SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Atlantic Fleet / Pacific Fleet
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-17, 06:44 AM   #1
CharliChoppa
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Am I cheating?

Hello all... First post , eeek!

I'm just after some advice on a feature I've found in Atlantic Fleet and not sure if it's a bug or intended... And as the title says it feels a bit like a cheat!

Been playing the game for a week or so (bloody addicted he he!), and have really got into the dynamic campaign as Allies... I do tend to press things a lot to see what they do and I've found that on a new turn when you get a battle screen pop up showing for example I have two DDs with a huge convoy Vs five enemy subs I've found that if I click on a different region with say for example four of my DDs in then they can enter the battle rather than the original two DDs & convoy...

Does that make sense? Now obviously that can be very advantageous as you can avoid tricky confrontations where maybe you get caught off guard...

I have two theories as to why this can be done...

It's s bug...

It's intended as the original fleet disengages & the other fleet steams in to engage... Although I'm sure I did have a fleet two regions away take on a battle and that does feel unrealistic!

I have on the whole been refraining from using this tactic as it feels cheap but must admit last night when trying to get a heavily damaged Nelson back from South Atlantic for repairs and was ambushed by a Wolf Pack I did swap fleets in the battle screen to protect her...

So! Any thoughts? Bug or intended?

Cheers, Charli...

Also just to note I am on PC if that's relevant...
CharliChoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-17, 07:40 AM   #2
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189

Sounds like a bug to me.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-17, 03:55 AM   #3
Skwabie
Mate

Downloads: 31

LOL I actually like this

Contact an enemy BB with subs where I stalk for 1 hour to get into position... extremely boring. Maybe not at first but 2nd and 3rd battle... enough already

But I can select another zone with a surface group and yay, got a BB duel.
Skwabie is offline   Reply With Quote