SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-03-21, 08:20 PM   #2701
granite00
Torpedoman

Downloads: 162
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The SJ is available "early", but it should "cost" you renown points, correct?
Yes, 300 points.
Old 02-03-21, 08:34 PM   #2702
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Ahhh!!! not expensive enough!!! lol

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 10:08 PM   #2703
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
My guess here is that Tulagi is messed-up, but Milne more so. While you didn't transfer to it prior to its being "active", the Flotillas file does have it "active" prior to the base being there, and since SH4 does not use "dates" per se, but rather "time passed", that might further confuse the game, and it is probably thinking that the base is no longer active, as far as the Flotillas file goes. Plus, since Milne is "copied" from Brisbane, some dingbat forgot to change one of the "spawn-in" locations for Milne Bay... sigh. - Both fixed (hopefully) for the next version...
I believe you are correct, that both Milne Bay and Tulagi are messed up. Tulagi may be further messed by the elapsed time you mentioned above. To wit, I started 11 patrols out of Tulagi without requesting a transfer, but on returning from the 11th patrol, just as I neared the base there, the "end patrol" question came up, but did not give me an end patrol option! I looked and the Tulagi anchor was tilted, but still no "end Patrol" option. So I did what any good captain would do, searched the seas looking for a new base and found none. I had taken a save about 100 NM from Tulagi, so I exited the mission, exited the game, reloaded the game, and loaded my save. Voila! The anchor at Pearl Harbor was now tilted instead of Tulagi. The date where this miracle of base reassignment was 07/11/1944. I made it to Pearl in good order and was rewarded by a conning tower refit and twin 40mm AA guns on the table.

As soon as my boat overhaul was complete I requested a transfer to Midway, where I am now awaiting a departure date of August 9, 1944. I was tempted to transfer to Milne Bay, but I've had enough of that until a "fix" is in, so to speak.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 08:16 AM   #2704
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Default You have to be kidding me!

Who is the S2 moofmilker that thought up this mission?

it is an agent insertion mission on Saipan in 1943, approx 9 months before Operation Forager.
Notice the drop-off location and then compare it to the enemy gun emplacements.
Geez-Louise.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 09:26 AM   #2705
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
My guess here is that Tulagi is messed-up, but Milne more so. While you didn't transfer to it prior to its being "active", the Flotillas file does have it "active" prior to the base being there, and since SH4 does not use "dates" per se, but rather "time passed", that might further confuse the game, and it is probably thinking that the base is no longer active, as far as the Flotillas file goes. Plus, since Milne is "copied" from Brisbane, some dingbat forgot to change one of the "spawn-in" locations for Milne Bay... sigh. - Both fixed (hopefully) for the next version...
did a little recon work......
Driving a Sargo out of Tulagi for several missions (starting early 1943).
Current date is Sept 23, 1943.
based on the discussion here and my experience with NULL dates, i changed the Milne Bay Base availability dates from NULL to the same dates as the Flotilla dates.

[Flotilla 9]
ID= MilneBayCommand
NameDisplayable= MilneBay
AvailabilityInterval=1942-04-30, 1945-01-31
;*****************************************
; F8 Milne Bay MB Bases
;----------------------
[Flotilla 9.Base 1]
ID= MilneBay
NameDisplayable= MilneBay, Australia
ExternalBaseName= MilneBay
AvailabilityInterval= 1942-04-30, 1945-01-31
DepartureDescriptionOut1= 18461968, -3258416, 2.546314
On a hunch (boom-siss), i went and checked the US Bases file for the base-definition of Milne Bay.
Here is what is there:

[Unit 25]
Name=Milne Bay
Class=NavalBase
Type=407
Origin=American
Side=1
GameEntryDate=19430628
GameExitDate=19451231
Do you see the problem?

Next issue: Why do all Kaleuns based at Milne start outside of Brisbane?
Look at the Milne Bay Departure Lat/Long Above and compare it to the Brisbane Base Departure Lat/Long Below.
[Flotilla 3.Base 1]
ID= Brisbane
NameDisplayable= Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
ExternalBaseName= Brisbane
Info= Brisbane-Base-Info
AvailabilityInterval= NULL, NULL
DepartureDescription1= 18381318, -3285618, 356.054810
DepartureDescription2= 18382104, -3285435, 0
DepartureDescriptionOut1= 18461968, -3258416, 2.546314
so, to fix Milne Bay as a base and the departure point
Replace the DepartureDescriptionOut1 line for Milne in Flotillas.UPC with this line:
DepartureDescriptionOut1= 18003850, -916000, 0

AND
Replace the
Name=Milne Bay
with
Name=MilneBay
in the US_NavalBases.MIS file.
For those unfamiliar with files locations,
Flotillas is located in \Data\UPCData\UPCCampaignData
US NavalBases is located in Data\Campaigns\Campaign

PB, these changes work. i am operating with them even as we speak.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 02-04-21 at 10:27 AM.
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 12:28 PM   #2706
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
Who is the S2 moofmilker that thought up this mission?

[pik]

it is an agent insertion mission on Saipan in 1943, approx 9 months before Operation Forager.
Notice the drop-off location and then compare it to the enemy gun emplacements.
Geez-Louise.
That has been with us since the beginning, and was previously reported and "fixed"... this, along with several other files (Flotillas, PatrolObjectives, etc) of "vintage" age were accidentally mixed into the v1.39 of the mod... oldmanitis - the landing zone was moved in the corrected file, to be "east" of the guns, around the small peninsula, and the player warned that "... intelligence reports shore guns located near xx°N - xx°E. You are advised to approach from the south east, utilizing the land as a view block..." or some-such. Thanks for the update though. That would not have been noticed as another over-sight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
did a little recon work......
Driving a Sargo out of Tulagi for several missions (starting early 1943).
Current date is Sept 23, 1943.
based on the discussion here and my experience with NULL dates, i changed the Milne Bay Base availability dates from NULL to the same dates as the Flotilla dates.

[text]...

PB, these changes work. i am operating with them even as we speak.

[pik]
Quote:
... My guess here is that Tulagi is messed-up, but Milne more so. While you didn't transfer to it prior to its being "active", the Flotillas file does have it "active" prior to the base being there, and since SH4 does not use "dates" per se, but rather "time passed", that might further confuse the game, and it is probably thinking that the base is no longer active, as far as the Flotillas file goes. Plus, since Milne is "copied" from Brisbane, some dingbat forgot to change one of the "spawn-in" locations for Milne Bay... sigh. - Both fixed (hopefully) for the next version...
Keep up man! We move ~fast~ here, at least, for me we do... - that is my edju-muh-kate-ed guess also. The "fix" is in the files for the next version. s7rikeback is finishing checks on airplane files, and I am now working on eliminating "doubles" in the PatrolObjectives file, such as where a "PhilippineOPS" assignment is also used for a "Philippines" assignment, both calling the same mission file - also a hold-over from a while ago. The usual "easy" fix is to add more missions and change the assignment in one or the other Codes, but that is almost as complicated as the "easy" fix of removing the duplicate entries from the PatrolObjectives file, and then renumbering the whole thing... Scary either way. Hopefully, with all of this, and an "Objectives Checker" thingie I am working on, we won't have the occasional CTD when leaving on patrol... maybe...

Old 02-05-21, 10:38 PM   #2707
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
- The 40 mms we upgraded to just before the start of the patrol have only a single crew position per gun, instead of two.
USS Balao has upgraded to dual 5"/25 guns in November 1944 with these issues:
- No crew positions were created for the new aft gun on the crew page
- The bow gun is unchanged on the crew page but response time is now that of an uncrewed gun
- The aft gun is reloading at the same new uncrewed rate of the bow gun.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 11:00 AM   #2708
propbeanie

This is one of the vagaries of the game... After receiving a new gun, and / or changing your existing gun, it is always prudent upon exiting the home port, and outside of the green circle, to Save the game, exit, re-start the game, and then Load that Save. You should then be able to put the crew at their stations on both guns, and when issuing "Battle Stations, guns", be able to "see" the crews at their stations. If not, let me know. Also, when you post back, tell me more about your Balao boat:
1. When and how did you get the boat? ie: "upgrade", new career, etc.
2. What was the date you acquired the boat?
3. Any other issues, such as patrol assignments, etc., other than the guns?
4. Are the radars functioning properly at this time, during the gun issues?
5. How did you get the gun(s)? The 40mm is an automatic "upgrade", whereas the dual 5" should be a purposeful skipper choice.
6. Were there any crew slots on the crew page for the guns?
7. Did you go back and forth on the pages, trying to "force" the game to properly display?
Thanks

Old 02-06-21, 12:31 PM   #2709
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Quote:
This is one of the vagaries of the game... After receiving a new gun, and / or changing your existing gun, it is always prudent upon exiting the home port, and outside of the green circle, to Save the game, exit, re-start the game, and then Load that Save. You should then be able to put the crew at their stations on both guns, and when issuing "Battle Stations, guns", be able to "see" the crews at their stations. If not, let me know. Also, when you post back, tell me more about your Balao boat:
1. When and how did you get the boat? ie: "upgrade", new career, etc.
2. What was the date you acquired the boat?
3. Any other issues, such as patrol assignments, etc., other than the guns?
4. Are the radars functioning properly at this time, during the gun issues?
5. How did you get the gun(s)? The 40mm is an automatic "upgrade", whereas the dual 5" should be a purposeful skipper choice.
6. Were there any crew slots on the crew page for the guns?
7. Did you go back and forth on the pages, trying to "force" the game to properly display?
Thanks
Hi PB,

That technique did not work. I deleted the only Save of the patrol in progress (the first with dual 5" guns), exited the program, started in port from the autosave, went out 75 km (there's no circle on Saipan, incidentally), saved, exited, restarted at that point, and ordered battle stations.

The aft gun was unmanned and no crew slots were created. The fore gun was manned but reload time was 17 seconds; on prior patrols and at normal ranges, reload time was almost equal to flight time.

Before deleting, I checked the replay of a surface action involving both guns: fore was manned but very slow; aft was unmanned but trained and fired, albeit at very slow speed.

I had tried this technique with the 40mm upgrade but nothing happened.

1. We were offered a new boat, the Balao, after ending a patrol in Tulagi, our first one based from there, IIRC. FWIW, we recently declined a far-too-early Tench, but did add four extra bow torpedoes to compensate.
2. It was offered on 2/4/43. First patrol began on 2/21/43 to the SOWESPAC from Mare Island; second patrol began the sea trials.
3. There have been several CTDs over the 18 months since then, as well as one patrol reported earlier where we encountered virtually nothing: "Other than sailing vessels, the only MV underway that we encountered was a DD we'd triggered by coming too close to one of the coastal bunkers in the Basilan Passage. Decided to raid a certain anchorage to finally score some tonnage, which led to the only MV merchant and two other warships on the entire patrol, all three anchored."
4. On the last completed patrol, i.e. just before the dual 5" upgrade, we detected a ship via sonar instead of radar, and even that at rather short range. It was visually detected in calm conditions at 8.5 km after only an unusually brief approach. The radar behaved normally after that.
5. The twin 40mm guns were a voluntary upgrade a couple of patrols ago, date unknown. The dual 5" guns were a voluntary upgrade at the beginning of this patrol in early Nov 1944.

FWIW, the original Balao AA suite was twin 20mm cannons; the single 40mm guns were a later, voluntary upgrade.

6. 40mm - one slot/gun; twin 40mm - one slot/gun; existing single 5" gun - 4 slots (constant since the 4" days); dual 5" gun - same 4 slots for the bow gun, none for the aft gun
7. Yes, on each upgrade.

By the way, is there supposed to be a crewman whose battle station is halfway up the ladder to the bridge from the conning tower, even when we're at 150 meters?

Last edited by Mios 4Me; 02-06-21 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Correction: It was the Sibutu Passage, not the Basilan
Old 02-06-21, 01:40 PM   #2710
propbeanie

Thanks for the details. I'll do me some studying here after a while, and attempt to get this all straight. I'm in a bit of a rush at the moment, and can't decide if I have enough info just yet. When I get back to this though, I'll double-check the "purchases" then. It might be a misconfiguration issue with those guns themselves, as far as a crew goes...

for now, though, you were offered the Balao in Feb of 1943 at Tulagi? Did you have to move to San Francisco then? Was that first SoWesPac assignment to the Solomon or Bismarck Seas? and you then returned to San Fran, and then got a SeaTrials mission? Was your return then after May 26, 1943? What happens with the deck guns when you don't have crew slots is that the game treats both of those guns as basically "unmanned", and you are then stuck with the game's fail-safe default of a slow reload. If you want to, copy your Save folder from "cfg" on down, zip it up and link it to me, and we can see what we see in that. I'll attempt to "fix" the gun positions also while I have it, and then let you attempt to test that. PM me a link, if you want to do that.

Old 02-07-21, 01:12 PM   #2711
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Quote:
for now, though, you were offered the Balao in Feb of 1943 at Tulagi? Did you have to move to San Francisco then? Was that first SoWesPac assignment to the Solomon or Bismarck Seas? and you then returned to San Fran, and then got a SeaTrials mission? Was your return then after May 26, 1943?
1. Correct, at Tulagi.
2. Yes, next patrol was from Mare Island to the Solomons, then back eventually to Mare.
3. That first patrol ended on 5/8/43; three sea trial patrols followed, the last ending on 7/8/43.
Old 02-07-21, 05:47 PM   #2712
Tucker
Seaman

Downloads: 61
Default Tench Class Double Deck Gun Upgrade

Hey yall, I've been having a great playthrough on my latest campaign, but I've run into an issue. I got a new Tench Class boat, Its December/January 44/45, and I am able to kit it out with my renown, but I cant seem to get the double deck guns to show their crew slots properly. I have the bow gun slots showing but not the stern slots and I have no idea what I am missing. I've put the text from the save file in if someone wants to look at it and explain what the issue is.

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7]
ID=TenchGunS
CompartmentType=2
FunctionalType=ArtilleryRoom
NameDisplayable=Aft Deck Gun
Type=NULL
MechanicalCoef=0.500000
ElectricsCoef=0.500000
GunsCoef=0.200000
WatchmanCoef=0.500000
WatchStandingCoef=0.048000
MaintenanceCoef=0.014400
RepairsCoef=0.072000
ReloadingweaponCoef=0.072000
SleepCoef=-0.120000
LeadersSlots=1
CrewMembersSlots=3
EffciencyDenominator=2
EffciencyDenominatorBS=2
Hitpoints=200.000000
CrewExposure=0.700000
EquipmentsExposure=0.100000
WeaponsExposure=0.100000
ExternalDamageZoneTypeID3D=198
StatusActive=No
EfficiencyHumanFactor=1.000000
EfficiencyMechanicFactor=1.000000
Efficiency=0.000000
Damage=0.000000
DamageHitpointsConsumed=0.000000
RemainingRepairTime=0000-00-00 00:00:00
FltDamage=0.000000
CriticalFlotation=1.000000
FloodingLevel=0.000000
FloodingTime=0000-00-00 00:00:00
FloodingSpeed=0.000000
DamageDescription1=NULL,0,0.2,0,1,1,Minor Leak,0,0,NULL,0,0.2,0.17076
DamageDescription2=NULL,0.2,0.6,0,1,1,Large hole,0,0,NULL,0,0.2,0.411511
DamageDescription3=NULL,0.6,1,0,1,1,Wall breached,0,0,NULL,0,0.2,0.864189

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7.WeaponSlot 1]
ID=SternDeckGun
NameDisplayable=Aft Deck Gun Mount
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=NULL
UserCustomizable=No
IDLinkBunker=GunsAmmoBunker
ExternalNodeName3D=M02
ExternalObjectName3D=NULL
ExternalDamageZoneTypeID3D=-1
IDLinkWeaponLoaded=5in25calUS, NULL

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7.WeaponSlot 1.Weapon]
ID=5in25calUS
NameDisplayable=5inch .25 Caliber Cannon
WeaponInterval=1944-01-01, 1999-12-31
WeaponSlotType=NULL
AmmoTypesAccepted=5inHEUS,5inAAUS
AmmoTypeLoaded=NULL
AmmoMagazineSize=1
AmmoMagazineRemaining=0
WeaponCrewMembersSlots=4
ExternalLinkName3D=5_25_soclu
FunctionalType=WpCannon
Hitpoints=100.000000
Efficiency=1.000000
Damage=0.000000
DamageDescription1=NULL,0,0.2,0,1,1,Jam,0,0,NULL,1 ,0.3,0.206357
DamageDescription2=NULL,0,1,0,0.5,1,Chamber Explosion,50,5,NULL,1,2,10.7675

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 1]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_ADGunC3
NameDisplayable=Deck Gun Crew
Type=Crewman
IDLinkCrewMemberLoaded=NULL
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM2@slot_M02
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=WM2@slot_M02
WatchAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects=NULL
WatchAccessoriesForSubtracting3DObjects=NULL
BattleAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects=NULL
BattleAccessoriesForSubtracting3DObjects=NULL

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 2]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_ADGunC2
Type=Crewman
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM1@slot_M02
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=WM1@slot_M02

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 3]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_ADGunC1
Type=Crewman
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM3@slot_M02
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=WM3@slot_M02
WatchAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects=headphones#Head
BattleAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects=headphones#Hea d

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 4]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_ADGunL
NameDisplayable=Deck Gun Leader
Type=Leader
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM4@slot_M02
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=WM4@slot_M02
WatchAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects=Binoclu_WCS,hea dphones#Head
BattleAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects=Binoclu_WCS,he adphones#Head

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8]
ID=TenchGunB
CompartmentType=2
FunctionalType=ArtilleryRoom
NameDisplayable=Bow Deck Gun
Type=NULL
MechanicalCoef=0.500000
ElectricsCoef=0.500000
GunsCoef=0.200000
WatchmanCoef=0.500000
WatchStandingCoef=0.048000
MaintenanceCoef=0.014400
RepairsCoef=0.072000
ReloadingweaponCoef=0.072000
SleepCoef=-0.120000
LeadersSlots=1
CrewMembersSlots=3
EffciencyDenominator=2
EffciencyDenominatorBS=2
Hitpoints=200.000000
CrewExposure=0.700000
EquipmentsExposure=0.100000
WeaponsExposure=0.100000
ExternalDamageZoneTypeID3D=43
StatusActive=No
Efficiency=0.000000
Damage=0.000000
FltDamage=0.000000
CriticalFlotation=1.000000
FloodingLevel=0.000000
FloodingTime=0000-00-00 00:00:00
FloodingSpeed=0.000000
DamageDescription1=NULL,0,0.2,0,1,1,Minor Leak,0,0,NULL,0,0.2,0.178957
DamageDescription2=NULL,0.2,0.6,0,1,1,Large hole,0,0,NULL,0,0.2,0.540059
DamageDescription3=NULL,0.6,1,0,1,1,Wall breached,0,0,NULL,0,0.2,1.11369

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.WeaponSlot 1]
ID=BowDeckGun
NameDisplayable=Fore Deck Gun Mount
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=NULL
UserCustomizable=No
IDLinkBunker=GunsAmmoBunker
ExternalNodeName3D=M01
ExternalObjectName3D=NULL
ExternalDamageZoneTypeID3D=-1
IDLinkWeaponLoaded=5in25calUS, NULL

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.WeaponSlot 1.Weapon]
ID=5in25calUS
NameDisplayable=5inch .25 Caliber Cannon
WeaponInterval=1944-01-01, 1999-12-31
WeaponSlotType=NULL
AmmoTypesAccepted=5inHEUS,5inAAUS
AmmoTypeLoaded=NULL
AmmoMagazineSize=1
AmmoMagazineRemaining=0
WeaponCrewMembersSlots=4
ExternalLinkName3D=5_25_soclu
FunctionalType=WpCannon
Hitpoints=100.000000
Efficiency=1.000000
Damage=0.000000
DamageDescription1=NULL,0,0.2,0,1,1,Jam,0,0,NULL,1 ,0.3,0.206357
DamageDescription2=NULL,0,1,0,0.5,1,Chamber Explosion,50,5,NULL,1,2,10.7675

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlot 1]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_FDGunL
NameDisplayable=Deck Gun Leader
Type=Leader
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM4@slot_M01
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=WM4@slot_M01
WatchAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects=Binoclu_WCS,hea dphones#Head
BattleAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects=Binoclu_WCS,he adphones#Head

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlot 2]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_FDGunC1
Type=Crewman
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM3@slot_M01
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=WM3@slot_M01
WatchAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects=headphones#Head
BattleAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects=headphones#Hea d

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlot 3]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_FDGunC2
Type=Crewman
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM1@slot_M01
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=WM1@slot_M01

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlot 4]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_FDGunC3
Type=Crewman
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM2@slot_M01
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=WM2@slot_M01

[UserPlayerUnit 1.UpgradePackSlot 3]
ID=UpgDeckGun
NameDisplayable=Deck Gun
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=USDeckGunImpBow,USDeckGunImpStern,US DeckGunHvyBow,USDeckGunHvyStern,USDeckGunHvyDbl
UserCustomizable=Yes
IDLinkUpgradePackSlots=BowDeckGun,SternDeckGun
CurrentUpgradePack=5inch .25cal Twin Cannons (Bow and Stern)
IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsLoaded=NULL

[UserPlayerUnit 1.FunctionalSubsystem 29]
ID=DeckGun1
NameDisplayable=Bow Deck Gun
FunctionalType=WeaponMainCannon
IDLinkFunctionalSubsystemSlots=BowDeckGun,1

[UserPlayerUnit 1.FunctionalSubsystem 30]
ID=DeckGun2
NameDisplayable=Stern Deck Gun
FunctionalType=WeaponMainCannon
IDLinkFunctionalSubsystemSlots=SternDeckGun,1

Thanks
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 06:16 PM   #2713
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Scuttlebutt says the Tench is still a busted flush, you've just proved it so it must be true, I rarely upgrade beyond a Gato sub as both the Balao (it came with issues but all good now) and the Tench have caused problems in past editions of the mod, I'm not sure the Tench can be fixed but you can ask for nothing.
Old 02-07-21, 07:24 PM   #2714
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
1. Correct, at Tulagi.
2. Yes, next patrol was from Mare Island to the Solomons, then back eventually to Mare.
3. That first patrol ended on 5/8/43; three sea trial patrols followed, the last ending on 7/8/43.
Thanks for the clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
Hey yall, I've been having a great playthrough on my latest campaign, but I've run into an issue. I got a new Tench Class boat, Its December/January 44/45, and I am able to kit it out with my renown, but I cant seem to get the double deck guns to show their crew slots properly. I have the bow gun slots showing but not the stern slots and I have no idea what I am missing. I've put the text from the save file in if someone wants to look at it and explain what the issue is.

<SPOILERs>
In the Save folder's "ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc" there, compare your "UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7" to "UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8", specifically the "UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository X" lines in #7. Delete the wording "AdditionalRepository" from those four lines, and your crew slots will show up again. Sometimes, the guns themselves are incomplete. Refer to the "NewColetrainsAndOthersDGfix.pdf" file in the Support / HowTo folder, on Page 3, for more info, and what else to look out for. Are you by chance using vickers' Officer's Quarters mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Scuttlebutt says the Tench is still a busted flush, you've just proved it so it must be true, I rarely upgrade beyond a Gato sub as both the Balao (it came with issues but all good now) and the Tench have caused problems in past editions of the mod, I'm not sure the Tench can be fixed but you can ask for nothing.
In theory (famous last words while coming back from patrol and s7rikeback is wining and dining your girlfriend), the Tench and Balao should both function as intended, so long as you do NOT accept them prior to their active dates. Testing on my machine has shown fully functional deck guns & crews, as well as fully funtional deck and AA guns, no matter what my choices are, so long as I adhere to proper procedures before going on patrol. I have done several test campaigns with a Gato going to a Balao in 1943, and a Balao to a Tench in 1945 without issue. The only problem being of course, "test" campaign. They are "seeded" campaigns. They are not from 1941 to 1945, involving 16+ Saves, due to "testing cycle" constraints (T-I-M-E)... lol

Old 02-07-21, 07:38 PM   #2715
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Quote:
T
In the Save folder's "ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc" there, compare your "UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7" to "UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8", specifically the "UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository X" lines in #7. Delete the wording "AdditionalRepository" from those four lines, and your crew slots will show up again. Sometimes, the guns themselves are incomplete. Refer to the "NewColetrainsAndOthersDGfix.pdf" file in the Support / HowTo folder, on Page 3, for more info, and what else to look out for. :
Presumably this applies in my case too?