SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-25-23, 06:31 PM   #1
CptCmdr
Cadet

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default Looking for a way to force transfer with save edit

Ahoy captains! I'm looking for some help with my current career. I started in Manila, got changed to Surabaya, and ultimately took new command of the USS Drum and was sent to Pearl. Now, I probably shouldn't have taken that new sub since my intent was to stick around the Solomons/Bismark for the Guadalcanal campaign and go from there, but that new sub was too tempting. I didn't have an issue with it at first. I just thought that I'd do a few "quick" patrols and get transferred to Brisbane by August. Well, it's now close to the end of Dec 1942, and I still haven't been offered any transfer.

I've edited my saves to change my objectives from Honshu to Solomon/Bismark area, but I'm getting tired of the week and a half long journey to get there. So now comes the point of my post: is there any way to edit a transfer into the CarreerTrack.upc file? I've tried changing my "CurrentFlotilla" and "CurrentFlotillaBase" entries to "Brisbane" and "BrisbaneCommand" (perhaps these are incorrect), and the game CTD after starting the patrol. I'm hoping some of you fine skippers might have the info I need. Or, barring that, can anyone that has a CareerTrack.upc save with a transfer on record share that file info with me?

Thanks and happy hunting!
CptCmdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-23, 01:44 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCmdr View Post
Ahoy captains! I'm looking for some help with my current career. I started in Manila, got changed to Surabaya, and ultimately took new command of the USS Drum and was sent to Pearl. Now, I probably shouldn't have taken that new sub since my intent was to stick around the Solomons/Bismark for the Guadalcanal campaign and go from there, but that new sub was too tempting. I didn't have an issue with it at first. I just thought that I'd do a few "quick" patrols and get transferred to Brisbane by August. Well, it's now close to the end of Dec 1942, and I still haven't been offered any transfer.

I've edited my saves to change my objectives from Honshu to Solomon/Bismark area, but I'm getting tired of the week and a half long journey to get there. So now comes the point of my post: is there any way to edit a transfer into the CarreerTrack.upc file? I've tried changing my "CurrentFlotilla" and "CurrentFlotillaBase" entries to "Brisbane" and "BrisbaneCommand" (perhaps these are incorrect), and the game CTD after starting the patrol. I'm hoping some of you fine skippers might have the info I need. Or, barring that, can anyone that has a CareerTrack.upc save with a transfer on record share that file info with me?

Thanks and happy hunting!
unfortunately, a kaleun cannot just edit their careertrack to change their flotilla and base...and you are correct in that you probably shouldn't have accepted the new reward-boat because it shifted you out of the theatre in which you wanted to operate.

can you reload your career to the point where you are in-port with your old boat? that is the easiest solution.

secondly, it is difficult to offer suggestions without knowing your playing config: launch JSGME, Tasks-Export to clipboard, then paste (ctrl+v) here into your post.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-23, 01:55 PM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

CptCmdr!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-23, 02:27 PM   #4
CptCmdr
Cadet

Downloads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
unfortunately, a kaleun cannot just edit their careertrack to change their flotilla and base...and you are correct in that you probably shouldn't have accepted the new reward-boat because it shifted you out of the theatre in which you wanted to operate.

can you reload your career to the point where you are in-port with your old boat? that is the easiest solution.

secondly, it is difficult to offer suggestions without knowing your playing config: launch JSGME, Tasks-Export to clipboard, then paste (ctrl+v) here into your post.

Sorry, here's my config. Nothing crazy, vanilla with just some graphical mods:
Quote:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

Bigger Better Protractors
Magnified Hud Dials for v1.5_Medium
STOCK_different_smoke
TMO19_interior3d_GATO_overhaul
Improved Stock Environment_v3
#2 ISE Realistic Colors
USS Blackfin Skin

Being unable to edit it was what I was afraid of. I even attempted to add a couple "CareerStatusSave" with "CSS_FlotillaChange" and "CSS_BaseChange", but to no avail. I can load into Brisbane harbor after launching the patrol, but it will quickly CTD every time. I could possibly reload an old save, but it's been 10 months since I've taken the new command. I'd hate to have all the stuff that's happened since then be part of some fever dream. And who knows, perhaps I'll finally get that transfer after I finish my current patrol.

It's Jan 9th, 1943, and I'm lined up to engage a large enemy task force coming out of the Bismarck Sea that, judging by my new radar, consists of at least 2 BBs, 6 cruisers and a dozen destroyers. Oh, and there's a storm rolling in.

I'll keep experimenting with it, though. I'm still interested to know what the "CareerStatusSave" entry looks like for a transfer, and if its just a flotilla/base change or if I'm missing something else.

Cheers for the reply, mate!
CptCmdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-23, 05:00 PM   #5
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCmdr View Post
Sorry, here's my config. Nothing crazy, vanilla with just some graphical mods:

Being unable to edit it was what I was afraid of. I even attempted to add a couple "CareerStatusSave" with "CSS_FlotillaChange" and "CSS_BaseChange", but to no avail. I can load into Brisbane harbor after launching the patrol, but it will quickly CTD every time. I could possibly reload an old save, but it's been 10 months since I've taken the new command. I'd hate to have all the stuff that's happened since then be part of some fever dream. And who knows, perhaps I'll finally get that transfer after I finish my current patrol.

It's Jan 9th, 1943, and I'm lined up to engage a large enemy task force coming out of the Bismarck Sea that, judging by my new radar, consists of at least 2 BBs, 6 cruisers and a dozen destroyers. Oh, and there's a storm rolling in.

I'll keep experimenting with it, though. I'm still interested to know what the "CareerStatusSave" entry looks like for a transfer, and if its just a flotilla/base change or if I'm missing something else.

Cheers for the reply, mate!
well, it appears as if you have found yourself.
playing 1.5 Stock, 1/1/43 is the earliest a Gato can be based at Brisbane.
if you want to enjoy the early Guadalcanal struggle (8/1/42 to 12/31/42) then you need to be driving something less than a Gato: S-boat, Porpoise, Tambar, Gar, Salmon, or Sargo. all of those boats can be assigned to Brisbane prior to 8/1/42.

good luck with that TF you have come upon.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote