SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-09-21, 06:42 AM   #1876
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

LOL the extraordinary effort has been put forth by the people who continue the accusations of wrong doing. It’s been how long now? 5 years? And nothing, Russiagate, collusion, Steele Dossier, Stormy Daniels, insurrection, and now the newly discovered hand written notes.

You want to know how long it really takes to find someone guilty when real crimes have been committed? Just ask Governor Cuomo.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 07:22 AM   #1877
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

With GOP senators and representatives, accomplices, accused, and judges and jurors all atre the same. Thats why there are no verdicts. The evidence is on the table. And gets labelled by the accused, I mean the jurors, as "fake news". They get away with that becasue they are also the judge at the same time.

Its hard to see the distinctions between Russia, Belarus and Turkey on the one hand anymore, and the GOP style of things on the other. The only difference is that in Russia, Belarus and Turkey many people fight, oppose and protest against the wrongdoings of their mposed "idols", while in America half of the people believe them and want them. Americans seem to want to get lied to.
Old 08-09-21, 09:44 AM   #1878
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
What a load of crap.

I wish I had a dollar for every crackpot theory that claims to have us figured out.
As I use to say about another country and its citizens

You can read hundreds of books and study for years and still don't understand their country because you don't know their inner child.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 10:46 AM   #1879
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Maybe it's not correct for me as an outside to laugh at these videos, he is not my President and I didn't put my vote on him.

Markus

Old 08-09-21, 01:04 PM   #1880
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
With GOP senators and representatives, accomplices, accused, and judges and jurors all atre the same. Thats why there are no verdicts. The evidence is on the table. And gets labelled by the accused, I mean the jurors, as "fake news". They get away with that becasue they are also the judge at the same time. [...]
Also Trump's idea to put his own marionettes into appropriate juridical positions. But still, will he be able to ride it out this time?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 01:28 PM   #1881
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Also Trump's idea to put his own marionettes into appropriate juridical positions. But still, will he be able to ride it out this time?
Trump has bred many a follower. Even if he cannot make it himself, and I do not take that for granted, many in the grand orange party have watched him how to bribe the masses and poison its minds, and learned the tricks. Santiz from Florida for example. Others get ducked with their face in the dust and still refuse to stand up against him, like Mitch McConnell. In several states the Trumpists try to change the legislation so to make voting for the unfaithful and disloyal more difficult if not impossible, and to pave the road to legally put any election result in doubt and steal the vote that does not declare them as winners.

Vote rigging becomes integral part of these states' constitutions. The courts will increasingly decide national and state elections. And not every judge is unbiased, and fair. And what can he do if he is bound to highly biased laws that were created with vote rigging on mind?

How weak and rotten the system is you can already see in the fact that after these many years and now a final demand by the DoJ, Trump's lawyer-accomplices still delay the handing over of his tax declarations. Thats maximum disrespect for the law, and the law does not get enforced, its enforcement gets endlessly delayed.

Too many rules. Too many exceptions from rules. Too many exceptions from expections from the rules. Too many appendices for the exceptions from the exceptions from the rules. Too many - I mean: the tyranny of a hopelessly overloaded bureaucracy and overloaded law system. Every juggler can juggle the paragraphs endlessly, just to keep them in motion and delay a decision until the end of time. Thats the primary function of a state's bureaucracy: to get tailored by those in power so that it protects their interests best. Can be a single tyrant. Can be a party, regime, or a parliament with several parties. Can be a complete social caste thinking of itself as "the elite". Trump's seeds have been sown. The harvest will be accordingly, even if he dies.

Thats why I think we must urgently learn how to best stay away from the US from now on. It has hit its iceberg, and its already some time ago.

We can have fun with our own Eutanic meanwhile.
Old 08-09-21, 02:59 PM   #1882
Catfish

We can now finally close this thread.

"The United States no longer exists -
according to Trump spokesperson Sarah K. Burris"

https://www.rawstory.com/country-doe...iz-harrington/
Is she more crazy than Taylor Greene? Is that even possible?

As a European I am looking forward to colonising the new territories

Old 08-09-21, 03:11 PM   #1883
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

^ If this is the case we can expect millions of American refugees seeking asylum here in Europe.

Markus

Old 08-09-21, 03:20 PM   #1884
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Are you suggesting that Trump is the first and only President to "put his own marionettes into appropriate juridical positions?"

I sure hope not.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 04:47 PM   #1885
Catfish

^ Obviously Trump was and is not the only one
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ederal-judges/

Old 08-09-21, 05:43 PM   #1886
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
^ If this is the case we can expect millions of American refugees seeking asylum here in Europe.

Markus
Europe doesn't look like such a bad place to live. It has lots of interesting and beautiful sights to see, amazing healthcare at a reasonable price, decent jobs that pay well and come with better benefits, tons of history to explore (I'm a history guy) and amazingly enough most everyone there knows multiple languages (including English) and there's usually a decent number of U.S. expats to hang out with in most regions of most nations.

When some (over here in the U.S.) think the snappiest insult to deliver is 'Love it (the way things are) or leave it'... it simply reveals their love of broken systems and the privilege they enjoy that allows for them to bask in its laziness. I love my country enough to fight for the nice things that the rest of western civilization enjoys. That doesn't mean I won't like to frequently visit, however.
Old 08-09-21, 05:49 PM   #1887
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
^ Obviously Trump was and is not the only one
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ederal-judges/
Yep. Very obvious.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 06:06 PM   #1888
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Markus
I don’t know how things are going on in Europe. But over here I think I have more options if the feces hits the rotating oscillator. Right now I’m noticing a lot of stores with empty shelves of certain items. I’m expecting further declines in purchase power, higher prices and even more product and food shortages once price controls are instituted in an attempt to reign in inflation. Good luck everyone.

Meanwhile: "The production, the sound, the lights, the staff, the food, the drinks - like, man, epic. Epic, epic, man," attendee T.J. Chapman, a music manager, said on his Instagram account in the wee hours of Sunday, adding: "Y'all never seen Obama like this in your life. . . . The party of all parties.".

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 08-09-21 at 06:35 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 06:38 PM   #1889
Skybird
Soaring

Written with the US on mind, but true for Germany and then some more countries, too.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...no-ncna1276221

Quote:
In the spring, we felt sorry for the vaccine hesitant, who were unable to realize the gift science had handed us and let their irrational fear of side effects or their disdain for Democrats deprive them of safety.

We felt so snug and secure in our vaccinated armor, assuming that their decisions, while regrettable, would have little bearing on our future. Now we know that we can’t escape the pandemic unless they change.
And there’s little reason to think they will. Vaccine doubters claim they’re waiting for the shots to be proven safe and effective. We are in a five-alarm fire, and they’re wondering whether the fire extinguishers work.
When the fire isn’t raging, it’s not like Americans are known for being careful about what goes into our bodies. We pop ibuprofen like M&Ms, ignoring the fact that too much can cause harm. We think nothing of mixing acetaminophen with alcohol, although that practice can be dangerous for regular drinkers.
Too many have invested too much of their identities in vaccine resistance (...)
(...)
Vaccine resisters may be blindingly sure about their future. Ironically, it is the vaccinated who bear the burden of doubt.
Those wood heads take us all hostage. And thats why I am turning increasingly aggressive and unforgiving against them.

The longer the virus is allowed to freely roam in the bigger numbers, the more opportunities it has and will use to form mutations.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-09-21 at 06:47 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 06:53 PM   #1890
Skybird
Soaring

If I remember the big stories of the past couple of years, fires, floods, pandemics, wars, lies and betrayel amongst our leaders, climate, energy, money meltdown and debt explosion, famines, desertifications, tribal wars in parts fo the world, I find it increasingly hard to not think of the present times in terms of an endgame for humans. Maybe we see the last scenes in the last act and just do not know it.

The world is so seriously off balance everywhere and regarding everything, it is hard to spot anything"normal" and "healthy" anymore. Reason and kindness are dead. Madness rules. Everything breaks. Everybody is engaged in destroying, may it be by intentional decision, may it be by inability to escape the frnezy and do differentily: it is not possible to not consume stuff.

Im so happy to not have kids. I have no hope left. Corona is my least concern.

We are too many. We are so damn freaking many. With these many people, there is no hope to escape the maelstrom.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-09-21 at 07:02 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote