SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-12-10, 11:27 PM   #1
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Default Management Questions

I've started fooling around with SH4 UBM careers again, and a couple of things confused me. I'm using OM of course, but I don't know if these are related to the mod or part of the stock game. So I'm asking in the main forum, where I can start my own brand-new thread (and watch it sink quickly).

First, I got caught in a bombing. The engine room was narrowly missed (no hull damage) and every man in the engine room turned orange. does that mean they're wounded? And if so, is there anything I can do about it? In SH3 you moved wounded men to their quarters and put a medic in with them if you had one. Here I have no clue what to do, if I can do anything, or if I even need to do anything.

Second, Do I need to put the Damage Control team in the compartment or just activate them from where they are? Next, is there any way to ask how long repairs are expected to take? I tried clicking on everything in sight, and all I saw was orange equipment until it was repaired.

Boy, do I sound like a noob!
Old 06-13-10, 11:58 AM   #2
etheberge
Watch Officer

Downloads: 614
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
First, I got caught in a bombing. The engine room was narrowly missed (no hull damage) and every man in the engine room turned orange. does that mean they're wounded?
Yep. If you click on them and you look at the info at the bottom left, you'll see their health should have dropped to below 100. If someone has turned red, then his health is at 0 and the poor little guy is dead.

Quote:
And if so, is there anything I can do about it? In SH3 you moved wounded men to their quarters and put a medic in with them if you had one. Here I have no clue what to do, if I can do anything, or if I even need to do anything.
If you have someone with the medic skill (a green cross) you can try moving him in the same compartment as all the injured guys but I'm not sure that helps. I think just having a medic on board at all will improve their health but I'm not sure about that one.

Quote:
Second, Do I need to put the Damage Control team in the compartment or just activate them from where they are?
No need, just activate them from wherever.

Quote:
Next, is there any way to ask how long repairs are expected to take? I tried clicking on everything in sight, and all I saw was orange equipment until it was repaired.
Next to the damaged equipment there should be a red bar. If you hover your mouse on it, there will be a tooltip with a number like 0.56, that's the percentage of damage that the equipment has taken. It will go down as repairs are done. If it's at 1.00 that means it's destroyed and can't be fixed. Although I've sometimes seen stuff that was only .60 or .40 percent damaged not get fixed no matter what I did or how long I waited. I guess some stuff can't be fixed at sea at all, which makes sense.

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 05:26 PM   #3
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Wow! All my questions answered.

Thank you so very much!
Old 06-15-10, 11:16 AM   #4
etheberge
Watch Officer

Downloads: 614
Uploads: 10

Anytime Sailor Steve.

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 03:04 AM   #5
McHibbins
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 0

Sometimes it seems to work...but sometimes not.....not sure of it
Old 07-05-10, 09:25 AM   #6
Harmsway!
XO

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 0

I've also notice that hovering over the compartment title will bring up a tip with more information like time to completion. This has been inconsistent though. I've been wondering about this stuff too. Glad you asked.
Harmsway! is offline   Reply With Quote