SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-14-09, 11:59 AM   #1
U-84
Medic

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default puter experts

hey guys, another computer question, the older vets here prolly tired of me askin these questions from previous posts from the past. anyways, I'm looking forward to purchasing a new laptop, by mid-end spring...at latest early summer...I'm personally lookin at any HP laptop. especially got an eye on HP - Pavilion Laptop with AMD Turion™ X2 RM-72 Dual-Core Mobile Processor

specifications- 4GB RAM, ATI RADEON HD 3200 graphics RS780M Up to 1918MB total available, 2.1 GHZ AMD Turion™ X2, and 250 GB free space...All these listed are a huge boost/upgrade from my current IBM T42 which with SH4 installed it's so laggy that it isn't worth playing, which is why I've been stuck and addicted to SH3. will this new HP and it's specifications handle SH4 pretty well:hmm: ?

thanks.

Courage is being scared to death, but saddeling up anyways- John Wayne
U-84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-09, 01:53 PM   #2
panzer 49th
Weps

Downloads: 5
It is a decent laptop(beats mine) you should be able to play sh4 at medium settings, make sure you keep it cool, i burnt out the vid. card on my other laptop because i played sh4 too much :P.
Old 01-15-09, 01:36 AM   #3
McBeck
Admiral

Downloads: 15

If I were you I would REALLY try and go for the Intel Duo Core2 options - if you have them....

"I like subcommanders...they dont have time for bull****!"

Proud member of the Subsim army of zombies
Becks website
McBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-09, 11:20 AM   #4
U-84
Medic

whats the difference between intel duel core and AMD Turion™ X2 RM-72 Dual-Core Mobile Processor?

Old 01-20-09, 01:03 PM   #5
U-84
Medic

So i guess in total/conclusion, it should be able to run SH4 pretty good...:hmm: ??...I know that I could get a much better rig, but for under 700 dollars it seems like a really good buy.

Old 01-20-09, 04:44 PM   #6
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

U-84..before you go to the usuals for your laptop, check out Cyberpower. Just google them. You can get a lot of bang for your buck. I just purchased a desktop from Cyberpower, I will never darken the doorway of HP, Gateway, Emachine or any of the other usuals you find at Best Buy. Best of all, you can have them build the machine the way you want, very easy interface to pick and choose. I'm extremely pleased with my purchase from Cyberpower.

here, I went and got the link to laptops from Cyberpower

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/r05/ri05.asp

This one here is pretty much ready to go. Got some free goodies with it as well.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/X...2900_Notebook/

The best part here is the computer comes with the OS and he OS soley. No BS add on, come-on programs. You know, sign up for this and that. Get Golly G email blah blah blah. The OS is clean and it is up to you to choose what YOU want, not what HP or the others think you should have.

BTW, the one link I sent you will run SH4 no problem. Also, the inside parts are the same parts you will find in all the computers. There tech support is very good as well. I have not had to use them but the reviews and testimonials say it all.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 01-20-09 at 05:03 PM.
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote