SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-13-22, 10:26 PM   #1
AngusJS
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0
Default What is simulated in TWOS for the invasion of Norway?

I stayed in the fjord leading to Narvik from 4/9/40 through 4/14/40, but no British warships appeared - only German ones. Despite this, I kept getting radio messages about the results of the battles, the arrival of the Warspite, etc.

What is simulated in TWOS for the the invasion of Norway? Where could I run into the British taskforces?

Thanks
AngusJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-22, 12:22 AM   #2
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 580
Uploads: 7

It's been quite a long time since I had this mission in TWoS. I only remember that I found the task force in the fjord leading to Narvik.

But it took me several tries to find the Warspite with the task force.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-22, 07:29 AM   #3
Rosco74
Torpedoman

Downloads: 45

Really funny but I am right into this mission as well. You may have noticed a post from me about a strange merchant name in the forum from yesterday.
On my side it is the 29 March and I already have the mission.
First I went toward Narvik and I met 2 British merchants. They are now deep under water, one of them had a strange name, 4 capital letters followed by the _CS for the variant coastal shipping. I couldn't find it in the recognition manual.
Then I continued up to Narvik shipyard. The only other trafic I met was fishing boats and 1 single Norvegian destroyer patrolling around Narvik itself.
In the shipyard only Norvegian vessels so I went back to the blue circle area.

On my way back I spotted 2 German destroyers and a German pocket Battleship running fast speed toward Narvik.

Now 2 days after I am waiting at the far right side of the blue circle waiting for any British ship passing by. It is the 1st of April and still waiting.
I know that the invasion is starting the 9th but normally you should be able to finish the first part of the mission (sinking 5 ships) before this date.

Once the invasion has started I read that you can sink Norvegian ships as they are considered hostile.
For the British Task force, it seems a bit random I think I will keep you updated once I reach the fatidic date of 9th April.

Please keep this post updated too, I am interested as how you handle the mission with the latest version of TWoS, as all other posts are old.
Rosco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-22, 06:12 AM   #4
Dönitz78
Bosun

Downloads: 327

for the British task force it is not random. They come all time.
Dönitz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-22, 03:37 PM   #5
Rosco74
Torpedoman

Downloads: 45

Sunk my 3rd British ship, but the German task force is patrolling and I see them pasing by from time to time. I just hope they won't take kills from me.
The British Task force will always come yes, I meant their position is a bit random, but probably scripted that they will always come toward you if you stick to the path to Narvik.
Rosco74 is offline   Reply With Quote