SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-01-11, 03:50 PM   #571
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Can I also say that IMHO the first werewolf game was way better than the next 'stranded submarine' one but this latest offering easily matches the first one.

I salute you all mateys...very well played

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 03:50 PM   #572
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
How would they have known who was the guardian?
It wouldn't have mattered. If I was perceived to be unprotected, I would be an attack target. I wouldn't have been killed, but I would no longer have been a guardian with would have thrown a wrench into our plans.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 03:50 PM   #573
The Enigma
Seer of visions

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Yes Neal...I am a tad confused how I survived two encounters with a beast and would also be interested in finding out who attacked me both nights and who, if anyone protected me
Here is the answer to your question:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=550

The Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 03:51 PM   #574
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Yeah, did you attack each other early - and was that by accident or because you knew one was a werewolf?

We attacked each other. In the attack Tarrasque knew I was a wolf. I did not know he was a wolf. He said..."there is enough blood on this island for both of us." Via PM of course. Since he thwarted my attack I was almost certain he was a wolf. We joined to work together. We did much via PM.
Old 07-01-11, 03:52 PM   #575
The Enigma
Seer of visions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Neal, that was a fantastically good time. Thank you for putting it all together. You did a first-rate job.

And thanks to all of you who played. What fun it was!
I second that

[EDIT]

And this goes for Wendy too!

Old 07-01-11, 03:56 PM   #576
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

It was a great time. Love every minute of it!
Old 07-01-11, 04:03 PM   #577
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enigma View Post
Here is the answer to your question:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=550
So you were the second Guardian?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 04:04 PM   #578
The Enigma
Seer of visions

Yep, I covered your *ss

In my final msg at the game thread I more or less publish it.

Last edited by The Enigma; 07-01-11 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-01-11, 04:08 PM   #579
Bakkels
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 6

Very, very well played gentlemen!! Especially after reading the explanation by Takeda The end game was interesting, but at a certain point it just was clear AVG was a wolf. That's not his fault of course, he just got 'cornered' by the human's allied front. And at that point theres nothing one can do. (Great roleplaying btw AVG)

What I don't get is; did I get Neal wrong or something? I could swear that he made clear Jimbuna was a guardian in the narration? Something with a silver object?

Well anyway, I enjoyed reading it a lot.
But I got to ask, AVG: WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH COOKS???

Last edited by Bakkels; 07-01-11 at 04:21 PM.
Bakkels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 04:17 PM   #580
The Enigma
Seer of visions

Quote:
To this day neither The Enigma nor I truly understand just what happened at the nunnery! It was emotional.
For me, my stay at the nunnery was the hardest time during this game.
Not being allowed to write anymore msgs, nowhere.

I wanted to return, since I was pretty sure I knew the truth about whom being a wolf. But Neal told to wait until he said it was time and kept me waiting.

The positive thing about my stay:
I was able to prepare my speech and to check if my theory was solid as possible.

Old 07-01-11, 04:38 PM   #581
Tinman764
Chief

Downloads: 177

I wanna know who killed me I was also a seer, only had chance to investigate Nisgeis though I didn't contact him. Tried to investigate Rear on the 2nd night but got killed by 1 of those flee ridden mutts

I really enjoyed playing and also keeping up with the game though... Looking forward to the next one!
Tinman764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 04:42 PM   #582
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rear View Post
One thing I'll never get is why August and Nisgeis accused each other of being werewolves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
You should have seen the PM Nisgesis sent me. Talk about trying to be sneaky! lol
I never accused August of being a werewolf publically.

As I was a human and had no powers at all, I decided that I would lie cheat and steal for the game. Now being cast as an SS officer was a bit of a handicap as no one would believe 'Bob the friendly SS officier', so I went all out creepy :-).

On the second night (I thought the first would be too unbelievable) I send the two most obvious werewolf candidates a PM. These candidates I determined by absence, post content and a sophisticated spreadsheet the likes of which no werewolf had seen before. The candidates I got back were Ducimus and August.

August was wandering about saying 'Oh yes! We're definately human!' Which was ultra suspicious - he later revealed that he didn't understand the rules in that regard, but none the less it marked him as a target as it did AVG (he was always going on about being a simple gardener and nothing more).

I devised a PM, which was risky, as if the recipient didn't fully analyse it, fully understand the message, the results could be disastrous. I selected Ducimus as he was absent, but was still logging in to subsim regularly and I also knew that Ducimus would examine the PM carefully and respond according to its implication. I also chose August, who, with a post count of 10,000, I assumed was a man that would read, understand and consider what was layed before him before responding off the cuff. Unfortunately I was wrong.

I sent the following PM to both August and Ducimus:

Quote:
"Ah, <PLAYER>. I was hoping to catch you alone. I must inform you that last night in my altered form I tried to attack, but was told that I did not, as I recognised the scent of a fellow werewolf. It is fortunate I was able to supress my instincts and did not attack. Who knows what damage we would have done to each other."
Ducimus recognised this as a potential trap (as he was a werewolf) and said nothing - I think a better response would have been to say that he understood that I was human.

I was unsure about August's ability to comprehend the message, so I sent a PM to Hunter to say that I had rattled his cage, in case August failed to 'get' the message, which he subsequently failed to get and posted in the game thread that I had 'confessed to being a werewolf' which of course I had not.

To explain fully:

Werewolf A attacks Werewolf B - Werewolf A knows Wereolf B is a werewolf.
Werewolf A atacks Human B - Human B dies.
Human A attacks Werewolf B - Not Possible.
Human A attacks human B - Not possible.

So, you receive a message saying that a werewolf attacked you... And YOU KNOW YOU ARE HUMAN. This means that you SHOULD BE DEAD!

But wait a moment! You aren't dead! This means that THE MESSAGE MUST BE FALSE! Yes! That's right. The message IS NOT TRUE. So this means that THE PERSON WHO SAID THEY ATTACKED YOU DID NOT! And therefore they must not be a werwolf but... yes that's right! they must be human.

But you'd only be able to deduce that if you were a human! If you were a werewolf you would believe that the person who contacted you was a werewolf and you'd do all sorts of odd stuff like:

If you were a werewolf, you'd know that the attacker could be genuine and would have to decide whether to interact with the imposter or ignore him. As a panicky werewolf you might even try to throw said werewwolf under the bus and accuse them directly and name them by posting in a public thread about what happened - thus also destroying that tactic and rendering it useless for the rest of the game "D'Oh!".

I did try to explain this rule implication to August and what it meant, but he just didn't seem interested, which was a shame.
Old 07-01-11, 04:52 PM   #583
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakkels View Post
What I don't get is; did I get Neal wrong or something? I could swear that he made clear Jimbuna was a guardian in the narration? Something with a silver object?
That's what I thought, therefore don't lynch Jimbuna.

In review there was a glow that Jimbuna felt .... This for me was a definite sign that Jimbuna was a guardian. Named offcially as someone who had survived a werewolf attack at a time when all the werewolves would have been in lupine form and therefore a definite human.
Old 07-01-11, 05:23 PM   #584
Tarrasque
Lieutenant

Downloads: 44

Very good game all. Well played.

Cheers to Neal for running it all.
Tarrasque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 05:25 PM   #585
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Ok, here are the game notes I created before the game began:

Game NOTES and PLOT

Game consists of two groups, Brits in HMS Terrific, and Germans in Castle Collinswood. The roleplaying should begin along military lines, the dynamic of humans and werewolves should eventually supersede this and make the game more interesting--different players will react differently and some will be more and less likely to shed the Brit/German tags and play for survival.

Castle Collinswood is a ruins castle located in remote section of Finland.. HMS Terrific, after taking a pasting by Luftwaffe, sneaks in for repairs. They are surprised to find Germans, the Brits are taken prisoner. Germans keep them in a POW camp outside the walls of the castle.
Other setting elements: a path leads to a nunnery. Be sure to point out in the opening dialogue that only one man is allowed leave at a time. Some will be drawn to the nunnery like moths.

The Lighthouse is a ruin, the stair and floors have been destroyed by a fire from years ago. There will be a hidden chamber in the Lighthouse where Sailor Steve is hiding.
Interrogation dungeon, only one player can be locked here at a time, the Germans decide who, and the prisoner is safe from attack. It can be an enemy player (Brit) or a German player whom the other Germans are suspicious of.

During the Night, the Captain can choose one member of his crew to "escape"explore the area.

Tunnel is dark and blocked by debris. A player may clean it and gain safe passage to the lighthouse ruin.

Minefield has eight zones, four of which are safe, A, B, D, & F.

The woods are dangerous, but a player may venture through them one time.

Players cannot swim or fashion small boats to skirt the coast, the currents are too treacherous.

Plot Triggers:
· Dark spot in the woods: deep ravine, anyone who investigates is injured. He will awaken back at the castle wall, without knowing how he got there and cannot move around after being rescued. After the rescue, he becomes a secret werewolf and can move at night to kill.

· Any player who goes to the nunnery, stays at the nunnery and is safe for one day/night cycle. He is told in PM, none of the other players knows what happened to him -- he cannot post until the Narrator instructs him he has returned. He returns after one day/night cycle. If he is a werewolf, the sisters purge him of his evil power. He returns to the outpost with a scar 666 on his forehead. He can profess he is no longer a werewolf, if anyone will believe him.

· Minefield has eight zones, four of which are safe, A, B, D, & F. First player to go into the minefield through a non-safe zone is blown up, dead. After this, any other players any zones, no harm.

· Hidden man, cameo by Sailor Steve, in the Lighthouse. Basically, he will be an Easter egg, a man hiding in a narrow room in the lighthouse, surviving on honey, a pet sea gull that brings him fish, or something, maybe he stored a month's worth of salt beef and dry tack, and he can collect rain water, yadda yadda. He was staying in the castle alone until the Germans arrived. If a player finds him, Steve will post in the game thread with Official Discovery: Hello, I am will Tiresias. He will tell him where he can find a talisman that will protect him from werewolves (immunity). He can find it in the Widow's Den, beneath the 13th paving stone from the hollowed drinking scupper (or something). Steve will suggest the player climb over to the next nook and get a map of the minefield zones so he will know which zones are safe to cross. When the player does this, then Steve has disappeared and his part in the game is over. The player will likely go back to the castle and collect the talisman. A human with the talisman can fend off werewolf attacks. He can give the talisman to another player, but he must post in the game thread "I have the talisman and I "may" or may not give it to another player. Then he must PM the Narrator and the receiving player that he is transferring the talisman. Once he gives it, the other player may elect to keep it from then on. Only way you can lose the talisman is by being lynched. If you are lynched, the talisman goes to the first person who voted to lynch you. If a werewolf gains the talisman, he can keep it and prevent the humans from having this advantage.

Clues
Explore the chapel and you find a fragment of a journal, written by the lighthouse man, saying things about the island, "... and now the Germans have come, like the Teutonic knights, and the Vikings before them. The island will work its dark magic on them, and there will be blood and death. I must retreat to the only sanctuary there is on this island (lighthouse) and wait it out."

A Royal Navy tattoo on a werewolf game image

Red herrings:
The White Sands Beach is just a pretty place to chill, you can be killed there same as anywhere else.