SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-21, 06:08 PM   #11
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revus View Post
So, might have found an issue.
Its 1 Apr 43, 0700. 12-12N 138-16E. Just finished a whole night of surface attacks on a NE bound convoy (1 DE, 4 AK's) (quite the experience, tell yall later). While in pursuit, the sound of the engines changed and sounded distorted in some odd way, like static in addition to the normal sounds yo hear while going full speed. Once in position ahead of convoy, tried to manually track on sonar, but I couldnt change bearing on it. It was stuck at 000r, 000t and wouldnt turn. Automatic "follow" commands worked fine, but I couldnt follow them on my own, making submerged evasion a hassle.

Finished attack with a coup de grace on a dead-in-water HAKUSIKA MARU last night, sound issue still happening. saved and exited.
Came back to it today, same issue.
Had an issue last patrol where gunfire and impact noises were non-existent. I have a feeling it has something to do with the EAX mod.

Heres my list:

TMO
Nav Map MakeOverTMOUpdate
NavMApMakeOverTMOUpdatePatch
AlliedShips
Ships
EAXsoundsim_without_WebstersManeuver_TMO
TMO2_different_smoke
IJN_Radar_Fix_2
GatoLadder
TMONewDepthChargesType2
TorpexTorpedoesV3
SEA_LIFE

Took no damage from guns or DC's, but if its "broke" in sim, may just go back to port and end patrol for "maintenance". If its a mod list issue, hopefully I can salvage this one.

*edit: tried in a quick mission, and it works without issue, went back into saved game, still broke...

That is strange, definitely going to look into it. Honestly, highly doubt it is eax sound mod, have used it for years with no such problems, ever. The sonar stack and gauges stuck bug is usually caused by saving game when other units are nearby, especially other submarines. FOTRS also had same bug with AI subs as well. I did not have the bug in testing, nor have encountered on patrol.

This patrol, was this a reload after saving? Were there any other units in the area? Not just visual but anything audible on hydrophone, even if very distant or radar? Of course it is possible were just outside your detection, but were nearby. Were your engines stopped when saved? I remember the bug from years ago, all the dials, including sonar would lock up and one preventive step was to make sure engines were at all stops when saved. The sim, especially when modded has always been weird about saves. I've noticed on all computers have ran SH 4 with various mods from RFB to TMO, when sim reloads with mod weird things can happen....ranging from bugs like the one you encountered, to not crediting ships sunk or objectives achieved before save, or the "high in the water" ship bug where some ships are sitting high in water, where their props are just out of the water and thus can't propel themselves, or the torpedo bug where every torpedo will be a dud, run deep, or no prematures happen. Issues are not with every save, but does happen from time to time.

Thank you for the detail error report, especially with date/time and coordinates, will make it easier to track down any possible issues. I have a patrol running currently, do not like to tab out of the sim as can cause issues, but when back in port will run it down.

I look forward to hearing about your repeated night attacks on the convoy. Really is one of my favorite things in the sim. Find myself and a convoy in a large piece of open ocean, pursue for days, sometimes a week before, repeat attacks. Going on the coordinates, you are in area about 362 NM NNE of Palau Islands, roughly north of Ulithi and Palau in area Flower Bed. Nice open area of ocean. Were you ordered there or ?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote