Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-25-05, 02:34 AM   #1
Chapeau
Sailor man

Downloads: 423
Uploads: 0
Default Musings on Destroyer Command

Some things I've done and am thinking of doing with units and scenarios:

Tried to get a Pearl Harbor scenario going. Spent hours trying to get some subs and a few ships that more-or-less look right to stay put at the new sub docks I added (where the hell are the deck apes?). Ford Island is a joke. XAFAirfield is worthless. Pearl is about as wide and deep as the neighbor's backyard kiddy pool. Sheesh. And there's no P-40. I can think of a dozen aircraft that should be in the sim. Sigh.

Put a grid of docks (bases) out in the middle of the Big P to see what their differences are. They seem to be all about or exactly the same size, am I right? Would be nice if we could target them like shore batteries.

Found a list of US cities with their lat and long in decimal, put them in the Bases.ini and got a whole lot of little ovals all over the place. Fun, but I think I'll stick with just the coastal towns.

Tried putting a Dutch sub into the Balikpapan scenario, I think I'll try it again, it should be there, you know.

Planning to make Wake, Midway, and Corregidor into armed and dangerous places for the Teikoku Nihon Kaigun to approach - Marines with 5in naval rifles would make for a warm reception for His Imperial Majesty's glorious ships.

Made up new ships playing around with the .UDFs, and planes too - Bearcat, Jack, Frank, and man, I sure wish they had made a Corsair. I want a Corsair. I want Leathernecks with big, blue, screaming F4Us strapped to their asses to make life miserable for the Nips on Okinawa.

Twelve I-400 class aircraft carrier subs launching their floatplane bombers (Rufes will do) to attack the Panama Canal.

Thinking of even more daring things for the aforementioned Imperial Japanese Navy to do; a major naval and air attack on... wait for it... San Francisco (evil laughter).

Rabaul. Truk. Tarawa. The Aleutians. The Indian Ocean. Iwo Jima.

Interested in the War in the Pacific? If you haven't found it yet, look here, this site is awesome: http://www.combinedfleet.com/kaigun.htm
Especially check out Admiral Fura****a's Fleet.

Well, this is too long now, Blue Niner out.
Old 10-27-05, 06:35 AM   #2
horsa
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 3

Yep lots of potential ... but lots to do

Missing aircraft .... maybe a reskinned verson of similar shaped aircraft might be a half decent substitute for the real thing .

Attacks on San Fran and other places really needs more port models ( or even just building models ). Technically the capability is there but it needs the right modders with the right skills to commit to a lot of work.

.... and you still have the mapping problem you mentioned.
horsa is offline   Reply With Quote