Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-05-08, 11:57 AM   #1
She-Wolf
Watchdog

Downloads: 152
Uploads: 0
Default enigma noob wants a bit o help please

Hello folks. I have had Enigma Rising Tide Gold parked on my shelf for a loooong time, and when I came across it today decided I would 'have a go'.

Naturally, the first patrol has to be a trainer ( getting the feet wet?), so I opt for that, and as far as I can tell, I accomplish the goal of sinking the two target ships and shooting down the planes that attack me - but clearly I am not, because the Testing Officer informs me that I have run out of time for that objective.

I tried several times and on one of those occasions I was told I had done a good job, and to go to a certain location and depth charge a sub.

That foxed me. I opened up the Tactical map but couldn't see how I was supposed to know the exact coordinates, and found it all a bit confusing. Again I must have done it wrong because the TO again informed me I was out of time, and that he was embarrassed that I had failed ( again). After that I did not get any more new tasks when I started the mission again, only that of pot-shotting the moored ships and dealing with attacking aircraft, which seemed to go on forever. Then silence from the TO as to what next to do until I get the out of time message.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 10-17-09, 07:40 PM   #2
Major_Havoc
Nub

Downloads: 0

I too am having trouble learning this without a manual. I can help a little though. When the mission begins, open your tactical map by clicking on the symbol just under your A & B selector (which is to the right of the dive order button). When you mouse around on the tactical map you can set a waypoint by right-clicking. Your mouse pointer's coordinates are shown near the bottom of the tactical view as you move your pointer around the map. I've still not been able to finish that mission because after passing the first waypoint I'm given a second waypoint and tasked with depthcharging a submerged sub. I did figure out how to fire the depth charges but can't seem to sink it.
Major_Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-09, 04:57 PM   #3
EAST
Sparky

To find the submarine you'll need to slow the ship down, let your hydrophone guy listen for it....it'll show up. on Feet Wet watch for a blip North of your location...thats the sub...good luck.
Old 12-08-09, 01:40 AM   #4
Major_Havoc
Nub

It was an interesting game. I was able to defeat all of the sub missions but surface mission 4 in the German campaign stopped me and mission 6 in the English/Japanese campaign also stopped me. In the German one I'm to sink four milchcows within one minute and I have only four torpedos. Can't be done. I suppose my two companions should be sinking some but I can't get them to do anything. They fire, but sink nothing.

In the English/Japanese one I'm being attacked by two groups of four torpedo boats and I'm to sink all eight. I can survive, but I'm unable to catch the torpedo boats after they have exhausted their torpedos.

All in all a game worth playing.
Major_Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 03:44 PM   #5
EAST
Sparky

I've always been embarrassed by that milch cow mission. We had a guy working with us who was supposed to be the designer, his experience was in arcade game design. Due to some agreement issues we had to let him design at least 2 missions - this was one of them. Personally they are both terrible and shouldn't have been included...

The good news is, you can get them all (the milch cows), it just takes a little luck on the sea conditions and the route you take to try and hit them all. First blip you see select all your guns and aim them at the sub and tell them to fire at will. Then try different routes to hit them all.
Old 12-27-09, 09:58 AM   #6
Monterey
Watch

It can be done. It just takes patience. I have completed all of the missions several times now. Some of them took me many many tries, but I prevailed. You just have to come up with a strategy that works for you. Learn from every failure, and try to avoid what you did the next time. Good luck!!

Hi East!
Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote