SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-16-21, 12:10 PM   #13831
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
Thank you! I forgot to load the settings.

I now have another questions: I have just started the campaign (never played SH 5 before). I have sunken some ships and reloaded my torpedos at a harbor. I wanted to finish my "Feindfahrt" and traveled to Kiel, my current "Heimathafen" (home base harbor). When I arrived I had no option to stop and go to the bunker. Can I only do this then the campaign time is over?

Also: I am now trying the "real navigation mod". Feels completely different. I just realised that the navigation tools are inverted: at my compass 0 is 180, west is east etc... This makes it difficult to get a precise new course. I have found a draggable compass with the correct coordinates but using the standard compass or the ruler would be easier. Can I change the normal compass? And why is it inverted anyway?
you will want to arrive at kiel on the 4th or after on the compass inverted for me too i just flipped it around in my mind i got the draggable get too it easy right in the middle of the map
Old 05-17-21, 12:00 PM   #13832
Dainem
Swabbie

Downloads: 13

Hello again.

Can I create a shortcut key to teleport to the attack periscope quickly?

And when I am on the bridge and want to dive can I adjust the game so that I get teleported into the ship automatically when I give the diving order?
Dainem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 05:05 PM   #13833
Compans57
Officer

Downloads: 71

Quote:
Hello again.

And when I am on the bridge and want to dive can I adjust the game so that I get teleported into the ship automatically when I give the diving order?
There is an option for this in the Options File Editor. I used it but my game crashed every time. It may work for you though. Under the crash dive tab.
Compans57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 06:19 PM   #13834
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Hello again.

to teleport to the scope bring up the officers on bottom of screen click on the arrow that says teleport then click scope
Old 05-21-21, 03:56 PM   #13835
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Thanks GrenSo, some people will probably find it useful, although you already know my opinion about the game tendency to award you with the iron cross every single month...
What do you think about to edit the award page in such a way that only the 1st date of the award can be seen and an award certificate is placed underneath as a picture? But I an not sure if it is possible to find for all six awards/medals a certificate.

So we have there only one date and not every month a new one.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-21, 06:44 PM   #13836
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
What do you think about to edit the award page in such a way that only the 1st date of the award can be seen and an award certificate is placed underneath as a picture? But I an not sure if it is possible to find for all six awards/medals a certificate.

So we have there only one date and not every month a new one.

It is a good idea but the award system of SH5 is highly buggy and, really, you can see realistic awards through KSD. I made five good patrols with 239700 tons and only I have an Iron Cross in SH5 TWoS, in KSD I have four more realistic awards for the tonnage. Old bug of vanilla SH5, it seems a hard coded issue.

Many thanks and best regards

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 11:09 AM   #13837
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Default # 24

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...7&postcount=24
do not go too far anyway because it borders on the comic...
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 12:11 PM   #13838
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...7&postcount=24
do not go too far anyway because it borders on the comic...
I think the statement, that this is only a sketch so far (the main menu screen), and there will be more thematic videos, is just hilarious.
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-21, 05:13 AM   #13839
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

I uploaded a merge of my historically correct U-69 tower skin with my old mod U-51 tower skin and emblem "Atje and Bambo" for TWoS v2.2.24.

Link to thread: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=249490

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-21, 04:54 AM   #13840
DackSter94
Swabbie

Downloads: 40

Hello.

I have some questions about "send contact report". I read multiple times that it could summon friendly submarines and or aircraft, but have never found any proof of it (image or video). Is it even worth doing? What are the chances that the convoy itself will detect the transmission and will send DCs to rek you and change convoy heading? How long does it take for friendly subs and aircraft to get to you? How usefull are they? BDU reply also says to stay undetected so it means that you have to waste more time while convoy is about to hit british coast in couple of days?
DackSter94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-21, 01:06 PM   #13841
Levyathan89
Soundman

Downloads: 49

I haven't played this in a while and maybe I'm just blind or something but is it normal that there is no "send mast hight to tdc" option in the shipping manual? How can I identify the target?
Levyathan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 06:15 AM   #13842
U-190
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 2338

How to remove TDW Mines from this mod?
U-190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 07:59 AM   #13843
Dupxo7
Swabbie

Downloads: 1

I have been playing SH5 with this amazing mod for more than 2 years but I only now noticed that there are no air bubbles when ship is sinking. In previous Silent Hunters (3 or 4) there were literally clouds of air bubbles when ship was going down.

Question: is there a mod which add clouds of air bubbles when ship is sinking and going underwater?
Dupxo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 09:59 AM   #13844
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Dupxo7!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 10:18 AM   #13845
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupxo7 View Post
I have been playing SH5 with this amazing mod for more than 2 years but I only now noticed that there are no air bubbles when ship is sinking. In previous Silent Hunters (3 or 4) there were literally clouds of air bubbles when ship was going down.

Question: is there a mod which add clouds of air bubbles when ship is sinking and going underwater?
That is quite a discovery and I wonder why this has not been brought up before (at least as far as I'm aware).

Welcome to SubSim

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote