SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-17-12, 12:17 PM   #1516
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

In the MTL files exported by the app try placing the Ns and d parameters before Ka and see what happens
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 04:07 PM   #1517
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

Sorry,I was cutting up subsets

Yes,i have just try and that work ,now the exported .mtl from 3dsmax have the right values "ka"

the d and ns values need to be in first position in file ( before ka,kd,ks etc ..) and that for all subsets

try to import in editor -> error with the texture ,all is black or transparent ,but all materials are present

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 06-17-12 at 04:49 PM.
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 05:38 PM   #1518
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Yes,i have just try and that work ,now the exported .mtl from 3dsmax have the right values "ka"

the d and ns values need to be in first position in file ( before ka,kd,ks etc ..) and that for all subsets
I'll make the change so that Ns and d come before everything else
Old 06-17-12, 05:42 PM   #1519
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Cool

Can you add an option to not export the opacity map ? to try ? i have an opacity probleme !? (imported loose,without AO,use existant...)
other maybe i need to redo the AO object too ? but now the AO map is the opacity map ???

edit: to see something a need to disable the self-illumination render and add lights ( 3 directionals mini)

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 06-17-12 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-17-12, 05:56 PM   #1520
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Cool

Can you add an option to not export the opacity map ? to try ? i have an opacity probleme !? (imported loose,without AO,use existant...)
other maybe i need to redo the AO object too ?
Are you talking about the map_d?

Are you sure the opacity problem isn't because of the d parameter? You led me to think that the d parameter is backwards in 3dsMax and I asked you test something to see for sure. What was the result of that test?
Old 06-17-12, 06:28 PM   #1521
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

I have look the extendata the opacity and few other and all is good
show in .mtl and all see good :same values,maps etc ...

here with self-illumination without lighting :

witout self-illumination ,with lighting :

mtl :

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 06-17-12 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-18-12, 12:40 AM   #1522
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

My extendeddata deleter is now working correctly Now I can finally delete items that have extendeddata (materials, meshes, models, etc.)
Old 06-18-12, 11:22 AM   #1523
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Hello

Great news ,i go to try the v 1.1.245.1 now
other i wait the next version

edit:

Repport test v 1.1.245.1

- Import in loose ,without AO make error with the texture
- Import in loose mod ,with AO all work great ( with all optimize options enable)

some request :

In the "normal".OBJ : That seem the AO material eported as "d" is not used as AO map but to make transparent ?
other is not better to export the alpha channel from diffuse as opacity
eg : the plants in undersea.gr2 use the alpha from diffuse as opacity

in the "_AO".OBJ : can you delete the "opacity" material,we don't need it
and if you can export in _AO just one material and one uvw for all subsets ? (AO use just one diffuse (no alpha) map for the all room)
other that make me for the CT_body : 14 uvw maps and 14 materials (one by subset ,but the same material)

edit : one more thing

when exporting ,the editor can not write just the used materials by subset

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 06-18-12 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-19-12, 09:47 AM   #1524
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Been trying to track down a really nasty bug for the last couple of days. I added code to give the ability to remove maps from a material. It all works perfect as long as there are still maps defined for the material. Once the number of maps = 0 the extendeddata for that material has to be replaced with new extendeddata. Everything works perfect until the file is saved. During saving there is some rogue pointer overwriting the offset for the material's new extendeddata - this causes the app to think the new extendeddata for the material is located somewhere else when the GR2 file is opened and read thus reading in incorrect data
Old 06-19-12, 12:35 PM   #1525
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Yes,me i saw after few tests

- to have a transparent object (with opacity value) : the all mesh must be transparent (with all subsets) ,try of just one subset make black texture ingame/goblin (dito with lights)

- after first import ,the .gr2 ,need to save and reload to have the right texture and/or uvw (bug: need to redo the AO uvw again in 3dsmax and re export/import)

some progress :in connng tower

Today: i have weld the chepeng to the body ,and use the chepeng mesh "empty shell" for the bottle (detached from body) to make it green transparent with env mapping in .sim

and i have succeded ingame/goblin tested
(after some AO textures/uvw bugs)
try to change opacity value (after save/load the .gr2 otherwise: error)

OK ,all is great but too transparent ,change the opacity value again...
and in goblin/ingame make crash ,try to reopen the .GR2 in editor..
and all is OK ....
try to save it again : crash again in goblin/ingame
retry to re-open it in editor all is ok !!!!

take a look in granny viewer still error in the extenddata (i have other texture names in )

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 06-19-12 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-19-12, 08:11 PM   #1526
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Been trying to track down a really nasty bug for the last couple of days. I added code to give the ability to remove maps from a material. It all works perfect as long as there are still maps defined for the material. Once the number of maps = 0 the extendeddata for that material has to be replaced with new extendeddata. Everything works perfect until the file is saved. During saving there is some rogue pointer overwriting the offset for the material's new extendeddata - this causes the app to think the new extendeddata for the material is located somewhere else when the GR2 file is opened and read thus reading in incorrect data
Finally tracked down this bug. It was a nasty one! It all came down to duplicate pointers The app created a few duplicate pointers when it cloned the extendeddata. I have since added code that checks pointers being removed to ensure they exist before deallocating space and code that checks to see if a pointer already exists before allocating space for it. Problem solved.

Now I just have to remedy some embedded string pointer corruption that happens when you elect to add the 'necessary' pointers
Old 06-20-12, 12:25 AM   #1527
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Hello

Quote:
Finally tracked down this bug. It was a nasty one! It all came down to duplicate pointers The app created a few duplicate pointers when it cloned the extendeddata. I have since added code that checks pointers being removed to ensure they exist before deallocating space and code that checks to see if a pointer already exists before allocating space for it. Problem solved.

For the AO texture error in editor ,i have re try and to have the good one (no black/strange ) i need to import the mesh 2 times (the same .obj)

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 06-20-12 at 01:41 AM.
Old 06-22-12, 02:26 PM   #1528
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Bonsoir

Some news TDW

Me,i have little problem in the conning tower :

- I can't add material in the CT_Body Mesh -> adding material in editor is OK ,But in goblin/ingame error On meshes with only one subset all work fine
( and i need it )

- I can't rename some meshes (eg:chepeng -> now is the bottles)

What i have make :

- Detach few objects as subsets (Guns,helmets,boxes...)

- Attach as subsets in CT_body : Table,support sticla,stair and chepeng

- Recreate new meshes (with the "empty" meshes previously detached) to have control via .SIM ,that give me 4 meshes for : bottles (green trans now), and to add knobs for the TDC

- Reorganization of many subsets ....

Work in progress ...

I have found i way to not use the bec_submarine map to make lights (with a "empty" material as lens) ,Thank for the extented data

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 06-23-12 at 01:34 AM.
Old 06-23-12, 11:56 AM   #1529
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Repport test v 1.1.245.1

What's the error? What happens?

some request :

In the "normal".OBJ : That seem the AO material eported as "d" is not used as AO map but to make transparent ?

I thought you asked if the 'd' parameter could be used to specify the AO map? That's what I did.

The plants aren't rendering correctly with the app because I haven't coded in the color key part yet.

Are you talking about the 'd' parameter here?

and if you can export in _AO just one material and one uvw for all subsets ? (AO use just one diffuse (no alpha) map for the all room)
other that make me for the CT_body : 14 uvw maps and 14 materials (one by subset ,but the same material)

Yes I can make that change for the material. What is uvw? It is silly to be listing x different materials in the AO MTL file when they all use the same material

edit : one more thing

What are you wanting to see? I don't understand.
Quote:
- after first import ,the .gr2 ,need to save and reload to have the right texture and/or uvw (bug: need to redo the AO uvw again in 3dsmax and re export/import)

Currently yes you do in order to see the real material's being used by the subsets. Once I finish the MTL importer you shouldn't have to do this anymore. Still working on finishing the MTL importer.

some progress :in connng tower

Today: i have weld the chepeng to the body ,and use the chepeng mesh "empty shell" for the bottle (detached from body) to make it green transparent with env mapping in .sim

What is the error?

and all is OK ....

take a look in granny viewer still error in the extenddata (i have other texture names in)

What is the error?
Quote:
Me,i have little problem in the conning tower :

- I can't add material in the CT_Body Mesh -> adding material in editor is OK ,But in goblin/ingame error On meshes with only one subset all work fine
( and i need it )

Can you load it up in Granny Viewer? Are there any noticeable problems with it in Granny Viewer?

Why not? Do you get an error or ?
See above in yellow.
Old 06-23-12, 01:16 PM   #1530
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Hi TDW

What's the error? What happens?
Strange texture render in editor (but i think that come of the vertices numbers) now i redo the 2 (normal an AO.obj with the same numbers
and i have not more problems

I thought you asked if the 'd' parameter could be used to specify the AO map? That's what I did.
Map "d" is Not AO ,but opacity AO use another UVW "VerticeTexture" and .Obj can't contain 2 UVW "vt" (vertice texture coordonate)

Are you talking about the 'd' parameter here?
Yes,For the "meshe"_AO.obj we need just a diffuse map

Yes I can make that change for the material. What is uvw? It is silly to be listing x different materials in the AO MTL file when they all use the same material
For the AO is just one texture used ( just little things use another)
eg : in Conning tower all AO is on the texture : conning_tower_room_01.dds and just the "chepeng" use another : conning_tower_room_03 and support sticla (use door rust diffuse texture !!!!)
but i have enought place to replace the chepeng AO and sticla support on the conning_tower_room_01 texture
and i think is better to have just one AO texture by room !?

What are you wanting to see? I don't understand.
eg : after export in the .mtl all meshes have opacity,but only plants and think the trees use them !?
idem with the AO.mtl i don't think for AO the Bump map and opacity is needed

and all is OK ....

take a look in granny viewer still error in the extenddata (i have other texture names in) (i don't remenber what mesh,i have look ,but in Granny viewer in the texture extend data ,I've seen textures that had nothing to do there

What is the error?

When i import a mesh in editor the textures aren't good render ,i need to save the.GR2 (i open it with goblin and all is good ) and reload again in editor and all is ok
For the opacity value error ,now i have no more problems

( and i need it )
Can you load it up in Granny Viewer? Are there any noticeable problems with it in Granny Viewer?
No,Problem to open it in granny viewer/editor
But goblin/ingame make crash and return to Windows
(i can add materials to the mesh ,but not binding (use) to a subset)

Why not? Do you get an error or ?
Yes :

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
à TheDarkWraith.SilentHunter5.GR2EditorViewer.SettvM eshesSelectedNode(TreeNode tn)
à TheDarkWraith.SilentHunter5.GR2EditorViewer.SettvM eshesSelectedNode(GR2Mesh& m)
à TheDarkWraith.SilentHunter5.GR2EditorViewer.tvMesh es_AfterLabelEdit(Object sender, NodeLabelEditEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterLabelEdit(Nod eLabelEditEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnEndLabelEdit(NMTV DISPINFO nmtvdi)
à System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

BlaBla....

other little thing : i need to add one subset by one subset ,other if i add 2 subsets (in 3dsmax) when i import it in editor that make an error

But my big problem in moment is to assign new material on a subset ,the other things is not urgent

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 06-23-12 at 02:10 PM.