SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-31-21, 09:44 PM   #4141
Rock Storm
Watch

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Thats a mee

"Alemao, poco locco" laike the latin guys said, when we were working 7-4 in the floridian summer....
Rock Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 12:23 AM   #4142
Rock Storm
Watch

Over and out

Old 01-01-22, 12:35 AM   #4143
Rock Storm
Watch

We can stand the white mans firewater. 1st Fallschirmjäger approved...no making stuff upp. My grandfather, never went to the Hj...but defending the Vaterland in an "Nichts neues aus dem Westen" way. And only survived, cause he was 17 and the old Landsers hide him away, when stuff got serious. Never was proud off anything. Tried to tell me things, but would started crying every now and then. I have done civil service....

Old 01-01-22, 11:59 AM   #4144
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 816

Icon14 FoTrS 1.7 correction

Hey boy's
new assemblage
[MODS]
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7=1
FotRSUv17m_Patch=2
Nippon Maru v1.6=3
Nihon Kaigun v1.1=4
Combined Roster=5
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN=6
Realistic Floor Tiles for Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarter=7
New Sounds Interior-Officer Quarters mod=8
FOTRSU_1.7_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k=9
301_MoreDifficultAI00=10
302_MoreDifficultAI001=11
303_MoreDifficultAI_Air=12
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar=13
Enhanced Sounds for SH4=14
450_MoonlightzSonarLines=15
451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots=16
Sober's 3D waves mod=17
Sober's better rocks v2=18
Sober's Better Sand v2=19
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU=20
801_UMark Invisible=21
803_NoPlayerSubFlags=22
650_LotsaDudz=23
Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_FOTR SU=24
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols=25
Improved gun tracers - torp damage mod=26
806_PeriscopeSplash=27
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.7=28

Big thanks Mister Mad Madrigan for providing what I needed to establish this composition
for the moment an error the Cachalot class displays the flag while l is not supposed to be the ...
I started different career changing torpedo etc ... all working for the moment ..
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 12:41 PM   #4145
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1108
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Hey boy's
new assemblage
[MODS]
FotRSUv17m_Patch=2
Nippon Maru v1.6=3
Nihon Kaigun v1.1=4
Combined Roster=5
301_MoreDifficultAI00=10
Sober's 3D waves mod=17
801_UMark Invisible=21
803_NoPlayerSubFlags=22
650_LotsaDudz=23
806_PeriscopeSplash=27

Big thanks Mister Mad Madrigan for providing what I needed to establish this composition
for the moment an error the Cachalot class displays the flag while l is not supposed to be the ...
I started different career changing torpedo etc ... all working for the moment ..
Kal,

You have a number of non-FotRSU mods in there... Why are you surprised that things "are showing errors" ?

To qoute you in a previous post;
it's all just great the multitude of options .. the documentation tidy up ... is to order .. the details on all ... I say excellent ... a must
no excuse for misunderstanding will be tolerated

Yet you and others simply fail to read or understand this post on the front page..
It is recommended that you NOT use additional mods with this release initially, until you are certain the base FotRSU mod is functioning correctly, and then only use mods found in the Extras / AddInModzPak_1.7

Look, we have no problems with you all adding, removing mods, but please do not come to this thread moaning your game is broken by your own doing, by not following very simple insructions...

Now, if you are seeing the flag underwater while using a camera topside, this is a SH4 thing, that cannot be fixed as far as we are aware.
Old 01-01-22, 05:09 PM   #4146
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Kal,

You have a number of non-FotRSU mods in there... Why are you surprised that things "are showing errors" ?

To qoute you in a previous post;
it's all just great the multitude of options .. the documentation tidy up ... is to order .. the details on all ... I say excellent ... a must
no excuse for misunderstanding will be tolerated

Yet you and others simply fail to read or understand this post on the front page..
It is recommended that you NOT use additional mods with this release initially, until you are certain the base FotRSU mod is functioning correctly, and then only use mods found in the Extras / AddInModzPak_1.7

Look, we have no problems with you all adding, removing mods, but please do not come to this thread moaning your game is broken by your own doing, by not following very simple insructions...

Now, if you are seeing the flag underwater while using a camera topside, this is a SH4 thing, that cannot be fixed as far as we are aware.
s7rikeback,

Know that your & propbeanie's hard work, is appreciated... that goes without saying... & is beyond dispute. Not just appreciated but respected.

Kal, I believe, is like Me, in the regards that we both strive to want to see that, improved even more... & wanting something to be better, is never a bad thing. It just needs finesse in getting to that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Hey boy's
new assemblage
[MODS]
FotRSUv17m_Patch=2
Nippon Maru v1.6=3
Nihon Kaigun v1.1=4
Combined Roster=5
301_MoreDifficultAI00=10
Sober's 3D waves mod=17
801_UMark Invisible=21
803_NoPlayerSubFlags=22
650_LotsaDudz=23
806_PeriscopeSplash=27

Could placement of the mods that do come from v1.7 addinz pack, namely...
801_ & 803_, be better placed at the tail end of the mods list, perchance.

As, from what I believe the intent of those mods is, to:

801_ : Eliminate the orange circled arrow, that shows where your sub is... should you choose to utilize the free cam or the next/previous cam views.?

&

803_ : To remove the flag, in its entirety, from the sub, altogether.?

I went with not including them, in the mix that I am running with... after having the non FotRS mods, gone over & given a report of their potential viability in being used in the mix.

As to the overuse of the mods that were included in the adinz pack, namely... 301_ to 303_ mods... perhaps some clarification if those need not all be activated... just asking for better clarity is all that is asked for there. Thanks.

M. M.
Old 01-01-22, 05:21 PM   #4147
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15 Re: v1.7

On that front... there is somethigng that I am looking into, to see if it is something not quite in place & pertains to the crewman in the control room not having animation working as it should from the previous v1.6X & 1.46 versions...

To be frank, it could well be involved with vickers EAX mod, am not sure yet, as I didn't really notice it, until afterwards... as I never thought to look for it beforehand.

Am working up a test stock v1.7 & then an add-in of the FI:OQ, then EAX... to see if it could be in there that is causing the issue with the crewman's animation not working.

Namely, when they repeat a given order or if your diving... them giving out depth info, is heard & seen in the command's bars box... yet, their mouth isn't moving, at all... small glitch, I know... but I will investigate it.

Just only noticed that last night, before I hit the sack...

Will report back on that, more... after I get that test stock v1.7 & EAX mod put together to check it & see.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 01-01-22 at 06:26 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 05:46 PM   #4148
Herr Kapitan Gavin
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 35
SHO Getting the mod/similar mod for Steam version

I have Silent Hunter 4 on Steam, but your mod says, as far as I understand, that it does not work with the Steam version of the game. Is there a version that does? Or a way to get this version to work with it?
Herr Kapitan Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 06:03 PM   #4149
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Kapitan Gavin View Post
I have Silent Hunter 4 on Steam, but your mod says, as far as I understand, that it does not work with the Steam version of the game. Is there a version that does? Or a way to get this version to work with it?
Ahoy... & Happy New Year...

I use not only Steam, but... Ubi, as well... & it works.

Just have to be sure to right click and in the properties for the SH4.exe (or any other game, for that matter...) & check to ensure that on the main properties page menu, that the write-only box, is unchecked, as well as go into the compatibility tab section, & make sure to have "Run this program as: admin" box, checked... as well. Then, click accept to finalize that & done.

Next, is to avoid installing SH4 (if your source is non steam or Ubi, at least... ) NOT default installed in either of Window's Vulcan, Darth Vader King Kong death grip dictatorship... namely, UAC's rapid pit bull watch dawg, of Window's... territory.

Better still, that also includes having Steam (or any other games launcher & it's requisite "games" library, there... either, besides & not just limited there, to Steam. ).

Make sure to use jsgme to activate the mods... & use MultiSH4 to set up a games save folder, separate from the normal saves folder that is created... when you 1st run SH4... to finalize its initial set up.

Last, but not least... make sure to use either... 4GB patch or Large Address Aware, either of which, will tell your computer, to assign that copy of SH4, access to 4 GB's or RAM.

Myself, I find it far simpler, to utilize LAA, as it is referred to by others... as it is a simple 3 step process.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.
Old 01-01-22, 06:21 PM   #4150
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15 Re: v1.7 - test & report...

Off the rip, found the problem... with just v1.7 activated... that crewman in the control room... the "chief" I believe is there... rank.

On giving the order to just plain out dive the boat... saw motion from them, reacting to said order... heard the vocalization of the order being counter repeated... yet... their lips... weren't moving & I do know of & recall in the previous versions... that did happen... on confirming a dive or surfacing or whatever, not only was there vocal confirmation... but, there was animation of their mouth moving in time or as best an approximation of that, that occurred.

This... is not the case, in v1.7, at all.

Just putting that out there...

End... report...

M. M.
Old 01-01-22, 06:57 PM   #4151
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1786
Default Vickers Interior mod

Are you suppose to be able to enter the forward torpedo room in all the classes or just the Sboat?
J0313 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 07:16 PM   #4152
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Are you suppose to be able to enter the forward torpedo room in all the classes or just the Sboat?
That I know of... just the "S class", only. At this time.

To the best of My knowledge... I think vickers has the plans to work it where you can on the other subs, as well.. if I am not mistaken... J0313.

vickers03, can confirm or refute that... at their leisure.

M. M.
Old 01-01-22, 08:28 PM   #4153
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

We have been looking for broken animation links since the beginning of FotRSU. More of the crew now move their mouths than before. The one fellow only nods his head still, for the most part. Also, sometimes you might expect a given character, such as the Chief of the Boat to answer, but since there are only nine voices in the game, and 12 characters, plus there is no way to "place" the sound, you might see the Chief nod his head, but if you are up in the conning tower, you would see the JG moving his lips and is the one "speaking". Same with being on the bridge, and the Officer of the Deck does some of the "calls". All of that depends upon the boat, the crew, the ranks, the location, the circumstances, like Battle Stations, etc., and all make a difference.

I would be curious to see Kal's trouble with the Cachalot's flag. As to the non-FotRSU mods, there are several reasons NOT to use ANY, with the main one being there is no way to determine what is wrong with your activations. If you look in that Splash Effect mod, it changes the Materials.dat file - NOT GOOD. If you look in the Smaller Seabed Rocks mod, it changes the Undersea.dat - NOT GOOD either. Both files are different than the FotRSU versions of those files, and changing them will break links to other aspects of the game. The Particles.dat file is very important in the game. Some of the other mods you are using are just texture files, but those two are definitely not.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 08:55 PM   #4154
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Kapitan Gavin View Post
Steam does fine, other than you cannot be in a Program Files folder with the game install, which if you use the Steam default, the Library folder is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam \SteamApps \common \Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific." Windows will "protect" that folder from changes from programs like JSGME and others. You need to move the game if that's where it is. The best article for that info is from Steam's Knowledgebase article "Moving a Steam Installation and Games, of which both methods can be tedious. If you have a 2nd hard drive available, you can create another Library folder on it, and install SH4 there. Member kakpro090 has found a way online to fool the Steam app into creating a 2nd Library folder on the C drive, but I've not tried it myself yet. Preparing SH4 for modifications - ymmv. After getting out of the Program Files folders, you can follow the other recommendations. There is also a lot of information in the Support folder of the mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Just the S-Boats at this time.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 09:05 PM   #4155
Woozle
Swabbie

Downloads: 29

My sincere apologies if this has been brought up before but I'm getting kind of a weird error. I brought out the Nautilus in anticipation of those special missions, I went with the treasure island start and did all my sea trials but once I got to midway and went into port I am greeted with this interesting error the next time I tried to set out. "Error: No primary objectives found!" It won't let me leave for port either. I'm not using any mods except the updated version of fleetboat interior and FOTRSU v1.7 of course.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sh4 2022-01-01 20-46-50-96.jpg (17.3 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by Woozle; 01-01-22 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Clarification
Woozle is offline   Reply With Quote