Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-11, 04:14 PM   #1
kgsuarez
Planesman

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0
Default Aces of the Deep refueling

I was playing around last night, just testing various details about how the game was programmed.

I tried running aground to see what kind of damage I would sustain. I stayed surfaced and manned the AA guns when a plane was sighted. He dropped his bombs, failed to damage me and just kept flying above me in circles. He called his friends and soon I had about six planes around me. None of them could sink me, but I couldn't shoot any of them down either. Not even after several hours.

I noticed that if you travel with your engines in reverse you burn through fuel extremely fast. I wanted to see what would happen when I finally ran out. When I got very low my crew said I should contact BdU. So I did. And BdU told me to rendezvous with another U-boat. Interesting.

I went ahead and plotted a course for the rendezvous point, and I could even see a yellow square where the other U-boat was supposed to be.

I could never make contact with him though. I just kept chasing his yellow square on the navigational map. I never made visual contact with him on the tactical chart. Very strange.

Had anyone tried to refuel? Any success? I suspect that this aspect of the game was left unfinished for some reason.
kgsuarez is offline   Reply With Quote