SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-04-12, 04:04 PM   #9016
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I think i just realised why when using real navigation/position on patrol script the script doesnt work on reloading a game if i save current scipt to file button . If i press save script button and continue playing then when i reload will the saved script be difffrent to what the game GMT time is . IE i saved it when the script was Real nav auto position fix 16-20 and when i reload a save it is 0800 .
It will take a snapshot of the current scripts activated. It will reload this snapshot upon reload. Is that what you're asking?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 04:14 PM   #9017
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I was expecting a similar issue with hydro contacts. This is why I told you that just following the contact closer to the current hydrophone bearig, would be enough.

IIRC, while manually sweeping the hydrophone, there is a narrow angular range within which a single contact is both audible/detectable (within this range its name is shown on the notebook, close to the "send to TDC" button). Maybe you could use that range as range of your target acqisition sweep, centering it on the current hydro bearing.

Indeed, this wouldn't avoid te risk of acquiring another nearby contact, but it would be anyway an huge step ahead for us SH5 players; moreover I guess that even in real life it would have been difficult to discern between contacts so close one with another

On the other hand, if we got our target within visual range, we don't need to use the hydrophone that much. This fact makes the use of visual targets not so useful for hydrophone tracking. Nevetheless, you could leave it as an option, for when the target is in sight but we need to limit the use of periscope.

Ultimately, if you like the idea, we would have two new orders available for the hydro guy: "acquire and follow the nearest target to current hydro angle" and "follow current visual contact".
I found a way around the problem I mentioned I have a working hydro follow contact now. Now I just have to integrate it with the periscope's follow target so that if you ask the sonarman to follow the target on the hydrophone that you are visually following he will...
Old 07-04-12, 04:19 PM   #9018
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
It will take a snapshot of the current scripts activated. It will reload this snapshot upon reload. Is that what you're asking?
I think he means that there are several auto position fix scripts. Wich one has to be ran depends on the time of the day when we are starting the script. On reloading, your UI is calling back the same script saved in the snapshot, but possibly it is the wrong one, because the time of the day changed in the meanwhile.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 04:26 PM   #9019
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I found a way around the problem I mentioned I have a working hydro follow contact now. Now I just have to integrate it with the periscope's follow target so that if you ask the sonarman to follow the target on the hydrophone that you are visually following he will...
I am not quite sure to understand you

Do you mean that you have finished coding the "follow target at current hydrophone bearing" order, and that you want to integrate it with the "follow active visual contact" thing?
Old 07-04-12, 04:58 PM   #9020
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I am not quite sure to understand you

Do you mean that you have finished coding the "follow target at current hydrophone bearing" order, and that you want to integrate it with the "follow active visual contact" thing?
I have a new button on the hydrophone station that when activated will activate hydro follow target if:
- the hydrophone needle is within +- 5 degrees of the hydro contact
- the hydro display type shows something other than -

What I'm working on is say you have the scope raised and you spot a target. You could enable the visual follow target to start following the target. Now you decide to lower the scope but before doing so you ask the sonarman to follow the target on the hydrophone. He obliges and starts following your target on the hydro. You track the target on the hydro for some time and you decide to raise the periscope again. Since you were following the target visually initially AND you were following the target on the hydrophone the scope will automatically pan to the target and enable visual follow target again. If visual follow target was not enabled initially BUT hydro follow target is enabled then the scope will pan to the target being followed on the hydro.

There are some other things also but that's the jist of it....pretty cool
Old 07-04-12, 05:29 PM   #9021
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I have a new button on the hydrophone station that when activated will activate hydro follow target if:

What I'm working on is say you have the scope raised and you spot a target. You could enable the visual follow target to start following the target. Now you decide to lower the scope but before doing so you ask the sonarman to follow the target on the hydrophone. He obliges and starts following your target on the hydro. You track the target on the hydro for some time and you decide to raise the periscope again. Since you were following the target visually initially AND you were following the target on the hydrophone the scope will automatically pan to the target and enable visual follow target again. If visual follow target was not enabled initially BUT hydro follow target is enabled then the scope will pan to the target being followed on the hydro.

pretty cool you say

man, paraphrasing the famous song, I asked for water and you gave me... champagne!

Now you just made me curious to know what these "some other things" are. Whate else is brewing for us?
Old 07-04-12, 05:46 PM   #9022
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

Quote:

Tera Giga Mega Super Cool

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 06:24 PM   #9023
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Tera Giga Mega Super Cool
It actually is pretty cool I should've done this a long time ago. Very useful.

I have it so that it won't get confused when there are multiple targets along the same bearing line either. It will track the target you told it to track.

Writing the hand-off code now from the scopes...
Old 07-04-12, 06:42 PM   #9024
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

For those that would like to test out the hydro follow target only here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?0s3v2i2kkhvsjb6

Enable after my core UIs mod

Let me know what you think about it. You enable hydro follow target at the hydrophone station. In the upper left corner will be the familiar follow target icon. When the hydrophone needle is +-5 degrees of the contact and the contact type is not '-' then clicking hydro follow target will start the hydrophone following. If you leave hydrophone follow target enabled and exit the hydrophone station it will re-engage when you return to the hydro station (provided the contact is still 'there')
Old 07-04-12, 07:06 PM   #9025
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
For those that would like to test out the hydro follow target only here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?0s3v2i2kkhvsjb6

Enable after my core UIs mod

Let me know what you think about it. You enable hydro follow target at the hydrophone station. In the upper left corner will be the familiar follow target icon. When the hydrophone needle is +-5 degrees of the contact and the contact type is not '-' then clicking hydro follow target will start the hydrophone following. If you leave hydrophone follow target enabled and exit the hydrophone station it will re-engage when you return to the hydro station (provided the contact is still 'there')
I'll do it
Old 07-04-12, 08:18 PM   #9026
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Hydo follow target test 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?j3196my6845ke6t

New order category added to Sonarman: hydro follow target
If you have a target selected or locked in your scope/UZO crosshairs then this becomes enabled (visual follow target does not need to be enabled but can if you want). Once enabled and you click it then the sonarman will 'follow' this contact on the hydrophone station.

If you leave a scope/UZO station with hydro follow target enabled and you re-enter the scope station then the scope will pan to the bearing of the contact being followed by the sonarman.

Hydo follow target can be enabled/disabled from the sonarman's order category bar or from the hydrophone station.

When hydro follow target is enabled the sonarman will enter a log entry saying that he is following the selected contact (only English version currently)

Old 07-04-12, 10:25 PM   #9027
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

The more I've thought about re-enabling visual follow target after you come back to the scopes/UZO the more I dislike the idea. Here's the reason: You were at scopes/UZO and you had visual follow target enabled. You asked sonarman to follow target on hydrophone and he starts tracking it. You lower the scope and follow the target via hydrophone only. 30 mins go by and a fog bank rolls in while the scope is underwater. You pop the periscope back up and discover fog. It would be very unrealistic for visual follow target to lock back onto the target thus I'm canning that idea. I will let the scope rotate to the bearing the contact should be at though like test2 does

Great idea on the hydro follow target gap I'm having a blast with it hunting ships! Any more ideas
Old 07-06-12, 01:16 PM   #9028
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Hydo follow target test 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?j3196my6845ke6t

When hydro follow target is enabled the sonarman will enter a log entry saying that he is following the selected contact (only English version currently)

I cannot get it to work

I've enabled test v2 on top of NewUIs v6.9.0 patched to v6.9.2. Then, I've changed windows local settings to imperial system (british english) end restarted my computer, but every time I try to run the game, my main menu is messed up, with overlapping windows everywhere.

If memory serves me well, this is a common symptom of messed UI option file, or wrong localization. Now I am wondering if by saying only English version you meant SH5 version rather than windows version

Quote:
Great idea on the hydro follow target gap I'm having a blast with it hunting ships! Any more ideas
Plenty of them... are you sure you want to read my wish list? I see you are already busy with something else, but just ask me when you are ready for it...
Old 07-06-12, 02:17 PM   #9029
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
! Any more ideas
Quote:
Plenty of them...

Old 07-06-12, 02:28 PM   #9030
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I cannot get it to work

I've enabled test v2 on top of NewUIs v6.9.0 patched to v6.9.2. Then, I've changed windows local settings to imperial system (british english) end restarted my computer, but every time I try to run the game, my main menu is messed up, with overlapping windows everywhere.

If memory serves me well, this is a common symptom of messed UI option file, or wrong localization. Now I am wondering if by saying only English version you meant SH5 version rather than windows version
BIGREG is having the same problem so it appears I have left out one/more needed files from the test. I'll release a completely new version here in a few

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui