SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-22-12, 01:02 PM   #1
FTGC/SS
Swabbie

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
Default Need Some Help with TMO and OTC

Hi all,

Well I've been having a good time with SH4 but I wanted to try out the different mods, and as most of them are for ver. 1.5 I ordered a copy. SH4 Gold came in the mail last night. I installed the game, downloaded JSGME, TMO 2.5 and OTC 1.5 for TMO 2.5. Everything went great with the install and modding to TMO 2.5 worked great, however when I tried to add OTC I got the following message from JSGME: "Cameras.dat" has already been altered by the "1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5" mod. "menu.txt" has already been altered by the "1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5" mod.

OK I just figured I got the order wrong, so I deactivated TMO and activated OTC without a problem, however when I then went to activate TMO I got the following message from JSGME: "Cameras.dat" has already been altered by the "1.5_OTC for 16 to 9 Aspect Ratio_TMO" mod. "menu.txt" has already been altered by the "1.5_OTC for 16 to
9 Aspect Ratio_TMO" mod.

Is TMO 2.5 already fixing the problems OTC is supposed to fix so that I don't need the OTC mod or am I just doing something wrong?

On a different note, I'd like to get the bigger dials for the compass, engine order telegraph and depth gauges. Also would like the improved bearing ring for the chart tools. Are the mods for these compatible with TMO and where can I find them?

And finally in TMO how do I get the clock/stopwatch to display? I can't seem to find the hot key in the help files.

Thanks,
Scott
FTGC/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-12, 07:37 PM   #2
Claves_Mortis
Watch

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTGC/SS View Post

however when I tried to add OTC I got the following message from JSGME: "Cameras.dat" has already been altered by the "1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5" mod. "menu.txt" has already been altered by the "1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5" mod.
If the OTC is for TMO 2.5 you don't have to care about the "already been altered" message. You will get this message if the mod you are going to install does change any file which has been changed before - which also does happen if you Install "Mod_1" and later "Mod_1_Update_2"; that does not necessary mean that something will be broken. Again, if the OTC mod IS compatible / made for TMO 2.5, else you may encounter bugs.

Quote:

On a different note, I'd like to get the bigger dials for the compass, engine order telegraph and depth gauges. Also would like the improved bearing ring for the chart tools. Are the mods for these compatible with TMO and where can I find them?

Scott
I tried installing a mod for an earlier version of TMO which was also supposed to increase the size of the three control-dials, but due to a newer version of TMO the mod did result in several graphics bugs in the periscopes and uzo. I'm not sure if there is a working version, I'm pretty new on the game.

Quote:

And finally in TMO how do I get the clock/stopwatch to display? I can't seem to find the hot key in the help files.
The shortcut in the keyboard to show the chronometer is 'X', also in TMO. The button in the command bar for showing the chronometer in TMO is in the periscope-bar and the bridge-bar (I think).
If you are looking for the file where the shortcut is assigned / may be changed you have to open gamefolder\data\cfg\commands.cfg with the text editor and search for
Toggle_Activate_Clock
or
"X"
as an example. If you want to find a shortcut in the file but dont know the name of it, just search for the key it is assigned to in "" (whatever those things are called...).

For shortcuts / hotkeys in general: TMO does alter the in-game help (press F1) according to the changes the mod is making, so you can find pretty much all the shortcuts in the help-book shown when pressing F1 while on your submarine.

EDIT: Concerning the OTC on TMO 2.5:
I did install OTC for 1.5 available on subsim (I could not find the OTC for TMO, is that another special TMO-version? I would be interested in that, too if you have a link ) and did try it in the torpedo school - OTC did change quite some things (like sounds, buttons and other minor stuff) ,but the tool / Omnimeter itself seems to work. I did a test in the submarine school and it gave me correct values and no bugs. First impression is: it works regardless of the warning. Did not test a long game / career tho.

Last edited by Claves_Mortis; 12-22-12 at 08:31 PM. Reason: EDIT: Did some testing.
Claves_Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-12, 12:23 AM   #3
FTGC/SS
Swabbie

Claves,

Thanks for the info. As far as where to get OTC for TMO 2.5, you'll find it in the SH4 mods forum, the one where they talk about making mods. About half way down the first page, you'll find the OTC thread. In that thread you'll find a download link. I'd post a link but I'm typing this on my tablet.

Edit figured out how to copy and paste the link, you'll find it here. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181172

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited by FTGC/SS; 12-23-12 at 12:27 AM. Reason: added link
Old 12-23-12, 12:12 PM   #4
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
I installed the game, downloaded JSGME, TMO 2.5 and OTC 1.5 for TMO 2.5. Everything went great with the install and modding to TMO 2.5 worked great, however when I tried to add OTC I got the following message from JSGME: "Cameras.dat" has already been altered by the "1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5" mod. "menu.txt" has already been altered by the "1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5" mod.

Is TMO 2.5 already fixing the problems OTC is supposed to fix so that I don't need the OTC mod or am I just doing something wrong?

And finally in TMO how do I get the clock/stopwatch to display? I can't seem to find the hot key in the help file.
As Claves_Mortis pointed out, you should expect JSGME to report some files (actually a lot of them) have already been changed by the first mod activated. In your case, TMO 2.5. Activating a second mod which overwrites the first will always bring up the JSGME warning if the files changed have the same name in both mods. To make a mod compatible, you take what the first mod did and add a second mod to it.....combining them together. It's just that JSGME knows this is usually a bad thing to do unless it's expected. If you know the second mod is "compatible", it'll be fine.

I notice your planing to use the 16:9 aspect ratio. Your JSGME activation mod order should look like this:

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
1.5_Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for TMO 2.5
OTC for 16 to 9 Aspect Ratio_TMO .......(or, if you want to try the Realistic Scopes, substitute with this mod "OTC_Realistic Scopes for 16 to 9_TMO". Don't use these two "Aspect Ratio" mods together.....use either one or the other, not both at the same time).

Any of the other "additional" OTC mods (found in the download) can be added after these three. But, make sure you always use the "additional" OTC mods that come with the version of OTC that you're using. In other words, don't use the additional OTC Aspect Ratio mod that comes with the "stock" 1.5 OTC version, and use it with TMO or RSRDC or any other edition of OTC. Never mix and match them, their different for a reason!

========

Scott, to answer your other questions above..... No, TMO 2.5 does not fix the visual optics, no other mod does besides OTC.

Further, the larger HUD dials are added to OTC (since that's one of my mods anyway). Don't add MaxOptics to OTC. It's already in it.

If your adding OTC to TMO, print out the additional .jpg images of the "Keyboard Layout" and "Reference Card" found in the "main" OTC folder (or, if you know where to find the "Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific" folder on your computer, you'll find the OTC .jpg files there once the mod is activated in JSGME). The changes OTC made to TMO's keyboard and other controls will be found in those two images. With OTC, the Stop Watch or "Clock/Chronometer" is activated with the keyboard "C" key (makes sense doesn't it?).

========

All of the Optical Targeting Correction mods can be found at this thread.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 12-23-12 at 12:36 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-12, 03:45 PM   #5
FTGC/SS
Swabbie

CapnScurvy,

Thanks for the additional info. Your a Gentleman, a Scholar and a judge of fine whiskey, I don't care what everybody says about you even if it's true!

You'll have to forgive me about not knowing which mods contain what and were written by who...whom? Between the addons, megamods and SH4 and SH5 and coming to the game after the fact, it's really confusing.

Thanks again both of you, can't wait to get back in town and try em out.
Scott
Old 12-23-12, 06:02 PM   #6
Claves_Mortis
Watch

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Claves,

Thanks for the info. As far as where to get OTC for TMO 2.5, you'll find it in the SH4 mods forum, the one where they talk about making mods. About half way down the first page, you'll find the OTC thread. In that thread you'll find a download link. I'd post a link but I'm typing this on my tablet.

Edit figured out how to copy and paste the link, you'll find it here. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181172

Thanks,
Scott
Thanks alot for the link, I didn't find that version before in the Mod-Section for SH4. I liked the mod as far as I tried it, so I will go with this version now
Claves_Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote