SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-02-22, 06:15 PM   #4171
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

That is the kind of stuff we want / need, Kal_Maximus_U669. Good detail. Thank you. This is our 2nd release with the Cachalot, counting the Preview version, and we were probably too close (I say I say, thass a joke, son) to the model to notice things like that.

I do not understand why the gun isn't textured, but maybe others are seeing that on the 3" deck guns on their boats early? Either that, or they just used some new, deep gloss, deep black paint on it, and the Chief of the Boat is now a happy person... ?? The comm tubes are already handled by vickers03, and we have just the person to attempt to add that cable aft - if it is really supposed to be there. The front will be a pinch tougher to handle, but we'll manage. Thank you again for those.

Now, as to the Holiday Inn Express, again, I say "Thas a joke, I say a joke, son":

that is one of many commercials of theirs that played on US TV 15-20 years ago.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 07:41 PM   #4172
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 705
Uploads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie
I do not understand why the gun isn't textured, but maybe others are seeing that on the 3" deck guns on their boats early? Either that, or they just used some new, deep gloss, deep black paint on it, and the Chief of the Boat is now a happy person... ?? The comm tubes are already handled by vickers03, and we have just the person to attempt to add that cable aft - if it is really supposed to be there. The front will be a pinch tougher to handle, but we'll manage. Thank you again for those.
cables fixed, latest cachalot including lightmaps are in the 4k sub skins mod.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=6049
vickers03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 08:25 PM   #4173
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 816
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
Thx .. for quick repair ...
I understand very well that this one needed adjustment .. it is all new..j try soon..see soon
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 09:51 PM   #4174
Captain Ken
Swabbie

Downloads: 498
Default Help needed

I love the FOTRS game that you folks have created, and I literally never play the stock game or other mods.

I am so looking forward to playing this new version, but I'm having trouble getting it running.

I' pretty sure I have installed things properly, deleted my saved data, but I don't seem able to resolve the compatibility thing.

When I start the program, it loads, goes through the mission screens, then when I click 'start outside harbour', it goes to a black screen with an arrow at the bottom, and stalls there.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!
Captain Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 06:34 AM   #4175
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ken View Post
I love the FOTRS game that you folks have created, and I literally never play the stock game or other mods.

I am so looking forward to playing this new version, but I'm having trouble getting it running.

I' pretty sure I have installed things properly, deleted my saved data, but I don't seem able to resolve the compatibility thing.

When I start the program, it loads, goes through the mission screens, then when I click 'start outside harbour', it goes to a black screen with an arrow at the bottom, and stalls there.

post your JSGME config because that is table-stakes for resolution of your issue.

Tasks-Export Activated Mods-To Clipboard. then Paste the results in a reply.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 10:30 AM   #4176
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
We thank you very much Sir vickers of 03!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ken View Post

Also, in additioin to KaleunMarco's point, when you go to enable LAA or the 4Gig Patch, the SH4.exe file has to be write-enabled for the large address aware applet to flip the bits. LAA especially is not good at giving an error dialog, whereas the 4Gig Patch will at least change the message displayed. Right-click on the SH4.exe file in the game folder, choose "Properties", and at the bottom of that first "General" tab is the "Attributes" section. Be sure the "Read-only" tick box is cleared, and "OK" out of that, then go back and try to set LAA on the SH4.exe again. Also, be certain you are in the correct folder with LAA... I don't know how many times I have set LAA on an SH4.exe file in the wrong folder...

Old 01-03-22, 12:59 PM   #4177
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Default Base Not Changing to Albany, or anywhere!

I applied the patch in the following ordeer:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7
FotRSUv17m_Patch
101_Nippon Maru v1.6
102_Nihon Kaigun v1.1
102a_Combined Roster
304_NoJapaneseAirRadar
399c1_NoScrollNavMap - Same Sized Dials
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
801_UMark Invisible
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
805_CWC_FotRSU
806_PeriscopeSplash
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols

Started a new career after deleting the two Save files in the SH4 folder in Documents. I left originally from Cavite on 12/9/1041 in USS Saury. My experiments showed that you have to leave from there to get assigned to Darwin after the Philippines fall. I was assigned to Darwin and went there at the end of our first patrol.

On 2/09/1942 left Darwin for Area F8. Sank one ship, rearmed and refueled at Surabaya, and then waited near Lombok Strait for any invasion fleet coming that way (they didn't). After the abandonment of Surabaya and Darwin, I waited patiently at Lombok for a base change to Albany or wherever. It did not happen by mid-March, so I'm now wondering if I applied the patch in the wrong order? Note that I added some prefix numbers to help me keep things straight. Should I have waited longer? I waited until several days after Surabaya and Tilatjap were removed from the map. Any advice?

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All

Last edited by torpedobait; 01-03-22 at 01:52 PM.
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 03:06 PM   #4178
propbeanie

The mod list is fine, other than a few notes below. As before, Cavite is "destroyed" on December 10 1941, and your Darwin assignment should show changed by December 13, 1941. You will not receive a direct message about that. Darwin, like Pearl and Cavite, is bombed on February 19, 1942 and for all practical intents and purposes, is destroyed and then abandoned. Albany should show as the new base by February 25, 1942, and is in service as a US base (in FotRSU) until March 16, 2021, but the Sargo and Salmon transfer out on the 15th to Brisbane, which should become active by about March 17, 1942... I'll do another test run with a Sargo this time from Cavite over the next couple of days, and see what happens in mine.

All looks like it should be fine, other than I wonder about your statement "Started a new career after deleting the two Save files in the SH4 folder in Documents." Did you empty the whole folder (data & cfg folders)? Or just specific numbered Save folders? Just to clarify, the whole folder must be deleted to clear the original "initial" file cache the game makes to create the new Save folder files from.

The "805_CWC_FotRSU" mod is Cold Weather Clothing, and puts P-Coats and stocking caps on your crew. Probably not needed out of Darwin, maybe out of Albany... I would recommend removing "450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability" mod, since it changes the scene.dat file, which probably does not cause major trouble, but has different IDs on some of the nodes, and might not link correctly in FotRSU.

Old 01-03-22, 03:42 PM   #4179
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default Problem mineures..

Good evening friends...
I come back with a few errors to note ... "see the Cachalot screens"
The SuB Classes
"Porpoise"
"Tambor"
"Sargo"
antenna connection problems the rear wire is not in its place "see Cachalot screens"
I am thinking of rechecking all the submarines
- By classes not ... what do you think ...? because these date problems also it seems to me ....

the red gauges are not yet repaired should be ... as they have already been dealt with ....

The work of vickers on the "Cachalot" class works thank you .. for his quick intervention .. him that he does not necessarily have time with the projects in progress ...
on the Cachalot I did not have the wooden panels of the bridge ... could still be under construction otherwise the rest impeccable ..
here it will be all for the moment ...

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 01-03-22 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-03-22, 05:24 PM   #4180
propbeanie

You might never guess which mod this is from:

That is the Stock game though. FotRSU is done the same way. I can understand the Cachalot bow being the way it is, since it comes from a shrunken Porpoise for its lineage, so missing a part would not be unusual. I have looked at several images online, and cannot find any confirming images. What I can find, does not clearly show the cables. I know there are large builder images out there somewhere, but I have not found them lately. A rebuild image usually would not do us any good, since those fouling cables were generally removed at rebuild. For now, we'll leave them as they are. We are currently going through all the boats, and have not found any other similar issues. Here's the Tambor:

View from aft, so you'll have to look closely

View from fore. No issue

If I pull back just a pinch, and look at the fore Union Jack flagpole, it is definitely missing its texture somehow, which we'll put that in this next release.

If you have something specific you can mention, please do so.

As for the red gauges, I have seen pictures with red, black and white gauges, seemingly builder, boat and time specific. ie: What was at hand at the time of replacement or build.

Old 01-03-22, 06:15 PM   #4181
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

For the gauges very well thank you for these details ... I did not know ..
for the submarine class antenna cables .. that I mentioned above. On the back it is wrong wrongly positioned error of placement it should be symmetrical is not in the center as they are currently
just in training mode The "porpoise" look at the wires behind ... you will understand those I have described Tambor etc ... we have the same problem I hope to have been clear
I wonder if we understand each other sometimes please excuse me but I think I described the problem simply ...
Les Sub Classes
"Marsouin"
"Tambor"
"Sargo"

I work on 2 different games
the first is original in order to detect problems
the second to try with the interiors.
_1er Fotrs 1.7 référence....original
Mod list:
[MODS]
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7=1
FotRSUv17n_Patch=2
Nippon Maru v1.6=3
Nihon Kaigun v1.1=4
Combined Roster=5
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU=6
803_NoPlayerSubFlags=7
806_PeriscopeSplash=8

_2eme Fotrs 1.7
Mod list:
[MODS]
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7=1
FotRSUv17n_Patch=2
Nippon Maru v1.6=3
Nihon Kaigun v1.1=4
Combined Roster=5
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN=6
Realistic Floor Tiles for Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarter=7
New Sounds Interior-Officer Quarters mod=8
FOTRSU_1.7_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k=9
450_MoonlightzSonarLines=10
801_UMark Invisible=11
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU=12
803_NoPlayerSubFlags=13
806_PeriscopeSplash=14
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols=15
Enhanced Sounds for SH4=16
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.7=17
BATTLEFLAG_WARDROOM_SEADRAGON_SS194=18
BATTLEFLAG_CONNING_SEADRAGON_SS194=19

As you can see I have reduced my list drastically ...
for "Cachalot" I was talking about the wooden bridge .. the slats do not appear .. as I say they may still be under construction ...
kind regards KM_U669

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 01-03-22 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-03-22, 06:33 PM   #4182
propbeanie

Language can be a stumble, that is for certain... lol - but the bottom two pictures I link to above are the Tambor, Dec 9, 1941 off of Pearl, and they are symmetrically mounted, both fore and aft, as well as on the conn, near as I could tell. The Porpoise is like the Stock game, using the port and center gains for the aft mount, but the fore being fine. I have not found clear enough images yet to determine "proper" mounting for the aft yet, but I do suspect it is supposed to be the outer pulleys they attach to, as you mention - unless they also used a center cable for a time, such as the S-Boats did...

Edit: Have you checked the Sound mods you use? Look at their Sound folder contents, and compare them one to another, to be certain you are not over-writing a sound file you want to keep.

Last edited by propbeanie; 01-03-22 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 01-03-22, 07:25 PM   #4183
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Language can be a stumble, that is for certain... lol - but the bottom two pictures I link to above are the Tambor, Dec 9, 1941 off of Pearl, and they are symmetrically mounted, both fore and aft, as well as on the conn, near as I could tell. The Porpoise is like the Stock game, using the port and center gains for the aft mount, but the fore being fine. I have not found clear enough images yet to determine "proper" mounting for the aft yet, but I do suspect it is supposed to be the outer pulleys they attach to, as you mention - unless they also used a center cable for a time, such as the S-Boats did...

Edit: Have you checked the Sound mods you use? Look at their Sound folder contents, and compare them one to another, to be certain you are not over-writing a sound file you want to keep.
yes the "Tambor" class is good, a thousand excuses .. it is with 4K skins that I had problems on the other assembly

Yes mister Beanie go up symmetrically voila ...
Porpoise here

Old 01-03-22, 07:43 PM   #4184
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
yes the "Tambor" class is good, a thousand excuses .. it is with 4K skins that I had problems on the other assembly

Yes mister Beanie go up symmetrically voila ...
Porpoise here

Tambor 2nd montage error with skin 4k here.

Old 01-03-22, 08:25 PM   #4185
propbeanie

The Porpoise, as I said, I do understand. The Tambor I have in FotRSU does not do that. I have not looked at the Tambor with the 4k Textures though. I'll try to get to that later tonight... Thank you.