SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-15-22, 10:24 AM   #16
steel shark
XO

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 5

Icon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidtman View Post
I see you released an update on GitHub. I will try and take a look at it tonight. I looked at the code and saw the test depth on the Guppy's increased to 600ft. Looking good so far.

What changes did you make to the campaign? It looks like more missions were added.

i forwarded your subsim post they changed it to 600 yer we trying to add new stuff but we are not many and have other real life stuff ofc to attend to we are trying to expand DotMod as best we can when we can

Steel Shark
Old 04-21-22, 07:04 PM   #17
Davidtman
Mate

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel shark View Post
i forwarded your subsim post they changed it to 600 yer we trying to add new stuff but we are not many and have other real life stuff ofc to attend to we are trying to expand DotMod as best we can when we can

Steel Shark
I noticed a couple of other detail. In the Barbel class if you surface the sub, then increase the positive ballast, it will actually lift the sub out of the water and give you plus 12 on the depth. I tried to find a way to correct this myself but could not figure out how.

Also on the Ohio class the total stored weapons is listed at 10. With 4 in the tubes and 6 reloads for torpedoes. The Ohio carried a total of 22 stored weapons with 4 in the tubes and 18 reloads.
Davidtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 08:02 AM   #18
steel shark
XO

Icon1 ill have a look at both when i can

Their are a few variables that effect subs positions relating to Ballast settings

as for Ohio ill look around for data on weapons loads then see what team wants to set it to

ill try sort these when i can 4 ya

Steel Shark
Old 04-24-22, 08:11 AM   #19
Davidtman
Mate

Quote:
Their are a few variables that effect subs positions relating to Ballast settings

as for Ohio ill look around for data on weapons loads then see what team wants to set it to

Steel Shark
The Barbel basically turns into a hoovercraft
Old 04-24-22, 08:16 AM   #20
Davidtman
Mate

Quote:

Steel Shark
Here is an article from HI Sutton showing the weapons loadout of most active submarines

http://www.hisutton.com/World-Submar...pons-Load.html
Old 04-26-22, 06:58 PM   #21
Firebar
Watch

Downloads: 3

Quote:
I noticed a couple of other detail. In the Barbel class if you surface the sub, then increase the positive ballast, it will actually lift the sub out of the water and give you plus 12 on the depth. I tried to find a way to correct this myself but could not figure out how.

Also on the Ohio class the total stored weapons is listed at 10. With 4 in the tubes and 6 reloads for torpedoes. The Ohio carried a total of 22 stored weapons with 4 in the tubes and 18 reloads.
Thanks for these. I’ve got them logged into the issue tracker on GitHub so we don’t forget them. The floating Barbel was in normal conditions correct? So no time acceleration.
Firebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 08:45 AM   #22
Davidtman
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebar View Post
Thanks for these. I’ve got them logged into the issue tracker on GitHub so we don’t forget them. The floating Barbel was in normal conditions correct? So no time acceleration.
Yes, not time compression. It will just slowly rise out of the water if you have positive ballast.
Old 05-05-22, 05:25 PM   #23
Firebar
Watch

Default DotMod Dev Update

As I suspect a lot of the people here don't frequent the DotMod Discord I thought I would cross post some of our Dev updates that we have been working on. Release of the update is the traditional "Soon".

One of the biggest new features is a entirely new system for Towed Arrays and Towed Decoys, this lets us render them for player and enemy vessels, as demonstrated below by a Valiant-class this new renderer lest us detail the actual array too.

We've also been hard at work on some new vessels, these include the the below, maybe you recognise them all!

We're also hard at work stabilising and improving systems at the background. I am particularly proud of the fact that this version will have much improved Mac OSX compatability!
Firebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 02:22 PM   #24
Davidtman
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebar View Post
As I suspect a lot of the people here don't frequent the DotMod Discord I thought I would cross post some of our Dev updates that we have been working on. Release of the update is the traditional "Soon".

One of the biggest new features is a entirely new system for Towed Arrays and Towed Decoys, this lets us render them for player and enemy vessels, as demonstrated below by a Valiant-class this new renderer lest us detail the actual array too.

We've also been hard at work on some new vessels, these include the the below, maybe you recognise them all!

We're also hard at work stabilising and improving systems at the background. I am particularly proud of the fact that this version will have much improved Mac OSX compatability!

I am excited. Cannot wait to test out the new subs.
Old 05-10-22, 11:55 AM   #25
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946

Nice work here

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-22, 10:48 PM   #26
Barleyman
Gunner

Sturgeon in 1968 scenario self-destructs when launching the mk37 badtorpedo. I know it's pretty useless but I don't think it's supposed to make it quick and painless..
Barleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 03:57 AM   #27
Barleyman
Gunner

Apparently that's the old gag about Mk37 blowing your bow off if you're launching it to a target across the bow since it's so slow. As if it was not lousy enough otherwise..
Old 05-17-22, 11:36 AM   #28
Davidtman
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleyman View Post
Apparently that's the old gag about Mk37 blowing your bow off if you're launching it to a target across the bow since it's so slow. As if it was not lousy enough otherwise..
The Cold Water devs contemplated adding the Mk37c to the game. In the mid to late 1960's the US Navy created an upgrade kit the MK37 to add a Otto II propulsion. It is similar to the NT37 but kept the original sensor and guidance system with only minor upgrades made to them.

The package would have increased speed by 40% and doubled the range. The upgrades were never used by the Navy probably due to the rapid progress on the MK 48.

https://maritime.org/doc/torpedomk37/index.htm#pg1-1
Old 05-21-22, 08:35 PM   #29
Barleyman
Gunner

Quote:
The Cold Water devs contemplated adding the Mk37c to the game. In the mid to late 1960's the US Navy created an upgrade kit the MK37 to add a Otto II propulsion. It is similar to the NT37 but kept the original sensor and guidance system with only minor upgrades made to them.

The package would have increased speed by 40% and doubled the range. The upgrades were never used by the Navy probably due to the rapid progress on the MK 48.

https://maritime.org/doc/torpedomk37/index.htm#pg1-1
Yes, it gives you an another perspective on how things were. Americans had, no doubt about it, superior boats, but the weapons were miserable. Doubly so for Britons, Tigertrash in 80s, ugh. Soviets on the other hand had noisy deaf subs but had torpedoes that could actually kill the opponents, if a) they could hear them b) the torpedo could acquire.

As far as I understood from some online reference, USN was well aware of Mk 37 problems but didn't want to upgrade it because it might have gotten the Mk48 project cancelled outright if there was something that was not quite as dire.
Old 05-22-22, 05:53 AM   #30
steel shark
XO

gear New Mark 37 Torpedo's

these shots of the new mark 37 mod 0 , 1 , 2 , 3 Torpedo's being made For DotMod they should be in the next release

these we have made based on real world photos & diagrams best we can
these WIP ofc

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 06-30-22 at 02:15 PM.
steel shark is offline   Reply With Quote