SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-24-16, 04:39 PM   #31
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
The force you must use...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-16, 05:00 PM   #32
gap
Navy Seal

I suspect that transform data of this peculiar GR2 file render my changes pointless, anyway can you test my tweaked gun file?

See my posts #26 and 28 in this thread for knowing what I changed and why I am afraid the change I made wont have any effect. In theory, gun camera position should change from right to left side, and the "buggy side" should change accordingly from right to left.
Old 02-24-16, 05:10 PM   #33
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I suspect that transform data of this peculiar GR2 file render my changes pointless, anyway can you test my tweaked gun file?

See my posts #26 and 28 in this thread for knowing what I changed and why I am afraid the change I made wont have any effect. In theory, gun camera position should change from right to left side, and the "buggy side" should change accordingly from right to left.
OK...I have to create one new upgrade pack first (I've discarded previous tweaks )...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-16, 05:29 PM   #34
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Nope... Dead end... Exactly the same, only now my avatar sits on the left side of the gun.
There is also one more area which will freeze the game, new front U-FlaK platform, when you try to climb left ladder... This was before your gr2 file also...
Black magic...

EDIT:

These areas, no mater which gun orientation or anything else...

Last edited by vdr1981; 02-24-16 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-24-16, 05:49 PM   #35
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Nope... Dead end... Exactly the same, only now my avatar sits on the left side of the gun.
Summing up:

- I moved the camera from right to left and, on reload, GR2 Editor confirms that my change was saved correctly though...
- ...according to Goblin the camera bone is exactly in the same position as before;
- my change being stored into the file is confirmed in game (avatar's camera is now on the left side), however...
- ...switchig camera side has no effect on our bug: the camera keeps freezing when player's avatar approches the gun from the right side.

At least we discarded any connection between the dummy camera bone and the bug. What next?

There is also one more area which will freeze the game, new front U-FlaK platform, when you try to climb left ladder... This was before your gr2 file also...
Black magic...[/QUOTE]

Do you mean that there's a point on the U-flak coonning tower that freezes the camera when the player moves near to it (not related to the twin 37 mm gun)? If it is exactly the same bug affecting two separate objects, comparing them could give us some clues on what is going on
Old 02-24-16, 05:53 PM   #36
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
- ...switchig camera side has no effect on our bug: the camera keeps freezing when player's avatar approches the gun from the right side.

At least we discarded any connection between the dummy camera bone and the bug. What next?
Yes

Quote:
Do you mean that there's a point on the U-flak coonning tower that freezes the camera when the player moves near to it (not related to the twin 37 mm gun)? If it is exactly the same bug affecting two separate objects, comparing them could give us some clues on what is going on
Negative, without double 37mm there is no "freezing points" on board...
Old 02-24-16, 06:19 PM   #37
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Negative, without double 37mm there is no "freezing points" on board...

LOL
Old 02-24-16, 06:22 PM   #38
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:

LOL
Old 02-24-16, 06:53 PM   #39
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
yep, time to rest, but I don't give up on this. This particular bug is haunting me since at least three years ago...
Old 02-25-16, 07:10 AM   #40
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Just a small update...

Even without any files/controllers, twin 37mm still freezes the game (removed sim, cam and zon file)...Definite sign that the problem is in 3D object...Somewhere...

When I was removed twin 37mm cam file, I was able to use manually front flak and in order to access front gun station I had to click rear flak gun...

So, all is working, it's just a matter of camera/station controllers settings. Somehow , I think the solution may be in camera.cam file. It's like some camera "definition" is missing...
Old 02-25-16, 08:35 AM   #41
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
...all is working, it's just a matter of camera/station controllers settings. Somehow , I think the solution may be in camera.cam file. It's like some camera "definition" is missing...
Thank you for your tips

today in the morning I was looking exactly in that direction. The problem can't be in camera.cam, because all the Flak guns use the same camera definition. Knowing that, I focused my attention on the station controller. This is what I found:

37mmTSA.sim => GunStationController @ 37mmTSA_Soclu => GunStationController => NameDisplayable: 0
37mmTSA.sim => GunStationController @ 37mmTSA_Soclu => GunStationController => InteractiveObject => tooltip: 0
37mmTSA.sim => GunStationController @ 37mmTSA_Soclu => GunStationController => InteractiveObject => expertTooltip: 0

For all other guns, the same parameters point to appropriate tooltip number in menu.txt. See what I mean?
Old 02-25-16, 09:02 AM   #42
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Thank you for your tips

today in the morning I was looking exactly in that direction. The problem can't be in camera.cam, because all the Flak guns use the same camera definition. Knowing that, I focused my attention on the station controller. This is what I found:

37mmTSA.sim => GunStationController @ 37mmTSA_Soclu => GunStationController => NameDisplayable: 0
37mmTSA.sim => GunStationController @ 37mmTSA_Soclu => GunStationController => InteractiveObject => tooltip: 0
37mmTSA.sim => GunStationController @ 37mmTSA_Soclu => GunStationController => InteractiveObject => expertTooltip: 0

For all other guns, the same parameters point to appropriate tooltip number in menu.txt. See what I mean?
I already tried to add name and tooltips...No good. You can try the same , just to make sure...
Old 02-25-16, 09:36 AM   #43
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I already tried to add name and tooltips...No good. You can try the same , just to make sure...
Wait, I was going to give you a link to a patch I had created with menu.txt tooltips for the 3.7 cm twin gun and refeferences to them in its gun station controller, but you beat me on time. I am looking at some other settings right now
Old 02-25-16, 10:09 AM   #44
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Wait, I was going to give you a link to a patch I had created with menu.txt tooltips for the 3.7 cm twin gun and refeferences to them in its gun station controller, but you beat me on time. I am looking at some other settings right now
Tooltip is just a tooltip, I dont think that is the problem...Actually that was the first thing I tried when I was adding twin 37mm gun...

Right now I'm trying to make front gun player controlled. I think I'm very close...

There is a controller called "GunStationControllerPoperties" in conning tower's sim file (one for each gun bone, A1,A2,S1) and it seems that this is the key.

Very same controller for S2 bone (front flak) was missing and I've added it.
Still, I'm mission the appropriate "S2" slot in controller settings.
Do you know anything about this Gap??
Maybe I need to add one more bone to Cameras.gr2 file?

EDIT
Hmm, or maybe a new waypoint in waypoints gr2 file...

There is so much craps around all this...In almost all other games similar stuff can be done with just a few entries in cfg files , but not here...

Last edited by vdr1981; 02-25-16 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-25-16, 10:49 AM   #45
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Tooltip is just a tooltip, I dont think that is the problem...Actually that was the first thing I tried when I was adding twin 37mm gun...
Well, you never know what can happen when the game engine is looking for an object, and that object is not found...

Quote:
Right now I'm trying to make front gun player controlled. I think I'm very close...

There is a controller called "GunStationControllerPoperties" in conning tower's sim file (one for each gun bone, A1,A2,S1) and it seems that this is the key.

Very same controller for S2 bone (front flak) was missing and I've added it.
Still, I'm mission the appropriate "S2" slot in controller settings.
Do you know anything about this Gap??

Maybe I need to add one more bone to Cameras.gr2 file?
I don't think so. To the best of my knowledge gun slots have nothing to do with camera.cam. It seems to me that valid slot settings in GunStationControllerPoperties are hardcoded values

Quote:
EDIT
Hmm, or maybe a new waypoint in waypoints gr2 file...

There is so much craps around all this...In almost all other games similar stuff can be done with just a few entries in cfg files , but not here...
Again, I think waypoints are used for chracters linking. If your purpose is making the gun user-operable, I don't think adding new waypoints will bring you any good