SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-30-21, 06:11 PM   #436
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 257
Uploads: 51

Very sad news...

Rest in peace Urmel...
Old 12-30-21, 11:05 PM   #437
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Clearly did not know him and I am a fairly recent add to the LSH3 family, but this is certainly sad news. The program construction is marvelous and the ongoing interest, support and extended bonding is stunning. His contributions will certainly create a large emptiness in the community and the program.
Mein herzliches Beileid to his family.
Archive1
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 06:45 PM   #438
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

Here's to wishing all, everywhere...

A safe, hopefully much better, successful patrol filled Happy New Year.

To absent subsimmer's, who have gone on to an eternal patrol. Gone... but never forgotten. *snaps to attention & *

M. M.
Old 01-04-22, 12:11 PM   #439
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueduck View Post
Dear friends,

I regret to inform you that Urmel passed away on 22.12.2021.
His sister informed me of this by telephone today.
On his last day of holiday he suffered a cardiac arrest and could not be resuscitated.

I am completely stunned at the moment and can hardly think about continuing his work on the new LSH3-FHD version.

With sad greetings into the New Year
Blueduck

This is a terrible and sad news.
Thank you for everything Urmel (=Ariel Urech)
ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 10:06 AM   #440
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Really sad news. Rest in peace Urmel...
Old 01-18-22, 01:12 PM   #441
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Wow! I missed the passing of a Good Guy.
Rest in Peace My Friend! You are missed.
Old 01-20-22, 12:46 PM   #442
irishskysail
Swabbie

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
after a first round it seems that the sight of the attack periscope and a problem when you click on it in the turm, this is what it gives

on the other hand I did not find the gauge complement but maybe I am missing something? ...
Having the exact same issue. Of course it can still be used using the hotbar or using the observer periscope. But I haven't found the problem yet.
irishskysail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 02:14 PM   #443
irishskysail
Swabbie

Default Crashing issue

This mod is great and I really enjoy it. But i've had an issue that (seemingly at random) it crashes on loading, but only after exiting the game. Whether this be after the end of a patrol or in the middle of one, the game crashes when loading and always right before its finished or just after the text on screen appears.

This has happened with mods installed, uninstalled and reinstalled and after several reinstalls of the mod and the core game itself there doesn't seem to be much of a difference and I can't find this specific issue anywhere. Nor did i have any issue installing the game other then loading in.
Does anyone know this issue?
---------------------------------
Dieser Mod ist großartig und ich genieße es wirklich. Aber ich hatte ein Problem, dass es (scheinbar zufällig) beim Laden abstürzt, aber erst nach dem Beenden des Spiels. Ob nach dem Ende einer Patrouille oder mitten in einer, das Spiel stürzt beim Laden ab und immer kurz bevor es fertig ist oder kurz nachdem der Text auf dem Bildschirm erscheint.

Dies ist bei installierten, deinstallierten und neu installierten Mods passiert, und nach mehreren Neuinstallationen des Mods und des Kernspiels selbst scheint es keinen großen Unterschied zu geben, und ich kann dieses spezielle Problem nirgendwo finden. Ich hatte auch kein Problem damit, das Spiel zu installieren, außer es zu laden.
Kennt jemand dieses Problem?
(sorry if its poorly translated I don't speak german)
Old 01-20-22, 04:50 PM   #444
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard

irishskysail!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 05:04 PM   #445
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishskysail View Post
This mod is great and I really enjoy it. But i've had an issue that (seemingly at random) it crashes on loading, but only after exiting the game. Whether this be after the end of a patrol or in the middle of one, the game crashes when loading and always right before its finished or just after the text on screen appears.

This has happened with mods installed, uninstalled and reinstalled and after several reinstalls of the mod and the core game itself there doesn't seem to be much of a difference and I can't find this specific issue anywhere. Nor did i have any issue installing the game other then loading in.
Does anyone know this issue?
---------------------------------
Dieser Mod ist großartig und ich genieße es wirklich. Aber ich hatte ein Problem, dass es (scheinbar zufällig) beim Laden abstürzt, aber erst nach dem Beenden des Spiels. Ob nach dem Ende einer Patrouille oder mitten in einer, das Spiel stürzt beim Laden ab und immer kurz bevor es fertig ist oder kurz nachdem der Text auf dem Bildschirm erscheint.

Dies ist bei installierten, deinstallierten und neu installierten Mods passiert, und nach mehreren Neuinstallationen des Mods und des Kernspiels selbst scheint es keinen großen Unterschied zu geben, und ich kann dieses spezielle Problem nirgendwo finden. Ich hatte auch kein Problem damit, das Spiel zu installieren, außer es zu laden.
Kennt jemand dieses Problem?
(sorry if its poorly translated I don't speak german)
Most likely a corrupt save file.
Happens to me also.
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 05:07 PM   #446
irishskysail
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d@rk51d3 View Post
Most likely a corrupt save file.
Happens to me also.
That was my assumption however I'm trying to figure out how to prevent repetitive crashing.
----------------------
Das war meine Annahme, aber ich versuche herauszufinden, wie man wiederholte Abstürze verhindert.
Old 01-20-22, 07:40 PM   #447
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
That was my assumption however I'm trying to figure out how to prevent repetitive crashing.
----------------------
Das war meine Annahme, aber ich versuche herauszufinden, wie man wiederholte Abstürze verhindert.
Avoid saving exiting or entering base.... at least, 16 nm or 30 km from "ANY land"... deep water's best areas to accomplish that.

Do NOT save near any ships... sunk or still on the surface... & NOT with any aircraft about, either.

With high use of TC... wait at bare minimum of 3 minutes BEFORE doing a save... after doing a quick drop to periscope depth... to ensure of NO ships about... This also goes for resurfacing... of making sure of NO aircraft about.

DO NOT save, while submerged... either.!

Best locations to be when you go to do a save, after surfacing from the sonar check & no ships or planes are about... is:

Control room or Nav map.

After saving... wait at least another base minimum of 3 minutes...

I strongly recommend 5... minutes, "before & after" coming out of high TC use...

Following these, simple save rules... will help...

They've worked for Me, of not running into crashes or corrupted saves.

M. M.
Old 01-21-22, 02:14 AM   #448
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post

Best locations to be when you go to do a save, after surfacing from the sonar check & no ships or planes are about... is:

Control room or Nav map.

I strongly recommend 5... minutes, "before & after" coming out of high TC use...
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 12:30 PM   #449
irishskysail
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Avoid saving exiting or entering base.... at least, 16 nm or 30 km from "ANY land"... deep water's best areas to accomplish that.

Do NOT save near any ships... sunk or still on the surface... & NOT with any aircraft about, either.

With high use of TC... wait at bare minimum of 3 minutes BEFORE doing a save... after doing a quick drop to periscope depth... to ensure of NO ships about... This also goes for resurfacing... of making sure of NO aircraft about.

DO NOT save, while submerged... either.!

Control room or Nav map.

Following these, simple save rules... will help...

They've worked for Me, of not running into crashes or corrupted saves.

M. M.
Hmm, I've tried a lot of these solutions and employ most of these subconsciously which has helped. But my main issue out of the rest the game crashing before or after a patrol which most of the crashes occur and usually occur after two / three patrols.
And what does TC Mean?
Thanks.
-------------
Hmm, ich habe viele dieser Lösungen ausprobiert und die meisten davon unbewusst eingesetzt, was geholfen hat. Aber mein Hauptproblem ist, dass das Spiel vor oder nach einer Patrouille abstürzt, was die meisten Abstürze verursacht und normalerweise nach zwei / drei Patrouillen auftritt.
Und was bedeutet TC?
Danke.
Old 01-21-22, 03:32 PM   #450
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Quote:
Und was bedeutet TC?
Time Compression