SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-13, 12:03 PM   #1576
mcabrear
Swabbie

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
Default Problems with protractor and ruler

Hi guys, I need some help on a bug I have with this two tools.

I have install sobers megamod and runs perfectly well with the exception of the protractor and ruler. When you try to use both of them and you left click your mouse to fix the first point, the point was marked in another place, far away from the center of this tools.

The compass is working well.

Do you know a fix for this ?.

Thanks in advance.
mcabrear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 05:24 PM   #1577
Daliaraptor
Swabbie

Downloads: 25
Default Emmmm...

Hey Guys
I try to come back to SH5 after a long while. This Sobers Mega MOD sound promising
But i got a simple question after new installation and official Pach 1.2. Is the TDW Patcher self installing trough the Mod enabler or do i have to manualy change stuff like said in some older descriptions on the Forum? Im confused about that...
Got not Steam Version!!!
Thanks for short replay

Cheers
Daliaraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 05:33 PM   #1578
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daliaraptor View Post
Hey Guys
I try to come back to SH5 after a long while. This Sobers Mega MOD sound promising
But i got a simple question after new installation and official Pach 1.2. Is the TDW Patcher self installing trough the Mod enabler or do i have to manualy change stuff like said in some older descriptions on the Forum? Im confused about that...
Got not Steam Version!!!
Thanks for short replay

Cheers
Hi and Welcone See if this will help you, more reading

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=197960
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=202346

Dem
dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 06:00 PM   #1579
Daliaraptor
Swabbie

Downloads: 25

Hi dem

Ok! I see, i have to do this. damn... Its kinde of a Mother MOD huh
And do i see it right, i have to enable the TDW Pacher MOD at the very end of all Mods?
Thanks!
Daliaraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 06:19 PM   #1580
dem
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daliaraptor View Post
Hi dem

Ok! I see, i have to do this. damn... Its kinde of a Mother MOD huh
And do i see it right, i have to enable the TDW Pacher MOD at the very end of all Mods?
Thanks!
Hi Yes

i have done the patch as in the video

There is 2 ways of doing it,

ps
if you pc is up to the job ,
sobers mega mod is good

dem
dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 06:36 PM   #1581
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Sobers mega mod Lite for those people with a slower computer . http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3979
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 07:31 PM   #1582
IVO
Loader

Downloads: 103
Default test

test
IVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 08:29 PM   #1583
garren
In the Brig

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Sobers mega mod Lite for those people with a slower computer . http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3979
I'm using the non-lite version but what kind of frame rates do you get in port (kiel)? I have a 790GTX 3GB and 12GB RAM on Windows 7 64-bit and I only get like 28fps in port but out to sea I get like 78fps with max AA, AF turned on at 16x in my GPU settings, Vsync off, max shadows. Is this common?

There is a lot of activity in port and lots of buildings, buoy, lights, smoke, etc to render so is that what's slowing things down so much . It doesn't matter if I lower settings either. I turned shadows to half-way and turned AF off in my GPU settings, turned AA off and all it did was make the game ugly (blocky) but the frame rate was still the same in port. I get anywhere between 20 and 29fps inside the bunker. Outside the bunker in the channel my frame rates are around 29 to 38 which is better (this is with settings on low or high it doesn't matter) and out to sea they improve dramatically (double or triple the frame rates). Even in a large convoy I was getting 56 to 68fps which is awesome. It's just the ports, namely inside the bunker that is slow. I have to wonder if I get these frame rates with a 790GTX 3gb, others with lower end cards would be getting like 5 to 10 fps in the bunker which is like a slide show. So why are the frame rates so bad in the bunker? Is there a mod that slows things down inside the bunker in your MEP list?
garren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 08:45 PM   #1584
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by garren View Post
I'm using the non-lite version but what kind of frame rates do you get in port (kiel)? I have a 790GTX 3GB and 12GB RAM on Windows 7 64-bit and I only get like 28fps in port but out to sea I get like 78fps with max AA, AF turned on at 16x in my GPU settings, Vsync off, max shadows. Is this common?

There is a lot of activity in port and lots of buildings, buoy, lights, smoke, etc to render so is that what's slowing things down so much . It doesn't matter if I lower settings either. I turned shadows to half-way and turned AF off in my GPU settings, turned AA off and all it did was make the game ugly (blocky) but the frame rate was still the same in port. I get anywhere between 20 and 29fps inside the bunker. Outside the bunker in the channel my frame rates are around 29 to 38 which is better (this is with settings on low or high it doesn't matter) and out to sea they improve dramatically (double or triple the frame rates). Even in a large convoy I was getting 56 to 68fps which is awesome. It's just the ports, namely inside the bunker that is slow. I have to wonder if I get these frame rates with a 790GTX 3gb, others with lower end cards would be getting like 5 to 10 fps in the bunker which is like a slide show. So why are the frame rates so bad in the bunker? Is there a mod that slows things down inside the bunker in your MEP list?
Thats just the way it is with Open Horisons . There so much happening in the ports . If you use OH2 lite you get Frame rates the same as you do in the open sea . Do you use AA box filter and Multisampling in the CCC .
Old 02-27-13, 09:41 PM   #1585
garren
In the Brig

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Thats just the way it is with Open Horisons . There so much happening in the ports . If you use OH2 lite you get Frame rates the same as you do in the open sea . Do you use AA box filter and Multisampling in the CCC .
I don't have CCC because I have an Nvidia 790GTX card. I'm not using multisampling AA. Just in-game AA. I've got AF set at 16x in the Nvidia settings.

There's an option to "enhance" the in-game AA and I can set that from 2x all the way up to Multi-GPU 64CSAA but I think that would kill my graphics card. LOL!

It's playable enough. Not like I have to deal with being in the bunker for too long and in the port channel the frame rate is smooth enough at 30+ (I get around 38 so it's certainly playable and smooth).

I was just wondering if it was normal. So it's the "Open Horizons 2" mod I'm using that's causing this? Fair enough. I like all the eye-candy in it so I'll leave it running. Like I said, I don't spend a lot of time in the bunker and the 25fps I get in the bunker is not too bad really. It's worth the price for all the extras OH2 offers once I get out of the bunker.
garren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 05:51 AM   #1586
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Nice video Matthew
Old 02-28-13, 06:11 AM   #1587
Olzeen
Mate

Downloads: 332
Default access violation

need help sober...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg access violation.jpg (94.6 KB, 29 views)
Olzeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 06:16 AM   #1588
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olzeen View Post
need help sober...
It does that sometimes . Unenable all the mods and download the MEP file again .
Old 02-28-13, 08:10 AM   #1589
Olzeen
Mate

Downloads: 332
Default another problem

hi sober.... thanks for your help... problem solved...my fault.

btw.
The bulbs do not glow in my boat. same thing at night when I go to red light .. do you have any idea what's wrong? Is this nvidia-specific?

thanks ....

my sys specs...

amd fx8
gtx 570 nvidia
16gb ram
vista ultimate 64bit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lightning.jpg (89.9 KB, 22 views)
Olzeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 08:51 AM   #1590
dem
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olzeen View Post
hi sober.... thanks for your help... problem solved...my fault.

btw.
The bulbs do not glow in my boat. same thing at night when I go to red light .. do you have any idea what's wrong? Is this nvidia-specific?

thanks ....

my sys specs...

amd fx8
gtx 570 nvidia
16gb ram
vista ultimate 64bit
Hi this is what you need

SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.1_NVidia_Fix
http://www.norapidsearch.com/no-rapid-id/359fb7dbhfi0

This is the order i have it in

SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch