SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-21-21, 08:30 PM   #4036
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 817
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
What I do, is go into Nvidia into their... control panel dealio... & locate SH4's .exe, then dial into the settings for it... to lock it down to 30 fps... then accept that setting... & close out.

If memory serves... that is the frame rate that it was... designed for... if I'm NOT misremembering that info...

Dang it all... I seriously hate, getting older...

M. M.
pour vous monsieur Mad Madigan...
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-21, 10:49 PM   #4037
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Default Going to try again from Scratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That looks like mod soup... but I don't know how... that is part Stock, part FotRSU. Look at Rock Storm's pic below, and you should have perty yeller lines at certain zooms, as well as much prettier land graphics there... It sounds like you should have a clean install, but blow it up again, and do the game re-install routine, whether Ubi, Steam or disk. Just make certain to install the DirectX v9 and Codecs if prompted. There is MultiSH4 in the main folder after activating, and you could try to use it to create a new Save folder, like FRS or whatever (3 characters only), and that will keep it away for any cross-contamination. It does not "sound" like an LAA issue, though it could possibly be. I am more inclined to think "contaminated", but I cannot figure the "how". There is often a couple of PT boats to the west-northwest of Mariveles about the time you're leaving, and then there are several fishing boats and / or tugs roaming about the place also that you might encounter. But that NavMap is the main symptom... if I was only a doctor... Where's Bones when you need him?...

Those line signify 15 degrees of longitude, and approximate one hour time zone lines. There is a purple line, not as easy to see, that denotes a simplified IDL, mostly on the 180 mark.
Thanks for the advice. I've decided to uninstall the whole thing and reinstall it from teh Amazon download version I bought several years ago. I have done the install, deleted all known references to the FOTRSU mod (I keep them in at least two places, one still in 7z and the other extracted). Next (tomorrow) I will redownload the version 1.7, extract it to the MODS folder, run LAA, and try it again. Will advise.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 06:03 AM   #4038
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

It appears I had an incomplete download the first time. Windows Security doesn't like the files in the Download section - says they are highly vulnerable to hacking, but I hadn't noticed anything wrong.

The total reinstall from source and the second attempt at a download worked. All components are there, I was able to start a career at Cavite, the boat ran fine, I saw the Aux Carrier you mentioned, and TCx4096 was flawless once I got to sea.

I'm now going to try adding some additional features from the approved list and try another career.

Thanks for your assistance!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 09:06 AM   #4039
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
It appears I had an incomplete download the first time. Windows Security doesn't like the files in the Download section - says they are highly vulnerable to hacking, but I hadn't noticed anything wrong.

The total reinstall from source and the second attempt at a download worked. All components are there, I was able to start a career at Cavite, the boat ran fine, I saw the Aux Carrier you mentioned, and TCx4096 was flawless once I got to sea.

I'm now going to try adding some additional features from the approved list and try another career.

Thanks for your assistance!
yes you are quite right to point out .. because I have encountered the same problems as you going through the Edge engine, it is better is more reliable it looks like ..
Well
I take this opportunity to thank the "FotRSU Mod Team" which once again brings us a great gift at the end of the year. I really like it, it's nice (especially after the rotten world events of this year)
I also greet the members: Mad Mardigan & propbeanie & s7rikeback (thx for the database) & Bubblehead1980 (thx for your mod that thinks outside the box) & KaleunMarco (the technician tester) & Vickers (great interiors a "killing" the engine room wo.wouw ..) thank you for your patience with me; !! is especially with certain ... to help bring ...
Merry Christmas to all of you...
Okay now finally on patrol ...

Old 12-22-21, 01:26 PM   #4040
FotRSU Mod Team
Team Leader

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 3

We thank you for the "thanks", Kal_Maximus_U669 and others. But we do wish to clear-up the "team" though. The "team", currently is only propbeanie and s7rikback. That's it. Two guys trying not to drive each other nuts while wrassling with real life (it ain't been easy lately) and the mod mod world of SubSim. Mad Mardigan and KaleunMarco have both been valuable helps in the development, and in answering SubSim members' questions concerning FotRSU, as well as testing pre-release components at times, but are not "official" members of the team. Just to clear up any confusion on the "team's" members.
Old 12-22-21, 01:56 PM   #4041
Schiffmorder
Sailor man

Downloads: 4

Howdy and Merry Christmas,
I have a fresh install of U-Boat Missions from Steam. Can someone point me at a definitive step by step how to guide for getting this new FOTRSU going? I have modded SH3 a lot
but had the use of JSGME and Blitzkrieg's tools which made things largely automatic, particularly the whole moving of the game out of Program Files and I am fearful of screwing this up.

Thank you
Schiffmorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 02:50 PM   #4042
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotRSU Mod Team View Post
We thank you for the "thanks", Kal_Maximus_U669 and others. But we do wish to clear-up the "team" though. The "team", currently is only propbeanie and s7rikback. That's it. Two guys trying not to drive each other nuts while wrassling with real life (it ain't been easy lately) and the mod mod world of SubSim. Mad Mardigan and KaleunMarco have both been valuable helps in the development, and in answering SubSim members' questions concerning FotRSU, as well as testing pre-release components at times, but are not "official" members of the team. Just to clear up any confusion on the "team's" members.

Maybe, quality checkers... or "official" crash test dummies, perhaps...

Would not be... adverse to either, being put forth & considered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
yes you are quite right to point out .. because I have encountered the same problems as you going through the Edge engine, it is better is more reliable it looks like ..
Well

I take this opportunity to thank the "FotRSU Mod Team" which once again brings us a great gift at the end of the year. I really like it, it's nice (especially after the rotten world events of this year) (Official FotRS-U team members: propbeanie & s7rikeback)

I also greet the members: Mad Mardigan & propbeanie & s7rikeback (thx for the database) & Bubblehead1980 (thx for your mod that thinks outside the box) & KaleunMarco (the technician tester) & Vickers (great interiors a "killing" the engine room wo.wouw ..)

thank you for your patience with me; !! is especially with certain ... to help bring ...
Merry Christmas to all of you...
Okay now finally on patrol ...

BUT.. thanks for the thanks, Kal. even though, am NOT an official member of the team.

(Mad Mardigan (Crash test dummy, wall to bounce ideas off of, pursuer of info &... what if purveyor of ideas... NOT necessarily, in that exact order at any given day/time. (Side note: wise cracking subsimmer, whose sense of humor, is NOT always understood... at times. BUT despite that, still perseveres to show that weird sense of humor, nonetheless... ) )

That's Me, in a general nutshell...

M. M.
Old 12-22-21, 03:44 PM   #4043
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

How 'bout velcro'd crash test dummies?... lol

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 03:56 PM   #4044
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiffmorder View Post
Howdy and Merry Christmas,
I have a fresh install of U-Boat Missions from Steam. Can someone point me at a definitive step by step how to guide for getting this new FOTRSU going? I have modded SH3 a lot
but had the use of JSGME and Blitzkrieg's tools which made things largely automatic, particularly the whole moving of the game out of Program Files and I am fearful of screwing this up.

Thank you
Merry Christmas doubled, back atcha! The best article I have found for Steam is on the Steam Support Knowledgebase site Moving a Steam Installation and Games, which walks you through the "easy" ways of doing it. If you have a desktop with multiple hard drives, or partitioins that are usable, as well as a fast external drive and good connection, you can create a 2nd Steam Library folder on a different hard drive, and avoid have to move the rest of your Steam Library. No matter which way you go though, it will take a while because of the nature of Steam and its licensing scheme. As for installation / activation of the mod itself, page one This Thread has all sorts of info, a lot of it hiding in the "Spoiler" tag buttons, which are used to "un-crowd" the page. Also, in the mod itself, in the support folder, are all sorts of pdf files, of which at least two apply directly. "Activating Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition.pdf" and "Install Notes For SH4.pdf". The Install Notes is mostly for a "disk" version of the game, but most of it does apply to a Steam install, other than the fact that the Steam install does the DirectX v9 and Codecs parts for you "automatically" now... Once you have the mod activated, there is a "01_FotRSU_Support_TOC.bat" file put in the game's root directory, that can be used to start the "01_FotRSU_TableOfContents.pdf" file, which the pdf can be "run" on its own from inside the Support folder at anytime.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 04:02 PM   #4045
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotRSU Mod Team View Post
thanks, PB.
it feels good to have my confusion cleared up.
i've been waiting a long time for that to happen.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 04:36 PM   #4046
pitti
Seaman

Downloads: 782

MoinMoin Mod-Team. Thank you for this nice Christmas-Present. Very smooth, no problems (so far). Merry Christmas and a happy new year, you all.
pitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 05:25 PM   #4047
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
thanks, PB.
it feels good to have my confusion cleared up.
i've been waiting a long time for that to happen.

here I am reassuring ..
Old 12-22-21, 09:09 PM   #4048
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
the ad looks hilarious but i do not understand enough French to know what the two men are saying.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 09:47 PM   #4049
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
the ad looks hilarious but i do not understand enough French to know what the two men are saying.
Translation, via google:

Louer une belle voiture ca fait du bien. translation: Renting a beautiful car feels good.

No clear idea of what they were saying, either. I know some french, but not near enough...

M. M.
Old 12-23-21, 10:13 PM   #4050
FotRSU Mod Team
Team Leader

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 3

Merry Christmas to you all!!!