SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-01-22, 07:37 AM   #226
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Default Some more KSDII observations

So, made it back to Bordeaux, 18 Nov. 1942 (new campaign date is 19 Nov.1942):

Again, Zero airplanes in the Bay of Biscay, which might be because of the prevailing fog and unchanged weather we've had for 6 days, ever since passing the Canary Islands.

Note: I did receive a radio message from B.d.U. on 15 Nov., that apparently the big allied air offensive by the British in the Bay of Biscay, was completely halted in Oct.42 by the Germans, with the introduction of the "Fu.M.V. Station" ... maybe, that's why there are no enemy airplanes in the Bay of Biscay (?)

Mooring Crew: Yes, placing crew members in that station, will place as many (up to 6), on the forward upper deck.

Options for RTB: Just before arriving at base, a window pops up with the option to either, "Refit", "End patrol", or "Postpone".

I suppose, one can just refit/reload/refuel and go straight back out to sea, without loosing the "Dry Dock Time" at base (next patrol appears to be about 1 month later, i.e., 23 Dec.1942 (?)

Cmdr. received for 60,773ts sunk: E.K.I, Promotion to Ob.Ltnt.z.S., and 1720 Renown. Can't gauge, if this a lot or very little ...

The crew only received 1 E.K.I, which I awarded to the I.W.O.

Crew Qualification: Also, it seems, crew members without any qualification can not be given any, except by changing out the crew member. Is this so?

Note: A Midshipman (Fähnrich.z.S.), "costs" 100 Renown (with Watch-going qualification).

For Transfers: The only available flotilla seems to be the "Flying Dutchman Flotilla" (?) Does anyone know what this is about?
Old 08-02-22, 11:56 AM   #227
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

"For Transfers: The only available flotilla seems to be the "Flying Dutchman Flotilla" (?) Does anyone know what this is about?"

Can you post a screenshot? I have never heard or seen in the files "Flying Dutchman flotilla"

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 12:10 PM   #228
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
"For Transfers: The only available flotilla seems to be the "Flying Dutchman Flotilla" (?) Does anyone know what this is about?"

Can you post a screenshot? I have never heard or seen in the files "Flying Dutchman flotilla"

Mhm, I'm back at sea again ... not sure if I can load the "In-Base"-save, without loosing the game saves of the new patrol ...

Anyway, when klicking the telephone for transfer, the only option that is listed for transfer is "FD Flotilla" and in german, "Fliegender Holländer" ...
Old 08-02-22, 01:04 PM   #229
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Any Mods? I searched all the KSD files and that does not appear.
Old 08-02-22, 01:10 PM   #230
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Any Mods? I searched all the KSD files and that does not appear.

No special mods. Only what comes with the game pack:

- Real Patch 1.4 Full
- Patch 1.4.1
- KSDII_New Interface 1.4.1 - Salvo type label ...
- Convoy radio report ON
- English objective names
- No radio antenna poles
Old 08-02-22, 01:49 PM   #231
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Someone would have to explain things like this.

FlotillaBriefingText=30-à ôëîòèëè áûëà ñôîðìèðîâàíà â îêòáðå 1942 ãîäà ïîä êîìàíäîâàíèåì êàïèòàí-ëåéòåíàíòà Ãåëüìóòà Ðîçåíáàóìà. Ëîäêè ôëîòèëèè äåéñòâîâàëè â ×åðíîì ìîðå.

Old 08-03-22, 09:19 AM   #232
Niume
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Someone would have to explain things like this.

FlotillaBriefingText=30-à ôëîòèëè áûëà ñôîðìèðîâàíà â îêòáðå 1942 ãîäà ïîä êîìàíäîâàíèåì êàïèòàí-ëåéòåíàíòà Ãåëüìóòà Ðîçåíáàóìà. Ëîäêè ôëîòèëèè äåéñòâîâàëè â ×åðíîì ìîðå.

Found it !.
FlotillaBriefingText=The 30th Flotilla was formed in October 1942 under the command of Lieutenant Commander Helmut Rosenbaum. The boats of the flotilla operated in the Black Sea.

This has been translated in the upcoming version.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 08-06-22, 11:47 AM   #233
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
Found it !.
FlotillaBriefingText=The 30th Flotilla was formed in October 1942 under the command of Lieutenant Commander Helmut Rosenbaum. The boats of the flotilla operated in the Black Sea.

This has been translated in the upcoming version.

When do you expect the "upcoming version" to be released?
Old 08-06-22, 11:48 AM   #234
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:

Is it possible to upload a pic straight from the PC?
Old 08-06-22, 11:57 AM   #235
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
So, made it back to Bordeaux, 18 Nov. 1942 (new campaign date is 19 Nov.1942):

Again, Zero airplanes in the Bay of Biscay, which might be because of the prevailing fog and unchanged weather we've had for 6 days, ever since passing the Canary Islands.

Note: I did receive a radio message from B.d.U. on 15 Nov., that apparently the big allied air offensive by the British in the Bay of Biscay, was completely halted in Oct.42 by the Germans, with the introduction of the "Fu.M.V. Station" ... maybe, that's why there are no enemy airplanes in the Bay of Biscay (?)

Mooring Crew: Yes, placing crew members in that station, will place as many (up to 6), on the forward upper deck.

Options for RTB: Just before arriving at base, a window pops up with the option to either, "Refit", "End patrol", or "Postpone".

I suppose, one can just refit/reload/refuel and go straight back out to sea, without loosing the "Dry Dock Time" at base (next patrol appears to be about 1 month later, i.e., 23 Dec.1942 (?)

Cmdr. received for 60,773ts sunk: E.K.I, Promotion to Ob.Ltnt.z.S., and 1720 Renown. Can't gauge, if this a lot or very little ...

The crew only received 1 E.K.I, which I awarded to the I.W.O.

Crew Qualification: Also, it seems, crew members without any qualification can not be given any, except by changing out the crew member. Is this so?

Note: A Midshipman (Fähnrich.z.S.), "costs" 100 Renown (with Watch-going qualification).

For Transfers: The only available flotilla seems to be the "Flying Dutchman Flotilla" (?) Does anyone know what this is about?

Couple more points I noticed:

- Availability of Turms: Turm2 is needed for installation of FuMO30 and Turm4 is needed for installation of 3,7cm Flak gun SK C/30U. The 3,7cm SK C/30 should be avilable on all IX-type boat as of 1941 and the FuMO30 should be available as of Q1/42 ... BUT as of when are the two Turms available?

- Oxygen level in boat: From my observation, the Co2 level in a IX-type boat is about 3.4% after about 10 hours - definately time to surface and ventilating the boat. Is there any option to add O2 to the breating air in the boat, to extend the 10h time period?

Many thanks!
Old 08-06-22, 12:00 PM   #236
Kapitän
The Old Man

Default Manual Targeting

Is there a tutorial available for manual torpedo targeting in KSDIIAce?
Old 08-06-22, 12:06 PM   #237
Niume
Sea Lord

Quote:
When do you expect the "upcoming version" to be released?
There is no exact date but probably I will release the patch at the end of the august or september.

"Is there a tutorial available for manual torpedo targeting in KSDIIAce?"
Not yet. But the procedure is very similar to like any other manual tdc with RAOBF wheel

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Last edited by Niume; 08-06-22 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-06-22, 12:09 PM   #238
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
There is no exact date but probably I will release the patch at the end of the august or september.
Okay, Great! And will one be able.to install it via JSGME?
Old 08-06-22, 12:23 PM   #239
Niume
Sea Lord

Quote:
Okay, Great! And will one be able.to install it via JSGME?
The patch will be installed through JGSME or the patch will be integrated into the installer. It will depend on the changes. Because when editing files it could be hard to make it JGSME compatible. Downloading the installer which has the patch included is a more reliable way, because it eliminates user installation error and it is more simple for user in general and etc. The only downside of it is, that some people don't have good internet so they would have to wait for a long time to finish downloading.

But I believe this patch will be JGSME compatible.

If you are interested in testing new changes for the upcoming patch. You can join discord channel ( it's easier to communicate) or just write in here. Constructive feedback and critics is always welcomed.

Also have you encountered any game crashes?

Thank you for your feedback! It really helps

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 08-06-22, 12:38 PM   #240
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
The patch will be installed through JGSME or the patch will be integrated into the installer. It will depend on the changes. Because when editing files it could be hard to make it JGSME compatible. Downloading the installer which has the patch included is a more reliable way, because it eliminates user installation error and it is more simple for user in general and etc. The only downside of it is, that some people don't have good internet so they would have to wait for a long time to finish downloading.

But I believe this patch will be JGSME compatible.

If you are interested in testing new changes for the upcoming patch. You can join discord channel ( it's easier to communicate) or just write in here. Constructive feedback and critics is always welcomed.

Also have you encountered any game crashes?

Thank you for your feedback! It really helps
Okay, many thanks! Let me see how much time I will have for testing the new Update...

The only game crashes I have experienced thus far is when inside a convoy and watching the action in the external view (F12 and ./,) ...

Tags
ksd ii, u-boat