SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-14-12, 05:26 PM   #826
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akmatov View Post
Currently working my way through installing the various mods in Sobors List and noticing something weird. After starting my modding and checking in game to see if the game is still stable, the sub in the sub pen started bobbing up and down. However, it would stabilize as floating if I went over to the railing. Now, after just installing Equipment Upgrades Fix by the Beast, the sub just sits on the bottom of the dock completely under water. My walking over to the railing no longer lures it to the surface.

Hopefully, the next mod or two with change this behavior, otherwise I will have to use scuba gear to board my ship.

Oh, and the English version of MCCD, More Crew Commands, Mod causes a CTD during loading. But the German version loads up fine. Grrrr, mein Deutsch ist nicht gut genug fur Uboaterunging.
Use the MEP file to load the mods in the exact order i have them . Started playing the current campaign on the 23/10 . Save number 59 .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-12, 06:17 PM   #827
Akmatov
Seaman

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

OK, I'll try the MEP, but I'm loading each mod while carefully watching your mod list - but maybe I goofed somewhere.

Just loaded the NewUIs by TheDarkWraith and I'm getting this group of four boxed, two long blank rectangles over two superimposed squares in the middle of the screen - one labeled OK.

As I said off to try the MEP method, still getting used to this system - and that is before I even try to leave port.
Akmatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-12, 06:19 PM   #828
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akmatov View Post
OK, I'll try the MEP, but I'm loading each mod while carefully watching your mod list - but maybe I goofed somewhere.

Just loaded the NewUIs by TheDarkWraith and I'm getting this group of four boxed, two long blank rectangles over two superimposed squares in the middle of the screen - one labeled OK.

As I said off to try the MEP method, still getting used to this system - and that is before I even try to leave port.
Look inside the extracted folder for the individual mods . Dont just enable the whole thing . Patch the game to 1.2 first .
Old 11-14-12, 07:21 PM   #829
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Your main sH5 folder should look exactly like this
Old 11-15-12, 05:08 PM   #830
shadows6
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0

Thanks mate, after all the time I got an urge to try a patched version of SH5 again, thanks to your mods list it's a much better game than it was when it came out 2 years ago.

Best regards.
shadows6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 04:09 AM   #831
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

If anyone wants a crew mod then i suggest this New UI compatible mod placed last in the mod enabler .
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/97170234/SH...0TDW%20UIs.zip

View the page here.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...0&postcount=99
Old 11-16-12, 09:33 AM   #832
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

wonderful mod I almost step sh5
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 02:23 PM   #833
The Fishlord
Planesman

Downloads: 119

Wow, I basically quit this game a few weeks after release to wait for mods to come out...and now I come back and see a massive list of good mods to fix up all the little nagging things in the game. You guys are really amazing, it'll take me a few days to download all this. Thanks!
The Fishlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-12, 02:32 PM   #834
timbuktu
Nub

Downloads: 36
Default TDW Patcher

I see that you now cite the TDW patcher as a 'must have' in this new edition of your mod list.

This is sad to read as I unfortunately bought the Steam version on launch and it's now nearly impossible for me to come across a copy of the DVD.

I ask if the patch is a 'must have' in the sense that the mod soup just won't work without it? Or it's just very recomended due to all the fixes it brings etc and it won't be a deal-breaker if I don't have it installed?

I understand that the Steam version has some peculiarities reagarding it's .exe file that make it really hard to create a working patch for it.

But are there any chances that in the future we can see any sort of workaround on this, and be able to bring our steam version of the game to full power with the excellent mods that this community has been developing?

Thank you very much!
timbuktu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-12, 06:06 PM   #835
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Re the patcher . The hydrophone fix alone is worth its weight in gold . I love the no crew spotting with scopes patch as well .
Old 11-17-12, 06:08 PM   #836
Zander
A-ganger

Downloads: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbuktu View Post
I see that you now cite the TDW patcher as a 'must have' in this new edition of your mod list.

This is sad to read as I unfortunately bought the Steam version on launch and it's now nearly impossible for me to come across a copy of the DVD.

I ask if the patch is a 'must have' in the sense that the mod soup just won't work without it? Or it's just very recomended due to all the fixes it brings etc and it won't be a deal-breaker if I don't have it installed?

I understand that the Steam version has some peculiarities reagarding it's .exe file that make it really hard to create a working patch for it.

But are there any chances that in the future we can see any sort of workaround on this, and be able to bring our steam version of the game to full power with the excellent mods that this community has been developing?

Thank you very much!
Scroll down on this page in the link.

here's a link to sh-5 by way of subsim
http://www.subsim.com/store.html
Zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-12, 07:29 PM   #837
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Anyone had the heavy fog yet ?
Old 11-19-12, 06:57 AM   #838
razanon
Watch

Downloads: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevyn View Post
Nope you not, doesn't stop me playing though.

for me, thats not a true fix... NO ONE can give me a solution? every 20 25 minutes, ctd with no error messages... loading a campaign, is not a fast thing, so maybe i prefer to fix the problem and play without ctds, only 2 solutions? uninstall sobers list, and play vanilla, or play 20 minutes, and 5 minutes to load again a campaign?
razanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-12, 10:19 AM   #839
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Anyone had the heavy fog yet ?

Your heavy fog looks amazing, sober!

can you post an example of medium and low fog, using your most recent fog mod?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-12, 12:56 PM   #840
von faust
Soundman

Downloads: 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by razanon View Post
for me, thats not a true fix... NO ONE can give me a solution? every 20 25 minutes, ctd with no error messages... loading a campaign, is not a fast thing, so maybe i prefer to fix the problem and play without ctds, only 2 solutions? uninstall sobers list, and play vanilla, or play 20 minutes, and 5 minutes to load again a campaign?
I have the same problem
Whith "old" sober list all was ok, but now every 10-20 minutes CDT

I have:

1) Reinstalled SH5 and patch 1.2 (all save file deleded)
2) Dowloaded all mod list except "North atlantic.. and sober realistic underwater because I use external camera)
3) Modified TDW Option file
4) Modified Time compression in Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main
5) Modified NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_Real_Navigation\data\Menu\menu.tx t
6) Launched the game and after introduction/animation exit
7) Modified \SH5\data\cfg\CareerHistory
Change
HasCompletedTutorial=false
to
Ha
sCompletedTutorial=true

8) Skip tutorial and the rest of Sober istruction

Any idea ??