Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-24-17, 01:27 PM   #376
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Left-wingers and Green Party supporters, however, tend to want it closed. There are fears that an airport in the city centre has serious environmental and safety risks.

1936 - Construction starts on Tempelhof terminal, designed by Nazi-era architect Ernst Sagebiel
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41361655

I would assume those who want it closed is not on the grounds of the past.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 01:28 PM   #377
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Also noteworthy: in Bavaria, it is the local sisterparty of the CDU, the CSU, filling the slot, and only there. Traditionally they used to win by absolute majority in Bavaria, for decades. This time they fell to around just one third of votes. Like for the SPD, for the CSU this is a historical all-time-low.

Merkel'S policies - mas smigration, EU, Euro, Fukushima and energy revolution - now show their results. CDU looses 8%, CSU down to one third, SPD in big coalition suffers historical all time low - and AfD, a wildy mixed Kindergarten of wildy mixed different egos, now is third strongest party, before FDP, Linke, Greens.
Old 09-24-17, 01:33 PM   #378
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41361655

I would assume those who want it closed is not on the grounds of the past.
Loc al resident sliving in the airports noise zone want it closed. The rest of the city want it open: business, and other travellers as well. Not only is the new airport already now deficitary in size, it also is qwuite far outside the city, and the traffic connection also is a terrible miscalculation. Tegel on the othe rhand is a bit like London City airport, quite central in the city, and traffic-wise well connected. It now is technically behind, because in expectation of seeing it being shut down anyway already five years ago, no investements in technical maintenance were allowed.

And Tempelhof is gone as well.

BER is a running gag. It costs millions every day to just be there, unused, silent, and not being worked on. Since years. Berlin gets heavily subsidised by other federal states - but it wants ever more and more to pay for its dreamdance ballets.
Old 09-24-17, 01:40 PM   #379
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
18:53 'Disaster for Merkel'

Jenny Hill
BBC Berlin correspondent

This is a disastrous night for Mrs Merkel. She's managed to win but this is her worst-ever election result.
What we're seeing here is Mrs Merkel being punished for opening Germany's door to hundreds of thousands of migrants. Mrs Merkel's campaign team saw this coming very late.
She urged voters to mobilise. Perhaps what we're seeing is that didn't happen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-41367497

Sounds a bit like our Mrs May went though, the polls showing she was going to walk it and then the hammer comes down. Mrs May wins but needs the DUP to get her across the winning post.

Looks like in Germany Mrs Merkel just got a loud message so will she listen or decide nuts to the voters.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 01:57 PM   #380
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Xenophobe right-wing German Ukip (AfD) with Gauleiter Gauland is now in the parliament, and he promises to hunt down his enemies and "wants his country back". Wow. YOU POMPOUS PRICK!

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 02:29 PM   #381
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

you are discussing the German election which toke place earlier today(voting station closed at 6 pm)

Wondering how your own politicians see this

Here a huge majority of our elected politicians are happy Merkel have won the election and will be the leader of Germany for another 4 years. While some other politicians are somehow depressed.

A majority of my friends are saddened thinking Merkel are leading Germany for another 4 years.

Some of them are glad AfD got about 13-13.5 %.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 02:36 PM   #382
Catfish

^ Frikorps Danmark?

Sorry. I know, those people are everwhere (depressed mode)

Old 09-24-17, 02:42 PM   #383
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ Frikorps Danmark?

Sorry. I know, those people are everwhere (depressed mode)
Resistance is futile.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 02:44 PM   #384
Catfish

Résistance..?

Turn the tables and hunt them down for a change.

Old 09-24-17, 03:38 PM   #385
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Résistance..?

Turn the tables and hunt them down for a change.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 03:54 PM   #386
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

This is what the Danish Prime minister said some hours ago

"AFD's significant progress - and government coalition even greater decline - can only be read as a warning to politicians who did not take people's concerns seriously enough, "said Danish Prime Minister Lars Løkke "

This Prime Minister is very positiv to Merkel and EU. If you should wonder.

Markus
Old 09-24-17, 04:14 PM   #387
Skybird
Soaring

Merkel would have loved to just have the SPD again as junior partner, getting a coalition of 53% majority in the Bundestag, and rendering the other parties and all opposition to the de facto one party system's pro EU and pro migration policy meaningless.More of the same as in the past 12 years she wanted.

Instead she now only can form a highly fragile coalition with the FDP, and the Greens, who both have many opinions that are incompatbile, and then there is the disaster of the CSU in Bavaria, which will illustrate to at least the CSU that they had to pay a high price for abandoning traditionally "conservative" positions in favour of seizing left/SPD positions to erode the fundament SPD, Greens and Die Linke could live on. The CSU will need to reclaim "right" voters that Merkel has left behind,m else the CSU soon will become an irrelevance on national and a minor party on Bavarian level.

So, the BBC commentator Steed quoted, got it right. This is the most negative scenario Merkel could have gotten (if SPD does not change minds and lines up with her again, but then the SPD will erode even further and can expect to get laughed about even louder in five years).

I do not applaud the AfD, they are a kindergarten and those who voted for them will soon see what they have voted for. But I also do not mind for them being where they are. I cannot force change and cannot make things differently and what I have to say on these things mostly gets by unheard/unread, and will not make a difference, so I am an observer on these things only, I refuse to defend for or against any of the existing parties, for me they are all the same kind of criminal garbage, and the doom of Germany, and Europe. Also, I see the causal link between Merkels policies and the EU-wide madness, and the rise of the "right" and the strengthening of independence movements everywhere. Since I understand the causal link between cause and effect, I cannot complain about the effect, that makes no sense - only about the cause I can complain. And I again have refused to legitimize the causes. I always will. Because: Hayek: "In government, scum raises to the top."
Old 09-24-17, 04:21 PM   #388
Skybird
Soaring

Ouh, and just btw: in Saxonia, the AfD is in front. They could become the strongest party there. Ooopsala.
Old 09-24-17, 04:51 PM   #389
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Instead of throwing dirty words against those who voted for parties like the German AfD or the Swedish SD(Sweden Democrats)

You should start to investigate to why these party have grown in popularity

And it's not because those who have put their vote on these parties has a low IQ or have other mental problem or whatever reason one may come up with.

Markus
Old 09-24-17, 06:34 PM   #390
Skybird
Soaring

We call it over here the "honest election result", it means that all numbers get transformed to include the group of non-voters in the result, which puts some perspective to things.

62 million people in germany were eligible to vote.

CDU 24.9%
N.V. 24.4% (non-voters)
SPD 15.7%
AfD 9.9%
FDP 7.9%
Greens 7.1%
Die Linke 6.7%

Interesting to see how many of the discussed 2- or 3-party coalitions would be impossible. Practically all.

Honest election results show better how relevant and representative parties' programs and views are in the wide public. They often all act as if the world could not revolve around the sun without them. But in reality they all represent just minorities, never a majority.

Also consider the fact that one quarter of the total population was not even allowed/able to vote: babies, kids, teens, elderly who are too ill (mentally), and so forth. These are not represented in the transformed numbers above. If you add their non-votes, the number for the parties would drop even more. Reduce them by one third, roughly. Some parties then would not even make it over the 5%-hurdle.

We see a general raise of mistrust and antipathy against poltics and parties and poltricians, throughout the West. I think it is important to supplement the official propaganda statistics with a widened view on these numbers, to pout them a bit into relation.

In France, the higher turnout helped Macron and prevented a march of the Front National. In Germany, turnout rose a bit, too, but here it has worked for a detrimental effect, it seems.