Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-06-22, 03:44 PM   #1
Sirrvs
Loader

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Default Savegame problem, new installation

Ahoy mates!

The computer I'd been using to play SH5 has died on me. So now I've done a fresh install of SH5 and TWoS on a new computer. The problem I'm having now is when I start the game up and try to load the latest save, it shows my save files from around October of last year. The last time I actually saved the game on my old computer was probably around May of this year, but these more recent saves are not showing.

I tried copying the entire c:\users\[username]\documents\SH5\ folder from my old computer onto the new one and it still shows the same files. It's almost as if it's reading those saves from the cloud rather than the local drive even though I have Ubisoft Connect in offline mode and disabled cloud sync.

Anyone know the proper way to make the game see my local save files? Thanks!
Sirrvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 07:30 AM   #2
Sirrvs
Loader

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

I actually figured it out, if anyone has a similar problem in the future. Very strange solution. Starting with a fresh install and copying over the entire SH5 folder (under users\[username\documents) with your old save games does not work. The game pulls the list of possible saves to load from somewhere else, maybe the cloud.

What worked was to start the game up, go to Load Game and then with the game open, alt + tab to the desktop and then delete the contents of the current SH5 folder (under users\[username\documents) contents and replace them with your old saves. When I switched back to the game and refreshed the list, only then did it see the desired saves. Weird. Must be some new cloud save mechanism from Ubisoft Connect?

Last edited by Sirrvs; 08-07-22 at 07:41 AM.
Sirrvs is offline   Reply With Quote