SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-18-22, 02:34 PM   #1
COBRA23
Swabbie

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0
Default I cant dock on Brisbane after i get Balao Submarine

I got one question which bother me , i play FORS mod from beginening i am now on may 1943 i newly take command of Balao class submarine , main base Brisbane i complete my first patrol with this sub ( pretty sucess all main objective completed ) but now point i cant end patrol , i return to Brisbane and end patrol still innactive.
Is there somenthing i should done to repair it or my progress is lost ?
I found in save game file i am asigned to manus island command but that base in this period of war is not active , will be activated or i have to edit save files ? Or is there another solution ?
I have saved file just before i get Balao , so should i again play with Gato and change base to Midway and continue war from there .
COBRA23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 02:41 PM   #2
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRA23 View Post
I got one question which bother me , i play FORS mod from beginening i am now on may 1943 i newly take command of Balao class submarine , main base Brisbane i complete my first patrol with this sub ( pretty sucess all main objective completed ) but now point i cant end patrol , i return to Brisbane and end patrol still innactive.
Is there somenthing i should done to repair it or my progress is lost ?
I found in save game file i am asigned to manus island command but that base in this period of war is not active , will be activated or i have to edit save files ? Or is there another solution ?
I have saved file just before i get Balao , so should i again play with Gato and change base to Midway and continue war from there .

Sounds like you've been transferred to different command while at sea, check the nav map carefully and look for tilted anchor. Most likely Pearl Harbor..but check other ports in Austrailia
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 04:02 PM   #3
COBRA23
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Sounds like you've been transferred to different command while at sea, check the nav map carefully and look for tilted anchor. Most likely Pearl Harbor..but check other ports in Austrailia
Well i think same , but i got still active Brisbane .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220118-220037_Facebook.jpg (81.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-18-22, 05:58 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The Balao boat is not supposed to be available to patrol with at Brisbane until after July 1943. May 1943 at San Francisco for New Construction. In this regard (as well as others), the game completely ignores the Active dates of the boat, and "rewards" the player who has scored really high with a new boat. We put some assignments in at Brisbane and Pearl for if you do get an early boat, you at least will not CTD, but... There is no way we have found, and we have tried a multitude of things with FotRSU, and all have been for naught, other than to tell the players to save at the green line when coming back into bases, and do not take a new command, unless you know what it is - which the only way to know is to go ahead and accept it, hence the idea of the Save when inbound, so that you can roll back. Did you save prior to coming into Brisbane before you were assigned the Balao? If so, go back to that save, and then do NOT take the new command.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 07:20 PM   #5
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

propbeanie +1

With propbeanie, on this... agree.

If you were prepared enough to do a save, just prior to crossing that green line... back track & avoid acceptance of the Balao.

Can always go for accepting command of 1, at a later date... preferably well after July of.. '43 I believe, is the date beanie said.

Which... is a process that I've made it a "do it" before docking maneuver... in the event that it's needed. As well as a before I do a game save checklist... that I've listed elsewhere... granted, for SH3... but, is still applicable for 4... & I believe 5, as well.

M. M.
Old 01-18-22, 09:13 PM   #6
COBRA23
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The Balao boat is not supposed to be available to patrol with at Brisbane until after July 1943. May 1943 at San Francisco for New Construction. In this regard (as well as others), the game completely ignores the Active dates of the boat, and "rewards" the player who has scored really high with a new boat. We put some assignments in at Brisbane and Pearl for if you do get an early boat, you at least will not CTD, but... There is no way we have found, and we have tried a multitude of things with FotRSU, and all have been for naught, other than to tell the players to save at the green line when coming back into bases, and do not take a new command, unless you know what it is - which the only way to know is to go ahead and accept it, hence the idea of the Save when inbound, so that you can roll back. Did you save prior to coming into Brisbane before you were assigned the Balao? If so, go back to that save, and then do NOT take the new command.
Thanks for explanation , I got luck i saved game before i take command of Balalo , so I will return to the gato and I will continue with gato , i will adept command later of 1943 .
Last question when I will progres later is there a same problém with Tench ?
Old 01-18-22, 10:55 PM   #7
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Possibly. The Tench comes active January 1st, 1945, which is actually earlier than historical. Going back to your Gato would allow you to continue, of course. The Gato has the possibility of four different conning towers, with the "bathtub" full conn until May 1942, when the 1st cut is possibly offered, which is the cut on the cigarette deck. The possibility for the 2nd cut is offered January 1943, which is where the front AA can then mount. The 4th conn is the "Elite", and it can possibly come January 1944. Notice I said "possibly", because the way the game is set-up is that if you qualify to get a New Command, you also qualify for what they call a "Re-Fit", which is where you get a new conning tower if available. However, the game will offer a new boat before it offers the conning towers to your existing boat. If there are no new boats available to reward you with, then you will be offered the new conning tower. Kind of odd behavior, given that some of the radars in the game depend upon the conning tower to change for the radar shaft to be able to mount... ah well.. it is but a game... There are a few pdf files in the mod's Support folder that has some of this information, though we do have to update a bit of it...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 12:31 AM   #8
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRA23 View Post
Well i think same , but i got still active Brisbane .
Ahhh. Well propbeanie explained it well.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote