. Going by names and positions, it is easy understanding which WP bone goes to which gun; yet, I still cant find the logical linking among them. It is possible that settings associating each gun slot with its appropriate WP bone and crew type are found in an softcoded cfg file, or it is possible that this association is hardcoded so that WP_A01_GUN always means "light Flak crew linked to the gun in configurable bone A01", WP_FLAK_GUN is heavy Flak crew to the gun in bone S01", etc. If that was the case, there would be little space for assigning corret crew to the two Flakvierling (they would always display ligh AA guns crew), but for a start I would start renaming those bones WP_FLAK_GUN, WP_FLAK_GUN_01, WP_FLAK_GUN_02, and see what happens...

Quote:
I like it, very nice! I think you should remove it because there is no any flag staff on U-flak pictures...
I think the flagstaff was removable but no problem on that: I can delete it from the file, or move it to one side

Quote:
I dont think that anything is hard codded...It's just that we don't know how...
But, we are on good track...
I hope so!
Old 02-26-16, 08:47 PM   #73
gap
Navy Seal

Good news

Using Notepad++ I have searched the data folder for the string "WP_FLAK_GUN", and I found instances of it in the following files:

\Scripts\AI\Crew\Crew_Idle_Actions_QR2.aix

\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7*\Submarine Parts\Conning_7*.GR2 (this was expected)

\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7c41\Submarine Parts\Conning_7c41_*.waypoints.GR2 (this was expected too, but I still don't get why only VIIc41's conning towers have their crew waypoints duplicated in an external GR2 file; makes me wonder whether the duplicated bones are actually used or not)

\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7*\waypoint_edges.txt

\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7*\waypoint_info.txt

Now we need to study those files, but I feel we are a step closer to the solution of the puzzle
Old 02-27-16, 06:20 AM   #74
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

sober made a mod for Shaefer for using with VIIA and VIIB's where he moved the bridge crew to different positions.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-16, 07:58 AM   #75
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Good news

Using Notepad++ I have searched the data folder for the string "WP_FLAK_GUN", and I found instances of it in the following files:

\Scripts\AI\Crew\Crew_Idle_Actions_QR2.aix

\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7*\Submarine Parts\Conning_7*.GR2 (this was expected)

\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7c41\Submarine Parts\Conning_7c41_*.waypoints.GR2 (this was expected too, but I still don't get why only VIIc41's conning towers have their crew waypoints duplicated in an external GR2 file; makes me wonder whether the duplicated bones are actually used or not)

\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7*\waypoint_edges.txt

\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7*\waypoint_info.txt

Now we need to study those files, but I feel we are a step closer to the solution of the puzzle
Heh, we are thinking the same. I reached the same conclusions yesterday while I was using advanced search options in Notepad++ , that's why I asked you how can I rotate bones with gr2 editor (I was trying to rotate WP_A02_GUN bone). However, I'm not happy to see that even script files are involved in crew placement...

One more question though...Your tweaked gr2 U-flak tower works great but it has been doubled in size (9MB, was 4MB), was that your intention or maybe not?

Also, I'm going to upload latest U-flak version with edited upgrade packs, restricted gun zones ect...You are free to grab it and , if possible, to tweak any spotted issue...

Last edited by vdr1981; 02-27-16 at 08:03 AM.