SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-14-08, 10:26 AM   #46
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galanti
Great news...any way to get that compatibility thing implemented without NHancer? Registry key perhaps?

I've tried nHancer, and while it seemed pretty good in terms of funtionality, I found it was a bit slow to load, and had three processes running in the background. I'm pretty stingy with my processes, I'm down to 15 only in WinXP SP2.
Good question...LOL....I can understand you....I for example use nTune just to have OC features (and some fan control) that I should like more to see them enabled in the default nvidia control pannel by a register tweak without the necessity to install ntuner (my MOBO have a Intel chipset) - and I don´t need all that so deep features from Riva Tunner.

Now returning to your question...I also don´t know if it´s possible to enable this nHancer set with registry tweaks...anyhow, IMHO, nHancer unlocks so much hidden good features that I will left it installed on my system.
Old 01-14-08, 12:48 PM   #47
dean_acheson
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 42

Using Vista 32 bit, and a 7800 GTX.

My computer was very very unhappy with this nhancer program. Wouldn't even run SH4... maybe I just set it up wrong, but I don't want to have to deal with that again.

Now I'm not sure why I just didn't stick with the control panel, it will let you fiddle with a ton of the settings.
dean_acheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 12:56 PM   #48
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Here is a new one on me. I did not change a thing with my system. I use a 7800 gs. I fired up the game and was getting 12-14 FPS while looking at the sub or on the bridge view. Looking anywere else and I got 18 FPS. Normally on the bridge and outside view I get 25 FPS or more. I reinstalled the current Nvidia drivers that did no good. I eventually reduced by in game screen resolution and all was well. I was then getting 30+ FPS. I never experienced this before. Anyone else have this happen?
Old 01-14-08, 01:14 PM   #49
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by swdw
RR, the one thing mentioned in posts is that the default Nvidia water rendering is surrealistic, while the ATi water is more realistic.
Here's an example of the water with an ATi card:

Thing is, some people like the surrealistic look better
Any idea what the wind speed is in that shot? I'd be curious to match up an nVidia shot in the same conditions. Too bad we can't have two separate graphics cards, one ATI and one nVidia running SH4 together and compare the screenshots of identical scenes.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 01:53 PM   #50
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Here is a new one on me. I did not change a thing with my system. I use a 7800 gs. I fired up the game and was getting 12-14 FPS while looking at the sub or on the bridge view. Looking anywere else and I got 18 FPS. Normally on the bridge and outside view I get 25 FPS or more. I reinstalled the current Nvidia drivers that did no good. I eventually reduced by in game screen resolution and all was well. I was then getting 30+ FPS. I never experienced this before. Anyone else have this happen?
Might want to try Driver Sweeper, uninstall, clean and then reinstall to see if that helps.
http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=driversweeper

Is it possible something you installed recently is running a background task you weren't running before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
Any idea what the wind speed is in that shot? I'd be curious to match up an nVidia shot in the same conditions. Too bad we can't have two separate graphics cards, one ATI and one nVidia running SH4 together and compare the screenshots of identical scenes.
between 12-15, sun at 40-50 degrees above the horizon

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 01:56 PM   #51
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Now THAT's strange

Quote:
Why would your 7800 have lower fps than my 7600GT? I thought they were supposed to be faster.

Your fps might change based on the number of background programs and processes you are running. Yesterday, mine fell to 19 until I rebooted and then was back to 38 again. I was back and forth between SH4, Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, Thunderbird, Firefox and a big huge java applet (is there any other kind of java applet?) for the EVGA website applying for my RMA on my second detonated graphics card. Bad electrolytic capacitor again.
Old 01-14-08, 02:38 PM   #52
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6

Some water pics...real or surreal, I don't know:

Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 03:19 PM   #53
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6

I like the wires to be almost invisible from a distance, as in real life:

All above pics with Rubini nHancer settings and GTX8800
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 03:54 PM   #54
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
Quote:
Why would your 7800 have lower fps than my 7600GT? I thought they were supposed to be faster.

Your fps might change based on the number of background programs and processes you are running. Yesterday, mine fell to 19 until I rebooted and then was back to 38 again. I was back and forth between SH4, Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, Thunderbird, Firefox and a big huge java applet (is there any other kind of java applet?) for the EVGA website applying for my RMA on my second detonated graphics card. Bad electrolytic capacitor again.
Not sure RR. My kids and wife were on the computer most of the day. Playing all sort of stuff. I went to play and my FPS dropped for no good reason. I cleaned up internet junk. Cleaned up the registry and defrag as it said it needed it. Reboot and still the same. Usually doing that does the trick. I reinstalled the drivers and still the same 18 fps. It seemed locked on 18 fps. I reduced the in game resolution by one notch and I was looking at 30+ FPS in outside view. It was a steady 30+ also. Very strange. I'm cool if it stays at 30+ FPS. I will see what happens tonight.
Old 01-15-08, 01:51 PM   #55
cmdrk
Planesman

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder-Pirate
LOL
I'll keep my Chevy........er... Model T.

Based by the above screen shot, you need some AA or something. Doesn't look real at all. And those clouds, -----------------
cmdrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 03:34 PM   #56
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

ATI R9800 Pro, driver 7.12, during 5...6 sec:

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 05:22 PM   #57
Elder-Pirate
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder-Pirate
LOL
I'll keep my Chevy........er... Model T.

Based by the above screen shot, you need some AA or something. Doesn't look real at all. And those clouds, -----------------

Wadda want for a 1941 Brownie box camera with Kodak color deluxe film ( brand new film for 1941 ). :rotfl:
Old 01-15-08, 06:38 PM   #58
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Marvelous shot, Anvart!
Old 01-20-08, 02:09 AM   #59
cowboys98
Mate

Downloads: 108
Default something is wrong here?

hi,i got nvidia 7600 gs,i updated to the latest driver,i d/l the enhancer and put the settings suggested for sh3/4 .when i started the game,this is how it look,also im running all the reflections of the water mods.any suggestions on how to fix this?

[img=http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3708/sh4img20080120002629421qv7.th.png]
[img=http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4153/sh4img20080120002613078dp6.th.png]

cowboys98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-08, 05:50 AM   #60
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110

i currently have over 40 processes running on my task manager. does anyone have any info on how i can optimise my system somewhat?
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote