SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-05-24, 11:22 AM   #16
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 816
Uploads: 0

Default Deck wash..

I would like to warmly thank @Derstosstrupp ... Peter in @THEBERBSTER..whom I contacted by PM
For their spontaneity.. they kindly provided me with this information.. and other information that I needed

I remind you of the very useful links of @derstosstrupp which are a mine of information...for lovers of authentic

Unique Targeting Shop:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WwBt-1vjW28JbO
Ma chaîne YouTube :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJ...9FXbD3S2kgwdPQ

as well as @THEBERBSTER for beginners with learning difficulties
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...50&postcount=1

Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-24, 02:58 PM   #17
Bernardi
Watch

Downloads: 7

i have spend the whole day today looking inside the game files for a place i could change at what depth the game considers the submarine surfaced or submerged without success.

The closest option i found was called "BelowThisDepthDontReceiveRadio" currently set to "14" i cant believe we woudnt have a similar option for visual contacts for exemple or binoculars use.

I did manage to increase the deck awash depth and increase the time necessary in rough seas for the game to detect the sub as submerged, there must be a option somewhere to increase the depth you need to be to have it consider you underwater... Someone like TheDarkWraith would absolutely know something like this but im afraid this guy doesnt come here anymore.

Last edited by Bernardi; 04-04-24 at 03:55 PM.
Bernardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-24, 03:09 PM   #18
Bernardi
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
To modify your appointment in your general TWoS - OptionsFileEditorViewer

then save and it's good there is no need to fix it..it's illusory..
Sorry but you probably didnt read the entire thread before posting this, i have already pointed out that is not the option we are looking for.

That option you mention only changes the pre-defined deck awash depth and not at which depth the game considers when the sub is underwater which again, im supposing is the value the game uses to determine if you can use certain things as for example: visual contact reports, binos, weather report, sextant, etc...

Also to the people debating the realism of peforming such tactic im thankfull for your input as it is always interesting to learn about these things but this type of debate only really serves to derail the thread from its original mission which is "Finding the value that decides when the sub is considered submerged in game".

Hope we can get back on topic.
Cheers

Last edited by Bernardi; 04-04-24 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-04-24, 04:28 PM   #19
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernardi View Post
Sorry but you probably didnt read the entire thread before posting this, i have already pointed out that is not the option we are looking for.

That option you mention only changes the pre-defined deck awash depth and not at which depth the game considers when the sub is underwater which again, im supposing is the value the game uses to determine if you can use certain things as for example: visual contact reports, binos, weather report, sextant, etc...

Also to the people debating the realism of peforming such tactic im thankfull for your input as it is always interesting to learn about these things but this type of debate only really serves to derail the thread from its original mission which is "Finding the value that decides when the sub is considered submerged in game".

Hope we can get back on topic.
Cheers
Hey Bernardi..

First thing I make no claims...I apply the modifications I want in the game...unlike you who don't understand anything..!!
I don't really like your assessments of my discussion...I have in no way derailed the son on the contrary...did you rework the entire discussion...?? I doubt it... otherwise you would know how to make the "deck wash" option work
in TWoS - OptionsFileEditorViewer..
I operate at 7.50 meters without problems..
do you understand what you are reading? I don't think otherwise you would know how to implement it correctly in the mods..
Peter clarified that the binoculars don't work..lol (this is intentional) for someone who claims to have read the file it's not great..
I have no problem understanding...Realism I play without help..Realism here is "relative" it is a simulator game which tries to approach realism...
Our "modder" friends have done fantastic work..which makes the game much more enjoyable, believe me..lol!!
I never play without mods..
Now I do not allow you to judge the discussions to know who understands what here.. I am here to help if necessary.. if I can... then it would be good for you to do the same.. thank you
I repeat it for the last time, everything works except the binoculars..
Ah yes this guy as you call him..lol.. he is a great modder "TheDarkWraith" and not a guy..
have you tried to contact him via PM I think not!!..stop your judgments and assumptions I will stop there with you and I will return to what animates me here..

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 04-04-24 at 04:50 PM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-24, 05:15 PM   #20
Bernardi
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Hey Bernardi..

First thing I make no claims...I apply the modifications I want in the game...unlike you who don't understand anything..!!
I don't really like your assessments of my discussion...I have in no way derailed the son on the contrary...did you rework the entire discussion...?? I doubt it... otherwise you would know how to make the "deck wash" option work
in TWoS - OptionsFileEditorViewer..
I operate at 7.50 meters without problems..
do you understand what you are reading? I don't think otherwise you would know how to implement it correctly in the mods..
Peter clarified that the binoculars don't work..lol (this is intentional) for someone who claims to have read the file it's not great..
I have no problem understanding...Realism I play without help..Realism here is "relative" it is a simulator game which tries to approach realism...
Our "modder" friends have done fantastic work..which makes the game much more enjoyable, believe me..lol!!
I never play without mods..
Now I do not allow you to judge the discussions to know who understands what here.. I am here to help if necessary.. if I can... then it would be good for you to do the same.. thank you
I repeat it for the last time, everything works except the binoculars..
Ah yes this guy as you call him..lol.. he is a great modder "TheDarkWraith" and not a guy..
have you tried to contact him via PM I think not!!..stop your judgments and assumptions I will stop there with you and I will return to what animates me here..
I dont know why you got so agressive but that is fine, based on your response i can only assume you completely misread what i wrote as im left screatching my head to what you actually mean, im sorry if i offended you in any way. Hopefully other people can chip in about what the OP wanted to fix.

And no, all of the rest doesnt work as i have tested it today extencively. I might have something wrong so if you could please demonstrate your sub at a depth of 7.5 and still being able to for exemple, ask the watch officer for a contact report, that wwould be highly appreciated!

see the image below to understand what i want you to use, try to click on that option on the bottom while you at 7.5 meters

https://imgur.com/a/2ZnJBkx

Im trying my best to keep this discussion on topic as much as possible, the binoculars are only but ONE of the things OP has mentioned, (other things that dont work at a depth of 6m include: "Head to View, Sending radio reports, maximum range at current speed report, etc.." we are trying to fix a much bigger problem here, realism is irrelevant in this discussion as much as i like some realism!

I would like to remind people that we are in the MODS section for SH5, people can make mods that give you GODMODE and NOCLIP for all i care, we are not discussing realism.

Cheers

Last edited by Bernardi; 04-04-24 at 06:12 PM.