SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-20-22, 10:17 AM   #211
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

On the TDC (F6) view, it seems that the only Torpedo Tool bar showing per default is the Torpedo Firing panel in the top left corner, with the individual tubes showing which toprdeoes are in it below that.

All other TDC panels (3) have to be added by clicking the respective tool bar on the bottom of the screen, i.e., FaT/LuT gyro; Torpedo setttings.

I'm basically fine with that ... only downside to this is, that they can't be locked in this view, which means, when one changes the view to another station and returns to the TDC view (F6), the Torpedo Tool panels are gone again.

Is this in fact the way it has been setup in the game?
Old 06-20-22, 11:18 AM   #212
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Ahh, good to know ... that would solve my "periscope getting shot at"-problem ...

Just to be sure: Acc. to Niume, my current game version does not need the additional mod for this to work, correct?
yes it seems that Niume includes it if I understood correctly...
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-22, 11:25 AM   #213
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
On the TDC (F6) view, it seems that the only Torpedo Tool bar showing per default is the Torpedo Firing panel in the top left corner, with the individual tubes showing which toprdeoes are in it below that.

All other TDC panels (3) have to be added by clicking the respective tool bar on the bottom of the screen, i.e., FaT/LuT gyro; Torpedo setttings.

I'm basically fine with that ... only downside to this is, that they can't be locked in this view, which means, when one changes the view to another station and returns to the TDC view (F6), the Torpedo Tool panels are gone again.

Is this in fact the way it has been setup in the game?
Kapitan

I can't answer you because I haven't installed the mod... so I haven't tried long enough on the version you're using...
on the other hand I prefer the original work of "Luckner" I have already said it...!!!
I didn't install.. I don't have time... to edit it for the moment... I'll see at the end of the week...

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 06-20-22 at 11:34 AM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-22, 01:14 PM   #214
AMZ
Watch

Downloads: 58

Thank you for your reply I want to tell you that you have done a very good job. I think you have a rough diamond in your hands, it deserves to shine.

1 - missions are not deleted, but they are not declared in the Campaign.cfg. Not only do they not appear in SinglesMissions games, but they are also non-existent in Careers.

2 - Thanks, for considering inertia as an optional Mod.

3 - Some complain about the wakes on the surface, I suppose that these are ships imported directly from SH III without transcription for SH4, probably by your predecessors.

To relieve you, according to our capacities, you could ask to analyze and correct punctually and precisely specific files. you could then focus on the essentials.

As an example, I offer you a little thing mentioned here: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=188

as an example I suggest you replace the Euroliner.dat 2545 KB file with the Euroliner - AMZ.dat 1284 KB file in the Data/Sea/NPL_Conte_Verde folder. It will be necessary to rename the latter Euroliner.dat.
The latter is less heavy and looks better, because I removed the Platform textures from SHIII, and I assigned to this 3D the existing textures for the ship. If this interests you...

Cordially ...

Last edited by AMZ; 06-21-22 at 12:31 AM.
AMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-22, 09:55 AM   #215
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Kapitan

I can't answer you because I haven't installed the mod... so I haven't tried long enough on the version you're using...
on the other hand I prefer the original work of "Luckner" I have already said it...!!!
I didn't install.. I don't have time... to edit it for the moment... I'll see at the end of the week...
Hi Kal_Maximus_U669,

I'm not sure I follow: What is the 'original work of "Luckner"', you're refering to?
Old 06-22-22, 11:55 AM   #216
Kapitän
The Old Man

Default AA Guns and Ammo

Hi All,

Observations about AA Guns and Ammo on a IXD2 boat:

1. The 3.7cm AA Gun is not installed per default, only in conjunction with "Turm-4", which is not available though, in 10.42. A bit weird, since this gun was installed historically on all type IX boats from the start.

Would any of you happen to know, what the reason for this might be?

2. I installed a 20mm C/30 Twin Gun on the Bridge. The Ammo amount shows:
- High Explosive Shells: 264 pcs.
- Armor Piercing Shells: 136 pcs.
- Total: 400 pcs.

Seems to me, that a Zero (0) is missing behind each number and the total therefore should be 4000 pcs.

Is it merely a display error and the real amounts are in fact 2640 plus 1360 (total of 4000)?

If not, in which file, could these numbers be altered?

Many thanks!
Old 06-24-22, 04:35 AM   #217
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Hi All,

Observations about AA Guns and Ammo on a IXD2 boat:

1. The 3.7cm AA Gun is not installed per default, only in conjunction with "Turm-4", which is not available though, in 10.42. A bit weird, since this gun was installed historically on all type IX boats from the start.

Would any of you happen to know, what the reason for this might be?

2. I installed a 20mm C/30 Twin Gun on the Bridge. The Ammo amount shows:
- High Explosive Shells: 264 pcs.
- Armor Piercing Shells: 136 pcs.
- Total: 400 pcs.

Seems to me, that a Zero (0) is missing behind each number and the total therefore should be 4000 pcs.

Is it merely a display error and the real amounts are in fact 2640 plus 1360 (total of 4000)?

If not, in which file, could these numbers be altered?

Many thanks!
1. Thanks for the info. I haven't noticed it. I will look into it.

I believe it's only display issue it doesn't show the last 0. After shooting the gu n for a while starts to show true number. For example the High explosive shells total count is around 2600.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-22, 09:44 AM   #218
rainbowjose
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Time compressions doesnt stops of i receive convoy report. How to fix it?
Old 07-21-22, 11:19 AM   #219
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowjose View Post
Time compressions doesnt stops of i receive convoy report. How to fix it?
By convoy report... Itake it you're meaning of getting notificationfrom your watch crew of ship/s sighed... yes..???

If that is indeed the case here... then it is also occurring even with single ship sightings, as well... NOT just convoys of ships. So far, thankfully... this has NOT been noted by Me... to affect a/c sightings...

Thank God.

On getting it to NOT do that... (of continuing in high TC), no idea... other than:

1. Refraining from using high TC (or any TC beyond just 1:1 time)

2. Using TC, but... having to pay more attention to the message box, for when a ships sighted message pops... then going to either bridge or command room view. I'd recommend the bridge... 1st.

If the situation warrants it, can always drop to command room in a hurry, should you need to dive or crash dive.

3. Use of the Num. pad - sign key. (Provided you have a keyboard that includes the number pad, with it... know some laptops don't come with that feature... & some desk top keyboards, do, some don't... I for 1... flat out refuse to have 1 for My desktop pc, at all, without a num. pad. )

NOT the elegant solution, I know that you were looking for... but... hope this helps.

M. M.
Old 07-21-22, 12:02 PM   #220
rainbowjose
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thank you for you reply! But i mean radio reports about convoys coordinates and course.

I think this setting is not working properly.

Also second question about ships: i im in scapa flow now and theres no ships. Literally all scapa flow bay is empty! September 7 1939, Career.
Old 07-21-22, 01:55 PM   #221
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowjose View Post
Thank you for you reply! But i mean radio reports about convoys coordinates and course.

I think this setting is not working properly.

Also second question about ships: i im in scapa flow now and theres no ships. Literally all scapa flow bay is empty! September 7 1939, Career.
In that instance... it may be owing to having... in options, of having no map contacts, check marked.

Which, if am NOT mistaken... would affect that part there, of "RadioReports" not working... I think.

As for Scapa Floe (Flow.??), is a hit or miss affair.

Sometimes you eat the bear... other times, Mr. Bear, eats you...

Means, it's a luck of the draw, if there will be ships there at anchor, trolling about, or NOT.

To quote Mr. KaluenMarco, from a post comment, in another thread (namely, this 1: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...68&postcount=6)

'The behavior you describe, it is an unexpected, Ubi feature. Never forget that this is an UBI game and all illogic is in play.'... to paraphrase that post comment, here.

Hope this helps...

M. M.
Old 07-23-22, 05:23 AM   #222
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
In that instance... it may be owing to having... in options, of having no map contacts, check marked.

Which, if am NOT mistaken... would affect that part there, of "RadioReports" not working... I think.

As for Scapa Floe (Flow.??), is a hit or miss affair.

Sometimes you eat the bear... other times, Mr. Bear, eats you...

Means, it's a luck of the draw, if there will be ships there at anchor, trolling about, or NOT.

To quote Mr. KaluenMarco, from a post comment, in another thread (namely, this 1: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...68&postcount=6)

'The behavior you describe, it is an unexpected, Ubi feature. Never forget that this is an UBI game and all illogic is in play.'... to paraphrase that post comment, here.

Hope this helps...

M. M.

About no ships in Scapa Flow:

Same here: 12 - 13 Nov. 1942, western coast of Morocco (Operation Torch!), from Safi via Casablanca/Fedala and Rabat to Tangier ... Nothing ... No ships, No airplanes (only 3 Spaniards in Tangier). Also, Enemy Task Force only east of Gibraltar.

Now, 17 Nov. 1942, an incoming Gibraltar convoy in Qu.9555CG, alas in heavy fog (which we had for 3 days now) ... let's see ...
Old 07-24-22, 03:35 PM   #223
rainbowjose
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:

Same here: 12 - 13 Nov. 1942, western coast of Morocco (Operation Torch!), from Safi via Casablanca/Fedala and Rabat to Tangier ... Nothing ... No ships, No airplanes (only 3 Spaniards in Tangier). Also, Enemy Task Force only east of Gibraltar.

Now, 17 Nov. 1942, an incoming Gibraltar convoy in Qu.9555CG, alas in heavy fog (which we had for 3 days now) ... let's see ...
can a scapa flow really be that empty?
Old 07-24-22, 09:18 PM   #224
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Scapa Flow and traffic there depends upon the date, and whether traffic is set to show there in the mod. In Dark Waters, this is what is "scheduled to appear in 1939:

Now, the green square icons represent where ships show, but they do not all appear at the same time on the same date, or do they stay there the whole year, for some of them. The yellow squares are "RGG" Random Generated Groups that spawn near the squares, and then travel away, following waypoints. The little green diamonds are the "anchor points" of minefields, which are the bigger little circle thingies, while other green diamonds are the anchor points of the anti-subnets, which have the tiny circle thingies. Anything and everything in there can move for the next year, and this is just two of the possible files that can generate traffic in the game, though there are not too many more for this area. Just to say though, all date dependent ~AND~ if you get in too close with your submarine, it will prevent ships and convoys from generating, so if you get there too early, expecting a King George V Class BB to spawn in front of you, it won't. You have to be outside the "spawn range", which is generally 24-50+nm away, dependent.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 07:10 AM   #225
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:

Okay, found myself submerged right inside the convoy of about 24 ships ... made blind straight torpedo shots with all 6 tubes just relying on sound contact reports ... all six missed ... Oh, well ...

Tags
ksd ii, u-boat