SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-18-11, 11:31 PM   #1
Bookboy
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Officer injuries mod.

WARNING: This is a long post, skip to the last paragraph if you don't feel like reading.

Greetings everyone, I have recently purchased SH5 and after a few hours of gameplay I decided to come here and check out some of the mods.

While I will probably end up trying most of these mods eventually, there is a particular aspect of the game that is driving me positively insane by the utter stupidity of its existence.

Imagine if you will, a perfect cloudless day, smooth seas upon which a merchant convoy is peacefully burning and sinking, but you can't see any of that, because you are 50 meters underwater, attempting to avoid the destroyers that are desperately searching for you.
With horror, you realize that the destroyers have located you and are dropping depth charges all around, an (un)lucky particular one happens to detonate right beside your sonar station, rendering your hydrophone badly damaged and almost useless, as well as badly flooding several areas of the ship.
Recognizing that you are left blind without your hydrophone, and that the flooding isn't helping things, you quickly rush to your chief engineer to order him to speed up repairs and reduce flooding time.
But he can't do that, because that particular depth charge injured more than just your ship, it also so horrifically injured several of your officers that even though they can still stand, make small talk, and walk around the sub without issue, they have suffered a rare form of amnesia that causes them to forget how to issue orders.

Or, to put it more specifically, I have looked as best I can through this website, but I have been unable to locate a mod that removes that Frakking brilliant idea that Ubisoft had to make your officers useless the moment they so much as stub their toes, and I am wondering if anyone on here knows of such a mod and could point me in the right direction.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Bookboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-11, 12:42 AM   #2
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

TDW UI mod includes NewUIs_TDC_6_7_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo mod .

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093

After you extract it with 7Zip look inside the MODS folder for the main mod
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith
and all the other included mods including the wounded officer icon .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-11, 12:03 AM   #3
Bookboy
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Thank you.

Thank you for your response, I've installed the mod with little difficulty and am looking forward to having officers made from something other than glass for a change. (among other things I suppose).
Bookboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
injuries, mod, officers