SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-04-10, 01:27 PM   #211
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADLOU View Post
I also get the error message when the mission is loading: File Not Found: data/menu/gui/Recmanual/CovFlagEgypt.dds

I can not get the mod to work even with alt-tab. I have a fresh sh4 install with no mod residue. Looks like an awsome mod and am very eager to get it workings! Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
Have the same error messages, but ALT-TAB helps out. Then, in the error message window, I click OK for about 25 times and then SH4 starts.

Gent's, i believe that your install is not a clean one, and you have things leftover from a previous mod installation. The reason is, Egypt does not exist in this mods roster, no units of any kind are being assigned to Egypt, so the game wouldn't have a reason to make a rec manual association with Egypt. Nor does Egypt exist in the stock game. So i think we have some mod soup action going on here.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 01:29 PM   #212
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

@Ducimus:

Yup! OM, RFB, TMO and 9D2.

But I deinstalled the other ones via JSGME before installing 9D2.
Maybe there remained some old files ...

Thanks anyway.
Old 08-04-10, 01:59 PM   #213
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Gent's, i believe that your install is not a clean one, and you have things leftover from a previous mod installation. The reason is, Egypt does not exist in this mods roster, no units of any kind are being assigned to Egypt, so the game wouldn't have a reason to make a rec manual association with Egypt. Nor does Egypt exist in the stock game. So i think we have some mod soup action going on here.
It appears that the directories that are added by the mods are not being correctly removed by JSGME. In the case of errors reported, there are empty directories in data/Roster. I have done a number of test with some different mods and see the same results.

Recommend that uses get a copy of Empty Folder Nuker, and run it on the data directory after a mod de-install to ensure a clean system.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 02:24 PM   #214
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 152

Seperate Installs + MultiSh4 = No Problems Ever!

- except when one gets bright ideas under influence...
Jan Kyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 03:15 PM   #215
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
It appears that the directories that are added by the mods are not being correctly removed by JSGME. In the case of errors reported, there are empty directories in data/Roster. I have done a number of test with some different mods and see the same results.

Recommend that uses get a copy of Empty Folder Nuker, and run it on the data directory after a mod de-install to ensure a clean system.
That would explain it. Thanks lurker!
Old 08-04-10, 05:24 PM   #216
MADLOU
Gunner

Downloads: 1208

I reinstalled sh4 again and reinstalled jscme. All works fine! You all were right! I had some sneaky mod soup brewin'! Great Mod!

One thing though... is the hatch leading to the sonar and radio room supposed to be open? It is closed in mine...just wondering..
MADLOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 09:56 PM   #217
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADLOU View Post
is the hatch leading to the sonar and radio room supposed to be open?
No, it's not. While having it open would be visually cool, I opted not to for two reasons.

1.) Quick access to radar/sonar area via F9 key won't work correctly.

2.) I think having the interior split makes it so the game renders one area at a time. Saves on system resources, makes less lag.

Doesn't lag on my system, but i try to keep lower end compatiblity in mind.
Old 08-04-10, 10:35 PM   #218
MADLOU
Gunner

Downloads: 1208

Ok cool. I hope you get the guy in the bathroom. That would be a real gas (pun intended)! LOL!
MADLOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 02:16 AM   #219
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post

If you have the folder locked in Windows Explorer, or locked because you have files in the folder open, JSGME will not remove the folder...thus the big warning in the JSGME User Guide - "Make sure you close all mod and game files before enabling. Not doing so may result in integrity problems and possible game corruption as locked files are ignored by JSGME".

If the (mod added) folders are not locked, they will be removed. I have done oodles of testing on this and the only instances where folders are not removed are when they are locked, ie no different to when trying to delete files or folders in Windows Explorer.

If you have repeatable proof of it occurring, pls advise the specific circumstance so I can repeat the problem, otherwise, your claim is misleading.

EDIT: And don't forget, many players uninstall SH3/SH4 and reinstall it again and assume it to be a "clean install", but totally forget about the residual files and folders that the uninstaller left behind. These files and folders carry through to the new installation, and have nothing to do with JSGME (all bets are off with JSGME as soon as you stuff around with your core install, in any way).

Last edited by JScones; 08-05-10 at 02:29 AM.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 11:36 AM   #220
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
If you have repeatable proof of it occurring, pls advise the specific circumstance so I can repeat the problem
As I have no wish to hijack this thread, I will pm you later today with details of my test case at approximately 8AM your time.

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 08-05-10 at 08:16 PM.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 10:54 PM   #221
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Breaking news:

Apparently American's cannot do a sub sim with historical accuracy. In fact, it's been said we don't want historical accuracy. So i guess somebody other then an American better finish this mod.

That is all.
Old 08-10-10, 12:05 AM   #222
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

What!! Who ever said that Ducimus? You're doing an excellent job, please don't let some idiot get to you, 99% of us know better and appreciate your hard work!!
Cheers.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 02:33 AM   #223
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
What!! Who ever said that Ducimus?
Some Yahoo with an axe to grind over in the SH5 forum started shooting his mouth off.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
You're doing an excellent job, please don't let some idiot get to you, 99% of us know better and appreciate your hard work!!
Cheers.
Seconded.
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 09:30 AM   #224
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergei View Post
Seconded.
Thrided

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 10:01 AM   #225
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Breaking news:

Apparently American's cannot do a sub sim with historical accuracy. In fact, it's been said we don't want historical accuracy. So i guess somebody other then an American better finish this mod.

That is all.
I completely agree. I think it should be the guy who said that in the first place. He must be better at it than you are. He's certainly a better game designer than SSI or Dynamix.

What, what?