Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-19, 06:36 AM   #1
PanzerDan86
Seaman

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0
Default TWoS CTD when starting new chapter

Hello everyone,

I've recently come back to SH5 after several years away and I'm so excited about playing the TWoS mod! It's looks really fantastic.

However, I'm running into a problem. I've started a new career in TWoS, and I've completed the first "Baltic" chapter. I then head to Kiel to "end patrol" on September 5th 1939. When I enter base I manually save the game in the bunker, exit to the main menu, then reload the save. Then I upgrade my boat, and select my new patrol mission (in this case the only one visible is "British Coastal Waters"). The problem then comes when I try to start the new patrol. The initial loading screen appears for 1-3 seconds and then the game just completely exits and I'm instantly back to my desktop.

I've been looking on the forum for the past several hours for a fix to this issue but I can't seem to find one. Is there any workaround available? Am I doing something completely wrong or missing an obvious step? I've read through all of the documentation on TWoS and I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything strange.

As a note: I've looked into the Wolves of Steel 2.2 Quick Start Manual and Gameplay Tips PDF that came with the mod download but I can't seem to find the same full version of the quick start guide on the forums anywhere, just a shortened version. Being able to use the online version of the guide would be great since I could probably click on all of the links contained within the document. Right now since it's a PDF version, the links are not functioning.

My game is the Steam version - I did a fresh install of SH5 and updated it to ver. 1.2 as required before installing TWoS. My PC specs are: Intel i7 4790K with MSI GTX 970 graphics card and 16GB of RAM.

I would love to know how to fix this problem in order to accept the next mission and start my 2nd patrol. Also, any insight on what I might have done to cause the problem in the first place. Perhaps high TC usage? Saving near the port maybe?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by PanzerDan86; 11-09-19 at 06:48 AM.
PanzerDan86 is offline   Reply With Quote