SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-11-10, 03:40 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
I know you are supposed to install most mods while in port but can you install RSRDC while in port in the middle of a career? Seems like it might cause problems with the sequence of missions or something.

I was messing with my mods and started a new campaign and forgot to enable RSRDC. So can I enable it while in port next time or should I wait for my entire campaign to be over?

Must install in port, esp major mods like RSRD.Just have to start over
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 06:17 PM   #2
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

RSRDC is the career. It's entirely incompatible with any other careers you have.

It's not an "in port" mod, you have to start a new career entirely.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-11, 05:57 PM   #3
denny927
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 213
Uploads: 0

this mod really give other dimension at sh4....my problem was in fact no traffic or very poor traffic in a campaign, but after install this mod all change.installed trought jsgme over tmo2.2 and a lot of bunch of other different mods and no problem at all
denny927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-11, 02:51 PM   #4
mido
Engineer

Downloads: 191
Uploads: 1

I am very happy with the combination RFB + RSRDC but sometimes I get confused with the mission system. It tells you to patrol a certain area, usually 100 or 150 miles from a certain point for a certain time and sometimes when the time is over you get a new mission. All good so far.

Sometimes the time is over, usually 96 or 72 hours but nothing happens, the mission never gets accomplished, not even after a week or 10 days although 72 hours was the task. What am I missing?
mido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-11, 12:42 AM   #5
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

The missions have specific and particular requirements. There are specific tonnage requirements, within a certain distance, IIRC. I am a little confused about them myself, but I don't get too wrapped up in the mission thing. As long as you sink ships, you will do ok.

You can always send in a status report to get a new mission. I often like to just patrol 'at large', without having any particular mission. One problem with the additional missions, is that they may require you to travel rather far afield, to achieve them.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-12, 01:11 PM   #6
jahwillprovide
Seaman

Downloads: 55

So if Im going to install tmo, rfb, and rsrd what's the correct order?
jahwillprovide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-12, 02:12 PM   #7
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahwillprovide View Post
So if Im going to install tmo, rfb, and rsrd what's the correct order?
TMO and RFB (Real Fleet Boat) do the same things (changes in the game environment) in different ways, and WILL CONFLICT enough to cause real problems. Choose one or the other. BEWARE of using more than one 'Super MOD', UNLESS the two are meant to work with each other.

Run Silent Run Deep Campaign is one meant to work with other Super Mods. You MUST install the correct RSRDC to work with the Super Mod you wish to use - either TMO or RFB.

You must install your mods in the correct order so everything works together. The correct order is:
TMO (2.5) OR RFB
Patches or upgrades to the above if applicable
RSRDC (the addition SPECIFICALLY for TMO or RFB)
Patch(es) for RSRDC (NOT the Crew Fix - it conflicts with TMO, others OK)

You can install other MODs at this time, but be careful with these. Many were developed earlier than the present Super Mod edition. Some have been incorporated into the Super MOD, and therefore redundant, or may conflict with the Super MOD. One of the best, in this respect, is the 3D TDC and Radar Range Unit, but this Mod was incorporated into TMO 2.5, and would be redundant to install it again.

Here is my list of MODS installed:
RadioStationManager V1.2
TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
RSRDC_TMO_Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start
Convoy Routes TMO+RSRD
Fixed Zero Bomb Load RSRDC
Fixed_CD_sonar_RSRDC
IJN_Radar_Fix_for_TMO2
TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC
Underwater Fix
Black Spiderw + Rg circles-standard

BTW, 3D TDC doesn't work until you get a Gato or Balao (or Tambor) class sub. The interiors weren't worked out for earlier class boats (like S-Boats).

Good Luck and Good Hunting!
Old 12-29-12, 02:58 PM   #8
jahwillprovide
Seaman

Downloads: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger View Post
TMO and RFB (Real Fleet Boat) do the same things (changes in the game environment) in different ways, and WILL CONFLICT enough to cause real problems. Choose one or the other. BEWARE of using more than one 'Super MOD', UNLESS the two are meant to work with each other.
Thanks for the quick response! I'll be trying out TMO and RSRDC right now. Trying to make the switch from SH3 to SH4.
jahwillprovide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-13, 03:15 AM   #9
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger View Post
Here is my list of MODS installed:
RadioStationManager V1.2
TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
RSRDC_TMO_Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start
Convoy Routes TMO+RSRD
Fixed Zero Bomb Load RSRDC
Fixed_CD_sonar_RSRDC
IJN_Radar_Fix_for_TMO2
TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC
Underwater Fix
Black Spiderw + Rg circles-standard
Thank you for the MOD list but I am unable to locate the MODS highlighted in Yellow above.
If you could provide links I would like to give those MODS a try...

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-13, 08:42 PM   #10
larsonboram
Bosun

Downloads: 78
Default Failed to load up

Um...dunno if I'm doing this wrong but I only have RFB_2.0 on a V1.4 silent hunter 4 and I go to load it but then it doesn't get past the screen with the progress bar giving me alot of errors when I minimized.
larsonboram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-13, 08:33 AM   #11
Leemon
Watch

Downloads: 47

Firstly big THANK YOU for all mods around here to make SH really impressive game.

Just wanned get some info, im sure its lurking around in forums, but till now I was not able to locate it. Seeing some stuff in game files, I wanna check with You how actually traffic mechanics working on SH4 and RSRDC mod. My questions are:

1. Does AI single (single merchants or warships) ships are generated by probability around You or they actually traveling a assigned routes?
a) what about convoys?
b) Task forces?
c) Planes

2. If using RSRDC mod, and i found a merchant, does other time with identical situation (same time and same place) Me or other person with other PC, but same RSRDC mod will also found him as same ship, heading same bearing and on same speed?
a) What about convoys?
b) Task Forces?
c) Planes

3. Can someone explain just basics of editing a ships traffic, just wanna know how it difficult is to edit a single ship traffic?
a) Editing convoy route?
b) Editing task force route?
c) Editing planes appearance?

4. Also creating new or editing existing one mission, for non campaign, how difficult it is?
a) For single payer mission...
b) For multi players mission

I would be really thankfull for time to answer these questions, which is already headache for some time with trying found out it my self
Leemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-13, 01:13 PM   #12
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemon View Post
Firstly big THANK YOU for all mods around here to make SH really impressive game.

Just wanned get some info, im sure its lurking around in forums, but till now I was not able to locate it. Seeing some stuff in game files, I wanna check with You how actually traffic mechanics working on SH4 and RSRDC mod. My questions are:

1. Does AI single (single merchants or warships) ships are generated by probability around You or they actually traveling a assigned routes?
a) what about convoys?
b) Task forces?
c) Planes

2. If using RSRDC mod, and i found a merchant, does other time with identical situation (same time and same place) Me or other person with other PC, but same RSRDC mod will also found him as same ship, heading same bearing and on same speed?
a) What about convoys?
b) Task Forces?
c) Planes

3. Can someone explain just basics of editing a ships traffic, just wanna know how it difficult is to edit a single ship traffic?
a) Editing convoy route?
b) Editing task force route?
c) Editing planes appearance?

4. Also creating new or editing existing one mission, for non campaign, how difficult it is?
a) For single payer mission...
b) For multi players mission

I would be really thankfull for time to answer these questions, which is already headache for some time with trying found out it my self
90% Groups in RSRD are fixed groups, simply they always spawn once, follow the exact same course, speed, etc., to maintain historical realism. When building any group, you have a number of parameters and percentages that determine the make up of the group, spawn instances, generic ships. RSRD basically uses 100% probabilites and spawns groups once., except for sub hunting groups, planes, etc.. RSRD is historic, the only downside is groups have no random factors, so once you learn the traffic, you can always find it in the same place.

Explaining the basics of editing is difficult. There is a manual somewhere explaining how to use the ME. It's not that difficult, but it does take time to learn what each setting does.

Be warned making changes with the ME to RSRD can mess it up if you start making changes to the wrong groups as stated in the RSRD doc. You don't want to make changes to group properties to RSRD using the ME, change courses, etc. He did a lot of hand editing outside the ME, so the wrong changes can screw things up. It's not that you can't make changes, you just have to follow the same protocol he used.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-13, 08:50 AM   #13
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsonboram View Post
Um...dunno if I'm doing this wrong but I only have RFB_2.0 on a V1.4 silent hunter 4 and I go to load it but then it doesn't get past the screen with the progress bar giving me alot of errors when I minimized.
RFB 2.0 is not compatable to Silent Hunter patched to version 1.4.......only works with version 1.5 (either the Gold Edition, or the U-Boat Missions Add-on).

Always read the given documentation, or at least the mods "main" thread to learn what it works with. This thread we're posting in is the "main" thread for Run Silent, Run Deep Campaign (RSRDC).

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-13, 09:27 AM   #14
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201

Hi this is my modlist:
1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
RSRDC_TMO_V502

But where can i get these ? :"RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1"
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-13, 10:53 AM   #15