SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-23-10, 08:44 AM   #436
ruferwynton
Nub

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Bf1918 Team needs ships!

We want to extend seabattles for bf1918 a battlefield 1942 mod!

We already have ships, but we would like to have more.

Are here some 3d-artists who would like to share their models?

Here on of ours!

ruferwynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-10, 05:41 PM   #437
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

ruferwynton. check your PM please.

Here is the AI unit list for the mod as it stands now. It may change a lot or a little bit for a variety of reasons. The merchantmen will take very little time to complete; obviously, the battleships are another story.

FRIENDLY UNITS

-NASSAU CLASS Battleship
-HELGOLAND CLASS Battleship
-KONIG CLASS Battleship
-MOLTKE CLASS Battlecruiser
-DERFFLINGER CLASS Battlecruiser
-DRESDEN CLASS Light Cruiser
-KOLBERG CLASS Light Cruiser
-MAGDEBURG CLASS Light Cruiser
-BRUMMER CLASS Light Cruiser
-NAUTILUS CLASS Cruiser/Minelayer
-V162 CLASS Destroyer
-V180 CLASS Destroyer
-Merchant Minelayer
-Trawler Minelayer
-Large Commerce Raider
-Medium Commerce Raider
-Gunboat
-Coastal Torpedo Boat
-Armed Trawler
-Naval Launch

-Seaplane
-Gotha G IV Bomber
-Albatros D.V
-Zeppelin
-Barrage Balloon

ENEMY UNITS

-BELLEROPHON CLASS Battleship
-ORION CLASS Battleship
-IRON DUKE CLASS Battleship
-QUEEN ELIZABETH CLASS Battleship
-REVENGE CLASS Battleship

-INVINCIBLE CLASS Battlecruiser
-INDEFATIGABLE CLASS Battlecruiser
-LION CLASS Battlecruiser
-QUEEN MARY Battlecruiser

-LORD CLIVE CLASS Monitor
-MEDIUM Monitor

-DRAKE CLASS Armored Cruiser
-DEFENCE CLASS Armored Cruiser
-CRESSY CLASS Armored Cruiser

-HEAVY Armed Merchant Cruiser
-MEDIUM Armed Merchant Cruiser

-WEYMOUTH CLASS Light Cruiser
-ARETHUSA CLASS Light Cruiser
-CAROLINE CLASS Light Cruiser

-PATHFINDER CLASS Scout Cruiser

-NIGER CLASS Gunboat

-LAFOREY CLASS Destroyer
-M CLASS Destroyer
-IMPROVED M CLASS Destroyer
-LIGHTFOOT CLASS Flotilla Leader Destroyer
-V CLASS Destroyer

-CRICKET CLASS Coastal Destroyer

-Minesweeper

-Armed Trawler/Armed Drifter

-Naval Launch

MERCHANT VESSELS

-HEAVY TROOPSHIP (45,000 – 20,000 GRT)
-MEDIUM TROOPSHIP (15,000 – 8,000 GRT)
-LIGHT TROOPSHIP (5,500 – 4,500 GRT)
-SMALL TROOPSHIP (3,000 – 2,000 GRT)

-HEAVY LINER (45,500 – 20,000 GRT)
-MEDIUM LINER (16,000 – 12,000 GRT)
-LIGHT LINER (8,000 – 5,500 GRT)

-HEAVYHOSPITAL SHIP (45,500 – 20,000 GRT)
-MEDIUMHOSPITAL SHIP (16,000 – 12,000 GRT)
-LIGHTHOSPITAL SHIP (8,000 – 5,500 GRT)

-HEAVY TANKER (13,000-10,500 GRT)
-MEDIUM TANKER (8,500-4,000 GRT)
-LIGHT TANKER (3,500-2,500 GRT)
-SMALL TANKER (2,000-900 GRT)

-HEAVY ORE FREIGHTER (10,800-7,000 GRT)
-MEDIUM ORE FREIGHTER (4,500-3,000 GRT)
-LIGHT ORE FREIGHTER (2,000-1,000 GRT)

-MEDIUM COLLIER (3,500-2,500 GRT)
-LIGHT COLLIER (2,000-1,500 GRT)
-SMALL COLLIER (1,000 – 800 GRT)

-HEAVY FREIGHTER (10,000 – 8,000 GRT)
-MEDIUM FREIGHTER (6,500 – 4,000 GRT)
-LIGHT FREIGHTER (3,800 – 2,000 GRT)
-SMALL FREIGHTER (1,800 – 750 GRT)
-CARGO STEAMER (1,000 – 650 GRT)

-HEAVY REFRIGERATED SHIP (10,000 – 7,000 GRT)
-MEDIUM REFRIGERATED SHIP (5,500 – 4,000 GRT)
-LIGHT REFRIGERATED SHIP (3,500 – 1,800 GRT)

-SAILING SHIP
-BARQUE
-SCHOONER
-SLOOP
-JOLLY BOAT
-LIGHTSHIP
-TUG (500 GRT)
-TUG/BARGE (1,500-800 GRT)
-FISH PROCESSING SHIP (1,500-950 GRT)
-TRAWLER (150-80 GRT)

-Short Seaplane
-B.E. 2 Recon Plane
-Fe 2b Bomber
-Sopwith Pup Fighter
-Sopwith Camel Fighter
-Airship
-Barrage Balloon
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-10, 05:46 PM   #438
ruferwynton
Nub

Downloads: 1

Thanks iambecomelife,

great list of ships! Send you a pm!

Hope you can help us!

Cheers
ruferwynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-10, 12:47 AM   #439
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruferwynton View Post
Thanks iambecomelife,

great list of ships! Send you a pm!

Hope you can help us!

Cheers
The Helgoland model has been given to you; check your PM for the link.

Thanks for your offer.
Old 12-03-10, 05:02 AM   #440
theschell
Seaman

Downloads: 0

Looks like things are coming along nicely

iambecomelife... got a question for you... i lost my archives of ww1 ship parts that i'd sent you when my compy died a few months back... if you still have them i'd like to know about getting copies of them sent back to me... if you are willing... let me know please?
theschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 03:58 PM   #441
theschell
Seaman

just a quick note... i'm not sure if you wanna spend some cash on reasources... but i recently bought a reasource pack from a site that had a huge package of pics, personal eyewitness accounts etc for the battle of jutland... also had full maps of the battle and even postcards of each of the ships in both fleets that took part... was fairly in-expensive at about 10$... would give you alot of the kinds of info you're looking for... if you want a site link i can provide it... was a huge package and might be quite usefull in your work on this mod...
Old 12-07-10, 01:31 AM   #442
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

remarkable ship list I, are they finished for the sim yet? or is that a working list? it is very impressive. With that, you can do most major periods.
Old 12-08-10, 01:35 PM   #443
theschell
Seaman

hey there admiral... long time no see.... i hope all is well
Old 12-09-10, 01:46 AM   #444
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theschell View Post
just a quick note... i'm not sure if you wanna spend some cash on reasources... but i recently bought a reasource pack from a site that had a huge package of pics, personal eyewitness accounts etc for the battle of jutland... also had full maps of the battle and even postcards of each of the ships in both fleets that took part... was fairly in-expensive at about 10$... would give you alot of the kinds of info you're looking for... if you want a site link i can provide it... was a huge package and might be quite usefull in your work on this mod...
It can't hurt; let me know what the link is.

And I tried again today to find your ships; once I find out where they are hiding you will get a PM.
Old 12-09-10, 01:58 AM   #445
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
remarkable ship list I, are they finished for the sim yet? or is that a working list? it is very impressive. With that, you can do most major periods.
Most haven't been started; some of the ones that are about 80% or more complete are:

-HMS Invincible
-HMS Mary Rose
-HMS Orion
-HMS Cressy
-HMS Defence
-SMS Moltke
-SMS Helgoland
-Light Collier

Some of these are likely to be redone due to inadequate detail and issues with S3ditor. However, with the Merchant Fleet Mod I found that after you got a critical mass of "good" ships, the mod practically built itself. Also, many WWI ships historically had the same parts; 6" guns were common on both armored cruisers and battleships. Most British BB's and BC's had almost identical tripod masts. No need to design each part from scratch - just make a "library" of parts and reuse.

Right now I am working mainly on interfaces and playable units (subs).
Old 12-09-10, 02:37 PM   #446
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Wonderful! I can't tell you how pleased and happy I am that you are making this mod, WWI has so little representation in the world of sims.... and your work is great to see. If you need deck or ship details i may be able to help you as i have been studying the Imperial High Seas Fleet and the Grand Fleet for many years and have commanded both in engagements for the Naval Wargames Society in the UK, and in waterline model engagements of many kinds and also have been working with a WWI mod for Destroyer Command called Iron Seas that modeled most of the major units but much less detail. I can dig for info for you if that will ever help and mostly want to cheer you on..for making a long detailed mod is a huge task.... but in this case worth every erg of energy you can put to it.

A remarkable effort! I had photographs of many of the ships you list inherited from my grandfather who was a commodore in the US navy and was on the Armistice Commission that was in charge of disposition of the High Seas Fleet at the end of the war..inluding bombing tests carried out on allocated german ships by the US airforce....sadly they are in San Diego and I am in Colorado...but as time goes by i may be able to get to them

Carry on and thank you so much.

ps remember German Torpedo boats were painted black often for camoflage but not always....

if you do the Scharnhorst class AC it would be great to be able include a surface ship mod that might allow us to do Coronel and Falklands
Old 12-09-10, 02:38 PM   #447
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Ahoy Chris. I am ok, had another major operation which resulted in my being in drydock again and in builders hands..hope to get to sea again soon.
Old 12-11-10, 01:22 AM   #448
theschell
Seaman

Sorry to hear that Admiral... i hope you have your sea legs under you again very soon... you have my best wishes for a speedy recovery and a return to fair seas

iambecomelife... the link is http://www.battle-of-jutland.com/ ... lots of reasources there... and the reasource pack is what i bought... it's massive... photos of ships, stats and information (tonnages, armaments etc), maps of the major actions... tons of eyewitness accounts etc... i was really impressed with it... money well worth being spent and i just got it for my own personal collection of reasources... but the whole site is full of good information...
Old 12-12-10, 08:33 PM   #449
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

The Royal Navy also has a fine archive and they are very helpful, they have helped me a lot with charts, plans and info on several occasions when working on ships or doing battle plans...
Old 12-16-10, 04:19 AM   #450
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
Wonderful! I can't tell you how pleased and happy I am that you are making this mod, WWI has so little representation in the world of sims.... and your work is great to see. If you need deck or ship details i may be able to help you as i have been studying the Imperial High Seas Fleet and the Grand Fleet for many years and have commanded both in engagements for the Naval Wargames Society in the UK, and in waterline model engagements of many kinds and also have been working with a WWI mod for Destroyer Command called Iron Seas that modeled most of the major units but much less detail. I can dig for info for you if that will ever help and mostly want to cheer you on..for making a long detailed mod is a huge task.... but in this case worth every erg of energy you can put to it.

A remarkable effort! I had photographs of many of the ships you list inherited from my grandfather who was a commodore in the US navy and was on the Armistice Commission that was in charge of disposition of the High Seas Fleet at the end of the war..inluding bombing tests carried out on allocated german ships by the US airforce....sadly they are in San Diego and I am in Colorado...but as time goes by i may be able to get to them

Carry on and thank you so much.

ps remember German Torpedo boats were painted black often for camoflage but not always....

if you do the Scharnhorst class AC it would be great to be able include a surface ship mod that might allow us to do Coronel and Falklands
I hope you're feeling better.

A surface component is indeed being considered, but considering that a beta for the sub component alone is maybe 1.5 years away (at least) don't expect anything exciting for the near future!

And yes, it would indeed be interesting to recreate Coronel. I have a great interest in British armored cruisers, and I would love to design the "Monmouth" and "Good Hope" (as I posted earlier, the Drake class, of which G.H. was a member, is definitely slated for inclusion as a submarine target). With proper interiors for the pilothouse and a couple other rooms it could be an interesting ship to command.

As for the submarines, about 3 days ago I decided not to use HMS Undine as a basis for the U-20 and U-35. I tried using the "USS Brooklyn" as a parent instead (turned out horribly) and then decided to redo it from scratch.

I got off to a good start - only to lose it all during a crash while playing Warband. Today I restarted the U-35, making sure to save my work, and got great results ingame. A smooth-looking hullform with low polys, and miraculously, no flickering/shimmering. Now I need to rework the stern and texture-map the whole thing. I may keep the conning tower as an integral part of the hull, because there will not be any CT upgrades for the U-35 during the war.

Pics are below (many details still need to be included). The model on the right is the U-35 from "Shells of Fury", which was only used as a reference - no parts were "borrowed".